BIG RETREAT BRANSON MISSOURI FEB. 23rd. THRU MARCH 1st ,2014: Hostess Barbara and the Stone Castle Hotel

rated by 0 users
This post has 658 Replies | 32 Followers

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 671
Points 12,795

I'm bringing at least 1 featherweight, maybe 2-3 but my husband does all my maintence on mine. He refurbishes and paints them so I'm pretty spoiled by all the attention. It keeps him busy in his retirement and he likes going to quilt shops with me when we are traveling in the RV. 

Can't wait til this retreat! 

Michelle B
Enjoy family, friends and hobbies

• Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,720
Points 436,870
Nana replied on Sat, Sep 7 2013 7:52 AM

Sobuzy

You did send me a check but it was $50 not $100.   It isn't a problem coming early.   I have been told by Stone Castle that the extra night is about $60.    I am so excited to see all of you again.   I think you are a little confused as to who you are sending the money....LOL>    Everybody calls me Nana but my name is actually Nancy.    So on the address it says Nancy Boone instead of Nana.

Vinton, Virginia

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 38
Points 835

I would love to have a maintenance class on the featherweight  and will definitely sign up for that if she comes and the quilt class on the featherweight would be nice too.  I am a newbie so that is why I would like that.  I know most of you that will be there are awesome quilters and I hope to learn something from you all!   So looking forward to this retreat!

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Sat, Sep 7 2013 8:40 PM

SoBuzy:
Nana, I'm just reading the posts and am at this point in reading.....I am sure I mailed the $100 to Nancy in August....Nancy, is anyone coming up with a new little project like you had last year??

Ruth Ann, I'm a little confused as to whom you sent the money to.  I hope you meant Nana, aka Nancy Boone.  I know I didn't get a check from you.

I agree, we should come up with another fun little group project.  After the Oregon retreat, I'll put my thinking cap on.

- - - - -

Edit:  I see Nana addressed this and did get your check.

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,720
Points 436,870
Nana replied on Wed, Sep 11 2013 11:12 PM

Nana:

Nana:

Nana:

1. Barbara Rickman
  2. Elaine Phillips
  3. Roxana Whitner    Dep received
  4. Debbie Bacon
  5. Michelle Barkley
  6. Beth and Bill Weigt
  7. Nancy Boone     Dep received
  8. Leslie Irby
  9. Debbie and Mike Robertus
  10. Diana Binkowski   PIF
  11. Nancy Evans
  12. Gini and Sam Howard   PIF
  13. Liz McCamey
  14. Gretchen Haltom and Ronnie
  15. Darlene +one
  16. Debbie  MN   Dep received
  17. Terri
  18. Mary T
  19. Fay Rhoades
  20. Mary Graves    Dep received
  21. Debbie and John Harper     $50 dep received
  22. RuthAnn +one   $50 deposit received
  23. Melody P
  24.  Rhonda Mullins  
  25. Lena Carroll  (Gretchen's friend)

Waiting List

1. Maggie and DH 

Just an FYI.....for those bringing husbands or significant others the deposit is $100 to cover both spots taken.

Vinton, Virginia

• Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Thu, Sep 12 2013 5:36 AM

Nana, please remind me...  When do you need deposit and PIF?

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,720
Points 436,870
Nana replied on Thu, Sep 12 2013 1:35 PM

Nancy

I need the deposit by Dec 1st.    I need the total payment by Jan 23rd.....one month in advance of the retreat.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,720
Points 436,870
Nana replied on Thu, Sep 12 2013 1:37 PM

Just reminders for everyone.....

Deposit of $50 for single or $100 for a couple needs to be received by December 1st.

Paid in full needs to be received by January 23rd.    30 days in advance of the retreat.

Thanks to each of you for doing this.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,829
Points 31,795
Roxana replied on Thu, Sep 12 2013 1:59 PM

Nana:

Paid in full needs to be received by January 23rd.    30 days in advance of the retreat.

And PIF is $200 - DEP if sharing a room? If something happens between now and then (I have a 92 year-old-mother) and for example, I paid in full but couldn't go, would I get back the $150 ($200- non-refundable deposit). Thanks,

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,720
Points 436,870
Nana replied on Thu, Sep 12 2013 7:20 PM

Roxana

If you pay in full now and then aren't able to come you would get $150 back.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,829
Points 31,795
Roxana replied on Thu, Sep 12 2013 7:37 PM

Thank you.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,720
Points 436,870
Nana replied on Sun, Sep 15 2013 8:54 PM

We have filled out last spot.   Anyone that is interested in going can be added to the waiting list.   We usually have a couple of spots open up before the retreat.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,720
Points 436,870
Nana replied on Sun, Sep 15 2013 10:43 PM

Nana:

Roxana

Ok I don't usually quote myself but here goes.   I have found out that all payments made are nonrefundable.   The $50/person deposit is nonrefundable and if you decide to pay the total amount for your spot before the end of January that too is nonrefundable.   The only way to get your money back is to find someone to take your place.   I am sorry that this is necessary but we have to pay for the spaces and once committed we can not get our money back for the hotel.   They are a business and have to make something off of the rooms promised to us.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,829
Points 31,795
Roxana replied on Sun, Sep 15 2013 11:35 PM

Nana:

Nana:

Roxana

Ok I don't usually quote myself but here goes.   I have found out that all payments made are nonrefundable.   The $50/person deposit is nonrefundable and if you decide to pay the total amount for your spot before the end of January that too is nonrefundable.   The only way to get your money back is to find someone to take your place.   I am sorry that this is necessary but we have to pay for the spaces and once committed we can not get our money back for the hotel.   They are a business and have to make something off of the rooms promised to us.

Thanks, Nana, for the clarification. It makes sense to me!

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,031
Points 13,120

Nana:

We have filled out last spot.   Anyone that is interested in going can be added to the waiting list.   We usually have a couple of spots open up before the retreat.

Nana, it took me too long to decide so I guess I'm stuck on the waiting list. I want DH to come too. I think he would really enjoy himself. So if a spot for a couple opens up, please let me know!

aka Grandma Sunshine

Page 13 of 44 (659 items) «Prev1112131415Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use