BIG RETREAT BRANSON MISSOURI FEB. 23rd. THRU MARCH 1st ,2014: Hostess Barbara and the Stone Castle Hotel

rated by 0 users
This post has 658 Replies | 32 Followers

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,780
Points 30,890
Roxana replied on Sun, Feb 2 2014 10:57 PM

Thanks, Elaine, for the update on Barbara. We all miss her too!

• Post Points: 5
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,548
Points 46,935

Nana:

Debbie

You may want to call enroute if you think you are going to make it on Saturday.   But I bet that a room will be available.

Are the rooms assigned by number, by name or is it first come, first served ?  Don't want to end up in the wrong part of the hotel if we get there early!  :)

Southwest of San Antonio

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,480
Points 24,685
Debbie replied on Mon, Feb 3 2014 7:46 PM

MNnancy:
I want to remind everyone that there's no need to stress over individual gifts.  Plan, cut, and pack your own quilting projects, cut and tie your poker strips, make or buy one nice exchange gift, and get plenty of rest before the fun begins.

Is the nice exchange gift wrapped or just as it is?  

"I'm just a poor soul who's intentions are good.   Oh, Lord, Please don't let me be misunderstood."

Debbie (dear1953)  

• Post Points: 20
Not Ranked
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Mon, Feb 3 2014 8:41 PM

If I'm remembering correctly, they are wrapped.  I think names were drawn for the order to go up and claim a gift, and we weren't to know what we were selecting.  Is that how the others remember it?

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Mon, Feb 3 2014 8:56 PM

Terri and I put our travel itinerary together today.  We're leaving home Saturday morning and will stop at 4 quilt shops on our way to Osceola, IA, for the first overnight. (Calico Hutch in Hayward, MN / Country Threads in Garner, IA / Quilting Connection in Ames, IA / Quilter's Cupboard in Ankeny, IA)  Sunday there aren't many quilt shops open except Quilt Sampler in Springfield, MO, and we should get to Branson at about 2:30 pm.  Returning home the next Saturday, I'm delighted that we'll be going to Missouri Star Quilt Co. in Hamilton, MO.

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 11,653
Points 136,022

Nancy, that's how I remember it

[Ava, Missouri

• Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,397
Points 415,529
gini replied on Wed, Feb 5 2014 3:13 AM

Our rooms should  all be on the same floor as the sewing room

gini in north idaho

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,397
Points 415,529
gini replied on Wed, Feb 5 2014 3:13 AM

Our rooms should  all be on the same floor as the sewing room

gini in north idaho

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,397
Points 415,529
gini replied on Wed, Feb 5 2014 3:18 AM

When I am typing more than one post, I get a duplicate post message, when I am not trying I get duplicates with no message.  Just now I got a post pending, then it told me it  was duplicate post,  the posts aren't remotely similar.  This site is really messed up.  I can get on this group, but I can't access the appliqué group .   Grrrr

gini in north idaho

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 132
Points 1,755
SoBuzy replied on Thu, Feb 6 2014 1:34 AM

Sounds as if everyone is getting their ducks in a row! I still haven't decided what I'm bringing to work on.  My cousin, Dotty, will be meeting me in Springfield on Tuesday.  I have a guild meeting at 10 am.  Glad to hear an update on Barbara!  Looking forward to seeing everyone!

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 132
Points 1,755
SoBuzy replied on Thu, Feb 6 2014 1:35 AM

Tuesday, the week of the retreat!

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 1,029
Points 13,065

I've been having tons of trouble getting on the site. Roger backed out so my quilt friend Sharon is coming with me. I need to change my room to two beds. Should I call tge hotel directly?

aka Grandma Sunshine

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 1,029
Points 13,065

There will be at least 23 quilters since I'm bringing my friend instead of DH (grrrr). He's not on my "favorites" list right now because he cancelled on me but I will probably have more fun with Sharon as a roommate. Hahaha!

aka Grandma Sunshine

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 36
Points 695
Mary T replied on Fri, Feb 7 2014 2:25 PM

Are you guys READY????   I'm so excited.  I'm bringing lots of projects with me, I usually get a lot done @ retreats.  

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 665
Points 12,705

Maggie, I'm excited to meet my SS pal! 

Nana, do you know if the hotel has washer/dryer? I don't want to pack too any clothes. Would rather wash them and have room for projects and all these quilt shops we are going to. 

Michelle B
Enjoy family, friends and hobbies

Page 34 of 44 (659 items) «Prev3233343536Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use