BIG RETREAT BRANSON MISSOURI FEB. 23rd. THRU MARCH 1st ,2014: Hostess Barbara and the Stone Castle Hotel

rated by 0 users
This post has 658 Replies | 32 Followers

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,445
Points 24,075
Debbie replied on Thu, Feb 13 2014 10:28 AM

Wow!  going to be meeting up with DH's cousin, seeing two friends, one from my childhood and one from our military days. who we haven't seen any of them in about 15-20 years.  A tour, some shopping, lots of quilting, maybe a show, playing crazy games and meeting new friends and old - what a week this will be!   I really need this break from work.   this is going to be more fun than the cruise we went on.  

"I'm just a poor soul who's intentions are good.   Oh, Lord, Please don't let me be misunderstood."

Debbie (dear1953)  

• Post Points: 5
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,445
Points 24,075
Debbie replied on Thu, Feb 13 2014 10:33 AM

Beth Weigt:
is anyone intrested in a class on how to take care of your featherweight?    there is a woman who is teaching a class in branson at the end august.   i was planning on going, but life got in the way.   i e-mailed her and asked if she would be interested in coming back to branson for our retreat.  i have no idea how expensive it will be.   her $500 price at branson included the B&B for 3 or four days and a piecing  a quilt on your featherweight. 

Was this ever scheduled?  I don't remember seeing anything else but the inquiry as to interest....

"I'm just a poor soul who's intentions are good.   Oh, Lord, Please don't let me be misunderstood."

Debbie (dear1953)  

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,445
Points 24,075
Debbie replied on Thu, Feb 13 2014 10:38 AM

Nana - would you repost who is bringing what? 

Debbie (dear1953)  

• Post Points: 20
Not Ranked
Female
Posts 36
Points 695
Mary T replied on Thu, Feb 13 2014 11:06 AM

I've been having so much trouble getting on the site lately!  good grief.  I hope they get this fixed soon.   I've been wanting to ask if I should bring my accuquilt cutter as well, I have basic shapes of squares, rectangles and circles.   I am stopping off in Springfield for lunch with my son (who goes to college there) but I expect to arrive around 2pm-ish.  The wire company sounds interesting but it really depends on how much I'm getting done....sounds like an all-afternoon trip and I really want to sew!    See you all soon!!! 

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,497
Points 30,470
Diana replied on Fri, Feb 14 2014 6:04 AM

Mary T,  I'm bringing my accurately Go machine.  I have a few extra dies as well.  I am driving a big van so had the extra room.  Can't wait to meet new friends and meet up with the old ones.

Diana in East TN

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 655
Points 16,585

Beth Weigt:

Brigitte-Carol - from where are you driving (I forget)?  Anyway, I have an 8+ hour drive which last year took me 10+, so I understand about driving alone.  I am watching weather, and if things look iffy I will leave on Saturday and see how far I get.

Haven't been able to get on for the past couple of day.  I'm driving from Santa Anna, TX, and will go through Oklahoma.  According to MapQuest it is a 10 hour drive, so figuring stopping every 2-3 hours for a quick walkabout, I figure 12 hours.  I haven't done a long trip by myself for over 20 years, so not sure how my body will react. 

I make reservations at a Motel 6 at Tulsa, but can cancel the same day if I think I can make it all the way.   We'll see. 

Brigit-Carol

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,734
Points 30,075
Roxana replied on Fri, Feb 14 2014 10:09 AM

I haven't seen Nana online. I know she was hit heavily by this last storm.

Here's the latest sign-up list I could find to copy and paste:

3 or 4 large cutting mats       Roxana, Elaine, Mary T

Rotary cutters      Debbie, Roxana, Nana      Roxana bringing extra blades  Mary T

Rulers    Debbie,  Roxana  6 x 24, 12, 6,   Nana  6 x 24, 12, 6   Mary T

Design walls      Roxana, Nana Mary T

Bed Risers    Debbie, Debbie Do,

Extra Items:

Diana is bringing her Go cutter and some dies for people to try out.

Field Trip on Tuesday, Feb 25, I believe, to Ackfeld Wire, and possibly to some quilt shops in Springfield. Debbie-do is planning that trip.

I hope this helps whoever was asking!

• Post Points: 35
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,445
Points 24,075
Debbie replied on Fri, Feb 14 2014 2:46 PM

Off today but have to work tomorrow so being lazy and watching Olympics.  So ready to be heading off to Branson next week.  We're volunteering at the library book sale Fri nite so will have to be packed befote we go to it at 4:30 so we can get out of here by 9:000 am on Sat.  Decided to spend the night in Springfield with some Air Force friends we haven't seen in 17 yrars.  Today's youngest daughter's 17th anniversary and they came to her wedding. watching boys tonight so they can go out.  

