BIG RETREAT BRANSON MISSOURI FEB. 23rd. THRU MARCH 1st ,2014: Hostess Barbara and the Stone Castle Hotel

rated by 0 users
This post has 658 Replies | 32 Followers

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,035
Points 13,170

Don't forget the free wine sampling. LOL

aka Grandma Sunshine

• Post Points: 5
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,580
Points 26,455
Debbie replied on Thu, Jan 30 2014 10:16 PM

MNnancy:
After you've been to a few of these retreats, it gets harder to come up with a unique idea for individual gifts, and it's difficult for some to have enough time to get 20+ gifts made.

MNnancy - I think I found a very unique gift ad I have half of them done so will continue, I'm actually having alot of fun making these.  I just hope you all will love them too.  they are a great way to use up scraps but are so cute.  

"I'm just a poor soul who's intentions are good.   Oh, Lord, Please don't let me be misunderstood."

Debbie (dear1953)  

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,580
Points 26,455
Debbie replied on Thu, Jan 30 2014 10:19 PM

Debbie-do:

Any thoughts about going to a show or 2??

http://www.bransonshows.com/bransonShows.cfm

We're in...

"I'm just a poor soul who's intentions are good.   Oh, Lord, Please don't let me be misunderstood."

Debbie (dear1953)  

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,580
Points 26,455
Debbie replied on Thu, Jan 30 2014 10:42 PM

Maggie aka Grandma Sunshine:
Men:  do any of the hubbys have plans for activities. Roger was asking. He's a little skeptical about quilt retreats. I told him he would surely find at least one of the hubbys to pal around with while we sew.  He likes to be on the go all the time. 

well, my Mike would like to go out and see stuff, hasn't made any plans so he's up for just about anything.  

Debbie (dear1953)  

• Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 11,656
Points 136,082
Leslie replied on Fri, Jan 31 2014 5:25 AM

I have been to the museum, many times always fun,  Hate Bass Pro, I just cringe anytime I have to go  lol

[Ava, Missouri

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,473
Points 24,140

Nana:

I am so ready for this retreat.   It seems like a lifetime since I have seen some of you.   Can hardly wait.

. Nana, I miss you, and Gini, and Nancy, and Diana, and the Oklahoma girls. And, oh my gosh! I've forgotten who all is coming. Oh, Ruth and Leslie, and Darlene, and Beth. who else am I missing. I'm looking forward to seeing everyone. And meeting new friends. Can't wait. 

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 719
Points 18,100

Just a quick question.  If I read the list right a few pages back, there are 22 quilters? 

Also, is it OK to bring things for meals that need to be microwaved?  I have some shelf stable meals I like and thought I'd bring 4 or 5 to have for lunch or dinner.  Or do we all go in together and order the meals?  I'm gathering from the hotel description it doesn't have a restaurant. 

Brigit-Carol

• Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,461
Points 416,734
gini replied on Sat, Feb 1 2014 10:21 PM

Brigit-carol, the hotel serves  breakfast as part of the package.  I don't remember if there's a microwave, yes, there's a microwave.  there is  kitchen attached to the room we will be sewing in.   we can use the frig there, and the micro,   we just can't use any of the supplies.  coffee will be provided.

gini in north idaho

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,461
Points 416,734
gini replied on Sat, Feb 1 2014 10:21 PM

Brigit-carol, the hotel serves  breakfast as part of the package.  I don't remember if there's a microwave, yes, there's a microwave.  there is  kitchen attached to the room we will be sewing in.   we can use the frig there, and the micro,   we just can't use any of the supplies.  coffee will be provided.

gini in north idaho

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,461
Points 416,734
gini replied on Sat, Feb 1 2014 10:28 PM

last year some folks brought some food, some bought food to share. some people, went together and bought food. several folks went out for a few meals, some none.  it is pretty spur of the moment how we go about eating.  nana wants to go back to the thai restaurant one night.   there is a wonderful indian restaurant close to the hotel.  there is most any kind of restaurant you want to go to.   the market close to the hotel has just reopened and has a great salad bar. if you bring food for yourself make sure you label it.    there is always a lot of grazing going on, not all of it healthy. 

gini in north idaho

• Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Sun, Feb 2 2014 4:12 PM

What???  Cheez-its and peanut M&Ms aren't healthy???

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Sun, Feb 2 2014 4:15 PM

Elaine Phillips:
Nana, I miss you, and Gini, and Nancy, and Diana, and the Oklahoma girls. And, oh my gosh! I've forgotten who all is coming. Oh, Ruth and Leslie, and Darlene, and Beth. who else am I missing. I'm looking forward to seeing everyone. And meeting new friends. Can't wait. 

You're getting me really excited, Elaine!  

I am SO ready for a break from Minnesota winter, and I'm praying for at least 50 degrees with sunshine in Branson.

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 719
Points 18,100

Thanks, Gini.  I just wanted to make sure I wouldn't offend anyone by bringing some of my own food (accidentally did that on the last retreat I attended, and I'm trying not to make the same mistakes).  I'm also planning on bringing lots of snacks to share, Including chocolate, so they'll be plenty for everyone. 

Brigit-Carol

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,473
Points 24,140

Brigitte-Carol, you won't offend any of us if you bring your own food. We are an easy bunch at this retreat. Can't wait to meet you.

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,473
Points 24,140

I talked to Barbara Rickman last night and she seems to be doing well. She is still in rehab for her stroke. Has 8 more sessions to go. Still having some problems with thought processes, but is improving. She wanted me to tell you all that she misses everyone and is hoping to be able to come to retreat next year. She hasn't been able to quilt much and is looking forward to getting back to that as soon as she can. She sends her love to everyondE.

Page 33 of 44 (659 items) «Prev3132333435Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use