BIG RETREAT BRANSON MISSOURI FEB. 23rd. THRU MARCH 1st ,2014: Hostess Barbara and the Stone Castle Hotel

rated by 0 users
This post has 658 Replies | 32 Followers

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Fri, Feb 7 2014 4:49 PM

Michelle:
do you know if the hotel has washer/dryer?

Michelle, did you see pictures of the retreat last year?   One picture was of a pair of panties lying on the hallway floor - embarrassing for the owner of said panties who quickly posted that it was her DH's fault - she had sent him to do the laundry.  That's my long way of answering your question - Yes, there is a paid laundry facility within the complex.  Be careful who you send to do your wash!  LOL

Mary T:
I'm bringing lots of projects with me, I usually get a lot done @ retreats.

Argghh, the pressure!  

Deep breath...calm down.... Mary, I'm bringing only 3 projects and I'll feel lucky to finish one!  I am not going to rush to keep up with the over-achievers this time!  Maybe I'll have fewer mistakes for a change.  LOL

But yes, I am getting very excited!  Last night I dreamed we were all arriving and rolling our stuff into the sewing room.

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

• Post Points: 35
Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,032
Points 19,820

Maggie - don't feel bad about DH.  Mine backed out a month ago :(

• Post Points: 5
Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,032
Points 19,820

Mary T - I am so ready. Just got my "gift together today.  I have two big projects and some small ones I'm bringing. Now just trying to decide when to leave in order to do the drive by myself.

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,032
Points 19,820

Nancy - have not been dreaming literally but each day I stop and think how much longer.  So ready for this.

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,592
Points 26,760
Debbie replied on Sun, Feb 9 2014 9:49 PM

I am getting excited, too.  Really need it after the last five weeks at work.  I'm bringing 5 tops to quilt and the fall HSTs to put together.  

also, excited in that we're meeting up with DH's cousin and his wife for dinner one nite so that should be exciting.  they'll be down at the Suites at the Falls and we haven't seen them in about 10 years or more.  

"I'm just a poor soul who's intentions are good.   Oh, Lord, Please don't let me be misunderstood."

Debbie (dear1953)  

• Post Points: 20
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,527
Points 31,070
Diana replied on Mon, Feb 10 2014 7:08 AM

Want to ask a quick question.  I have a GO cutter and several dies.  Would anyone like to try it out?  Should I bring it along?  I'm driving hubby's van and have plenty of room. . 

Diana in East TN

• Post Points: 20
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,617
Points 48,355
Debbie-do replied on Mon, Feb 10 2014 7:27 AM

Diana:

Want to ask a quick question.  I have a GO cutter and several dies.  Would anyone like to try it out?  Should I bring it along?  I'm driving hubby's van and have plenty of room. . 

Diana in East TN

Yes please.  :)

Southwest of San Antonio

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,617
Points 48,355
Debbie-do replied on Mon, Feb 10 2014 7:39 AM

The other day I discovered that Ackfield Wire is located about 30 minutes from Branson in Reeds Spring.  I emailed them to find out if they were a brick and mortar store and received this response,

Good Morning,

We do not have a store front.  We are a manufacturing plant but we would love to have you visit.  Please let me know when you will be arriving and the name of the Retreat..

Have a Great Day,

Marie Woodruff

Ackfeld Mfg.

Would anyone be interested?  Has a specific day been planned yet to shop hop up there?  I'll take a head count and let her know!

http://ackfeldwire.com/

Southwest of San Antonio

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,617
Points 48,355
Debbie-do replied on Mon, Feb 10 2014 10:28 AM

If you can't post a response you can email me at debbiequilts@sbcglobal.net

Southwest of San Antonio

• Post Points: 50
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,527
Points 31,070
Diana replied on Mon, Feb 10 2014 12:12 PM

Debbie-do,  I just checked out the place and I would love to go.  Sounds great and some things I would love to purchase.  Thanks for the use.

Diana in East TN

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,527
Points 31,070
Diana replied on Mon, Feb 10 2014 12:13 PM

Debbie-do,  I just checked out the place and I would love to go.  Sounds great and some things I would love to purchase.  Thanks for the idea.

Diana in East TN

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Mon, Feb 10 2014 10:22 PM

Count me in!

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,617
Points 48,355
Debbie-do replied on Mon, Feb 10 2014 10:27 PM

Debbie-do:

The other day I discovered that Ackfield Wire is located about 30 minutes from Branson in Reeds Spring.  I emailed them to find out if they were a brick and mortar store and received this response,

Good Morning,

We do not have a store front.  We are a manufacturing plant but we would love to have you visit.  Please let me know when you will be arriving and the name of the Retreat..

Have a Great Day,

Marie Woodruff

Ackfeld Mfg.

Would anyone be interested?  Has a specific day been planned yet to shop hop up there?  I'll take a head count and let her know!

http://ackfeldwire.com/

they told me this afternoon that they will give us a tour of the facility and we can make purchases there. We can also place orders if something is not in stock. If you can read this but cannot get in to respond please email me if you're interested in going. Debbiequilts@sbcglobal.net

I also need to let them know what day we will be coming either Tuesday or Wednesday. What do you think? 

Southwest of San Antonio

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,040
Points 13,220

Michelle:

Maggie, I'm excited to meet my SS pal! 

Nana, do you know if the hotel has washer/dryer? I don't want to pack too any clothes. Would rather wash them and have room for projects and all these quilt shops we are going to. 

Ditto---almost time!!!

aka Grandma Sunshine

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,040
Points 13,220

Debbie Do, I believe Sharon and I will be interested. The day is open. Thanks!

aka Grandma Sunshine

Page 35 of 44 (659 items) «Prev3334353637Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use