Is everyone else as ready for this retreat as me.  Next week should be interesting, Mon have to talk with one employee who's not doing what she should and interviewing 3 for a vacant position.  Leaving at 1:00 on Fri.  DH has to return rental car on Fri,  he had an accident and did little over $11K damage to his SUV.  figure why pay rental and leave it sitting in the garage. Going to pack my sewing machine and accessories on Mon nite.  Gosh, I need to make a list.  Thanks to Roxana posting the list, I had forgotten about the bed risers.

Debbie (dear1953)  

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,541
Points 46,765
Debbie-do replied on Fri, Feb 14 2014 3:00 PM
I have another big mat I'll bring

Southwest of San Antonio

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,027
Points 13,055

Well it seems I can get into groups but not my home. I still don't know if Nana got my message regarding my room. I need two beds instead of one and I don't know if I should call or she took care of it. 

Deb, I can't wait!  I'm going to give everyone a big hug, so be prepared!

aka Grandma Sunshine

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,734
Points 30,075
Roxana replied on Fri, Feb 14 2014 9:18 PM

Maggie, we have all had trouble with QCA this week. I sent your message to Nana's email. Do you know her on Facebook? I can send a message that way too... Can't wait to meet everyone.

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 655
Points 16,585

Debbie (the Oklahoma one) -- I'll be travelling through OK on my way and can't find information on the amount of tolls I'll need to pay.  Do you have any idea?  I know I need to have cash, so want to be prepared.  Thanks!

And if one of the people bringing the Accu-cutter has a charm sized template (either 5 or 5-1/2"), I would love to bring my larger scraps and use it.  Thanks!

Brigit-Carol

• Post Points: 65
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,445
Points 24,075
Debbie replied on Sat, Feb 15 2014 7:39 AM

Brigit-Carol:
Debbie (the Oklahoma one) -- I'll be travelling through OK on my way and can't find information on the amount of tolls I'll need to pay.  Do you have any idea?  I know I need to have cash, so want to be prepared.  Thanks!

I think last time we did it was just over $8, there's tollway between north OKC and Tulsa and then north Tulsa and MO.  I'm thinking it is close to $8 all together, but that was last year so could be more now.  most of the time there is a toll gate attendant so you can use large bills (5, 10, etc) and not have to worry about small coin cash. you get a ticket when you get on outside OKC and then pay before getting off in Tulsa.  

I found this link that should help    https://www.pikepass.com/toll/TollCalculator.aspx   but here's what it shows:  

Search Results
TurnpikeEntryExit
Turner Oklahoma City Tulsa
Vehicle ClassPIKEPASS RateCash Rate
Class 2

$3.90                                 $4.00

Search Results
TurnpikeEntryExit
Will Rogers Tulsa State Line
Class 2 $3.90

$4.00

Hope that helps, see you in Branson...

Debbie (dear1953)  

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,445
Points 24,075
Debbie replied on Sat, Feb 15 2014 7:40 AM

Brigit-Carol:

I think last time we did it was just over $8, there's tollway between north OKC and Tulsa and then north Tulsa and MO.  I'm thinking it is close to $8 all together, but that was last year so could be more now.  most of the time there is a toll gate attendant so you can use large bills (5, 10, etc) and not have to worry about small coin cash. you get a ticket when you get on outside OKC and then pay before getting off in Tulsa.  

I found this link that should help    https://www.pikepass.com/toll/TollCalculator.aspx   but here's what it shows:  

Search Results
TurnpikeEntryExit
Turner Oklahoma City Tulsa
Class 2

$3.90                                 $4.00

Search Results
TurnpikeEntryExit
Will Rogers Tulsa State Line
Class 2 $3.90

$4.00

Hope that helps, see you in Branson...

Debbie (dear1953)  

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 655
Points 16,585

Thanks, Debbie.  Since there is also a toll between Lawton and OKC, I might be better off just getting a PikePass.  If it works like the TexTag, I won't have to stop to pay tolls. 

I also wanted to mention to Debbie-do that I'd like to go to the Wire Factory, but will follow you in my truck as I'm not interested in going to the quilt shops, except the one in Branson.  I don't need to be tempted to spend more money!  If anyone else wants to do a minimalistic trip, you are welcome to ride with me. 

Brigit-Carol

Page 37 of 44 (659 items) «Prev3536373839Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use