Smoky Mountain Mamas Retreat

rated by 0 users
This post has 340 Replies | 32 Followers

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 981
Points 24,590

Don't worry, Andrea. I don't expect Sissy to last much longer. She is fading fast. Thank you all for making the retreat such a fun time for her.

• Post Points: 50
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,574
Points 177,993
Marie replied on Sun, Jul 7 2013 11:40 AM

Mary, my thoughts and prayers are with you.  God Bless you.  (((((HUGS)))))

Millbury, MA

• Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,729
Points 437,100
Nana replied on Sun, Jul 7 2013 3:00 PM

Mary

I know where you are with medical bills.   Lewis and I owe thousands of dollars in hospital bills as well.   Oh well I guess I will just be in debt for the rest of my life.   As long as you pay them something even $20 a month they have to accept it and work with you.   I will have you and Phil in my thoughts and prayers.   It hurts my heart to hear that Sissy is failing.   She is so sweet.   I loved having her with us at retreat.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,849
Points 85,825
Sukochi replied on Sun, Jul 7 2013 3:13 PM

Mary:

Don't worry, Andrea. I don't expect Sissy to last much longer. She is fading fast. Thank you all for making the retreat such a fun time for her.

Mary, this just breaks my heart. She is such a darling little Mary shadow. But, that said, you knew this could happen anytime when you got her. Sad thing is we give all our hearts to these little fur babies. How can you not? We will all be right there with you crying, when her time to cross the Rainbow Bridge comes. Oh, pooh, before that as I am crying already. Shoot! But, I have the fondest memories of her chasing after you. It is just that you don't need this right now. Prayers going up.

Sukochi

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,849
Points 85,825
Sukochi replied on Sun, Jul 7 2013 3:22 PM

Andrea, I loved my first retreat. Hope there will be more to come (after THIS one is paid for).  It was so great to put faces with the names.

Mary sure puts on a great party. ne would think we just show up and sew. But, there are so many things tog et in line to make it possible for us t just "show up and sew". Mary YOU are the bomb.

Diana Jim asked hat kind of torture you had to go through for me to get 6 yards of fabric!! Well, I told him that you did that over and over. You are simply the go to girl of fabric. Have you even dented that amazing mass of fabric you call a house?

To you all, this is the best  time of my life. And, I thank each of yu from the bottom of my heart.

Sukochi

• Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,729
Points 437,100
Nana replied on Mon, Jul 8 2013 12:59 AM

Sukochi

It was really nice to finally get to spend some time with you.  Hope you have lots of fun with your new fabrics.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,849
Points 85,825
Sukochi replied on Mon, Jul 8 2013 9:09 AM

Nana:

Sukochi

It was really nice to finally get to spend some time with you.  Hope you have lots of fun with your new fabrics.

Nana, right back at 'cha! I hope you don't mind but I told Jim how fast you get that fabric through the machine. We call you the WONDER WOMAN in our house. I would love to be you when I grow up. If I ever do!!

Sukochi

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 981
Points 24,590

We took Sissy to the vet today. She had multiple problems and her little body was shutting down. She is now at Rainbow Bridge with Annabelle and all our other fur babies from the past. I gave her messages for them all. I also thanked her for rescuing me. I'm okay. The decision was made when the doc said it would be like a 95 year old woman. At that age, I certainly would not want a lot of procedures to keep me alive. I was with her until the end and, while sad, it was expected and not the shock to my heart that Annabelle was.

I want to thank you all for making Sissy's week at the retreat such a joy for her. I want to especially thank Kathy for allowing Sissy to sleep with us. It was funny...we both would reach over to rub her tummy during the night, often at the same time. We ended up petting one another sometimes. Also, thanks to Nana who, if she had her way, would not have allowed Sissy's feet to touch the ground. And thanks to Sara for allowing Sissy to come. I know the Lodge has a no pets rule but, because of Sissy's health challenges, she allowed her to come. In fact, when I called to ask about it, all I had to say was "Sissy..." and she said "Bring her". 

Again, thank you all. Sissy is running and playing with Annabelle at Rainbow Bridge. I'll see them all before too much time passes. I know there must be pets in Heaven or it wouldn't be Heaven, now would it? 

• Post Points: 80
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,729
Points 437,100
Nana replied on Mon, Jul 8 2013 2:42 PM

Mary

I know that you made the right decision but oh my it still brings tears.  I am so glad that I had the chance to bring some joy to Sissy's final days.  Her loss will leave an empty spot in my life.   Hugs to you.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 415
Points 5,370
Kathy replied on Mon, Jul 8 2013 3:01 PM

Mary

I am so happy I was able to rub her little belly and let her cuddle up with me in bed.  She really helped me not miss my little fluff so much.  I hope you told her to say "hi" to my little Benji who went over the Rainbow last month.  I bet they are all having a jolly good time playing up there.  I know Nana and I both felt privileged to be her Foster Moms!  Bless you for giving her end of life a good one!

Kathy

Not Ranked
Posts 5
Points 50

Mary,

I am so sorry about Sissy.  You made her last weeks on earth happy.  Thank you so much for hosting the wonderful retreat and for letting me come.  I know it was so much work for you and I appreciate you so much.  

Thanks to everyone for your friendship and creative inspiration during the week!!

Susan

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,610
Points 48,335

Mary, I'm really sorry to hear about Sissy... she was as lucky to have you as you were to have her.

Southwest of San Antonio

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,030
Points 19,830

Mary - I don't have words to express my feelings at your loss-- just know that I loved how you made Sissy such a part of your life even it was only for a short time.  She will always be (to me) the mascot of the Smoky Mountain Mamas.  Love you!

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 981
Points 24,590

I so appreciate your kind words, ladies. Sissy was truly a special girl and your love and kindness to her so touched my heart. You all made her feel welcome. Nana and Kathy made her feel so special. We were both so very grateful for your love and kindness.

Some of you know about our other dog, Jaws aka Mora. She is a terrier mix we got just before Christmas. I came home to a destroyed comforter. The first night I had a new one on my bed, she ate into it while I was sleeping right beside her. We simply couldn't afford the destruction and she needed to be in a family with kids to chase after so she went back to the shelter the day after Sissy went to Rainbow Bridge. It's down to Mimi (my 7 pound poodle) and Tara, my long haired gray cat. The good thing is that Tara is now no longer living in the basement since she doesn't have Mora chasing her. She sleeps in the bed with Mimi and me.

Being down to 2 fur babies is tough but I do have them and my wonderful hubby so I'm okay.

Please keep my son's girlfriend's son in your prayers. He had a seizure and has to have an EEG tomorrow at 8 a.m. He calls Scott daddy and me Nanna. I love them both and am praying there is nothing seriously wrong with this 3 year old little boy. His name is Aidan.

Love and miss you all!

• Post Points: 50
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,586
Points 51,800
Ginny replied on Mon, Jul 15 2013 6:03 PM

Mary,  I am glad you still have 2 furbabies to keep you comfy at night.  I will say a prayer for Aiden also, let's hope the seizure was from a temperature or some such and that he will outgrow it .    Ginny

Page 19 of 23 (341 items) «Prev1718192021Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use