BIG RETREAT BRANSON MISSOURI FEB. 23rd. THRU MARCH 1st ,2014: Hostess Barbara and the Stone Castle Hotel

rated by 0 users
This post has 658 Replies | 32 Followers

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,797
MNnancy replied on Wed, Dec 11 2013 7:43 AM

Roxana:
And you only need THREE charm squares?

Three charm squares per game.  I think we played 3 games/rounds with the big group last year.  If we break into smaller groups, the game would go faster and you could get more rounds in.  We only played two rounds in Oregon and the stakes were higher - fat quarters!  I was sure happy to gain my first win that time!

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

• Post Points: 20
Not Ranked
Female
Posts 36
Points 695
Mary T replied on Wed, Dec 11 2013 8:53 AM

Wow, this is better - I've only played with fat quarters and we only play once or twice.  This sounds more reasonable, and allows for more winners.    I'm excited about the poker too - fun things for the evenings! 

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 35
Points 745
Sew cat replied on Thu, Dec 12 2013 1:42 PM

I'm going out on a limb here, but does anyone know how to use a baby lock serger? I bought one 6 hours away from me at a retreat last Spring not thinking about if I need help with it. I can't figure out how to use it. :( if someone coming to retreat knows, I could bring mine and maybe get a quick lesson. ? Sigh. Somewhat embarrassing.  Do needy too. :( thanks carol  

• Post Points: 35
Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 650
Points 12,285
Michelle replied on Thu, Dec 12 2013 1:51 PM

Carol, I have a baby lock serger. I can help at the retreat. I do the basics 3 or 4 thread stitching with it. I've taken a class to do other things with it but I really like ur for the basics. Do u have your instruction book and quick reference guide? I do use them a lot if it's been a while since I've threaded it or have any problems. If you do, bring those & we can highlight the imp points. 

Michelle B
Enjoy family, friends and hobbies

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 35
Points 745
Sew cat replied on Thu, Dec 12 2013 1:55 PM

Your an Angel!!!! I have big instruction booklet with pictures! I just want to do simple basics. I'm still paying on it ! Thank you thank you. Really. :) carol 

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 650
Points 12,285
Michelle replied on Thu, Dec 12 2013 4:40 PM

Carol, I will bring my instructions also and a few of the things we did in class. It will be fun!

Michelle B

• Post Points: 5
Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 650
Points 12,285
Michelle replied on Fri, Dec 13 2013 8:29 PM

MNnancy:
Oh no, our Texas quilter had to drive in the snow!  That couldn't have been fun!  What were you teaching, Michelle?
teac

MNnancy,  I teach heart assist devices to ICU nurses.  I do this per diem, so I go teach when there isn't a clinical for that area of the country or someone can't teach a scheduled class. Since I don't work full time, I get alot of the classes offered to me.  I also don't mind traveling anywhere, as it allows me to try out new quilt stores!!

Michelle B

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 35
Points 745
Sew cat replied on Sat, Dec 14 2013 3:14 PM

Here's an off the wall suggestion. Just a suggestion .. One night maybe we could have a dirty Santa ornament exchange!  Whomever wanted to join in can pick up an after Christmas sale ornament and wrap them and just have a little tea, crackers and exchange. We'll have a new ornament for next year. Yes, no. ? Just a thought. We have 6 nights to play. Carol. 

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,470
Points 24,110

What do you mean by "dirty Santa"?

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 35
Points 745
Sew cat replied on Sat, Dec 14 2013 9:49 PM

Dirty Santa can be done with gifts or ornaments.  Everyone gets folded papers with numbers. # 1 picks a gift / wrapped ornament. # 2 can take #1 's gift/ ornament or pick a wrapped one. #3 can pick from #1 or 2 or pick a new one. When everyone has a gift, lucky number 1 gets to keep the one she has or take any of the gals gift. Only rule is each gift can only be traded 3 times. Then it can't get taken anymore. It can be a lot of fun. 

Just a suggestion. :) 

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,676
Points 28,960
Roxana replied on Sun, Dec 15 2013 8:13 AM

RE: Dirty Santa Ornament Exchange

Could it be a handmade ornament?

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 35
Points 745
Sew cat replied on Sun, Dec 15 2013 9:42 AM

Oh yes, handmade, a nice one off our own trees, a sale one, anything. :) my daughter just went to one from work, she enjoyed it. 

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 788
Points 12,685
Quiltless replied on Thu, Dec 19 2013 6:16 PM

Carol:

I'm going out on a limb here, but does anyone know how to use a baby lock serger? I bought one 6 hours away from me at a retreat last Spring not thinking about if I need help with it. I can't figure out how to use it. :( if someone coming to retreat knows, I could bring mine and maybe get a quick lesson. ? Sigh. Somewhat embarrassing.  Do needy too. :( thanks carol  

Which Baby Lock serger did you buy, Carol?  Congrats.  I love mine.

I'm not going to the Branson retreat, Carol, but I have two Baby Lock sergers; an Evolve and an Evolution.  There are Baby Lock instructional DVDs out there depending on what you have.  There is also a huge amount of information and help at the Yahoo Group "BabyLockSergers"  Just search for "Baby Lock Sergers" and you will find it.  Hope to see you there soon.

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 283
Points 4,415

I need to pull out. I am going to go to Seattle to check on my folks. Mom has Parkinson's and they are both fretting about it. We made some adjustments for their comfort to their townhome. It is paid for so it would be best if they could stay there. So I need to check out their driving skills and see if we can find a Meals on Wheels option for them. Dad is already against the idea cause he doesn't eat red meat and is lactic intolerant. GRRRRRRRRRRR. Anyway, I know you will understand since most of us have aging parents.

I will miss you all so much. Happy New Year. Take care.

MN Deb

• Post Points: 65
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,383
Points 115,335

Deb, I am so sorry to hear that. Give Bertie my best and your dad a hug. I took care of my folks. When dad died my mom moved in with me. It's not easy especially, in your case, when you're so far away. Since I'm now the aging parent I'm sure my kids will someday be in your place. 

If possible I'd love to get together with you while you're out here but I know you will probably be swamped. Even so, if you find yourself needing a few hours away let me know. 

Lots of love to you.

In the beautiful Pacific Northwest!

Page 21 of 44 (659 items) «Prev1920212223Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use