This post has 340 Replies | 32 Followers

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 33
Points 630
Ashley replied on Fri, Jul 5 2013 12:18 PM

Debbie-do:

ooooo... if looks could kill...

This is now the wallpaper of my computer!  Love it!

Ashley in TN

• Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,850
Points 85,825
Sukochi replied on Fri, Jul 5 2013 12:22 PM

Ashley, now there's something you want to look at every day. :(

Sukochi

• Post Points: 5
Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 415
Points 5,370
Kathy replied on Fri, Jul 5 2013 12:35 PM

Oh, Ashley, you must be really sick:)  Love you, hon!

Oh yea, thanks Debbie!  Well, most of your pics are great:)  BTW, made the sopapilla cheesecake for a potluck yesterday and it was the hit of the day...thanks!

Kathy

• Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,850
Points 85,825
Sukochi replied on Fri, Jul 5 2013 1:13 PM

KAthy, that pic of you, looking down your nose over the top of your glasses, reminds me of some bad moments with my mom, back in the day.

Sukochi

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 702
Points 13,315

Very welcome. So much fun to do this and meet so many new friends. 

Michelle B
Enjoy family, friends and hobbies

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,630
Points 48,760

Carolyn, you're welcome.  It was nice to finally be there instead of waiting for pictures to post.

Kathy, wasn't that sopapilla cheesecake so easy to make?  I'm glad you got rave reviews. I'm looking forward to bringing that green bean casserole to my next Bible study but we're on hiatus till some time in August.

Southwest of San Antonio

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 986
Points 24,705

Great pictures ladies! Thanks for all who helped make this retreat work. I really enjoyed it.

We have our home on the market (by owner) again. If it doesn't sell soon, I probably won't be around to organize this retreat next year. Our medical insurance isn't covering enough anymore and we have thousands of dollars in medical bills. I am currently using insulin that expired last year and cannot afford the meds that keep me alive without the house selling. 

I'm sure someone can organize it. Maybe Diana? I just hope I live long enough to see my grandson. Oh well...the next life HAS to be better, right? 

• Post Points: 50
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,850
Points 85,825
Sukochi replied on Sat, Jul 6 2013 7:38 PM

Hang in there, Mary, my friend. All ill work out. I know it is darkest before the dawn. I have been trapped in that darkness and it did get light again. Prays up for you and your hubs.

Sukochi

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,478
Points 41,325
Mimi replied on Sat, Jul 6 2013 8:39 PM

Mary,

I don't know what to say but I certainly will be praying that things will work out for the best for you and DH. Sukochi is right when she says that things always seen darkest before they turn around for the better.  You aren't one to give up, girl.  So I know you will be looking for anyway you can to create a positive outcome to this challenge you now face. Take this life one day at a time.  It's too much to handle otherwise.  <<<HUGS>>>

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 37
Points 765
Faith W replied on Sat, Jul 6 2013 8:42 PM

Mary, Hang in there.  I am soooo sorry that you are going through these medical issues.  Warm thoughts and prayers go to you and husband.

As many of you may or may not know, I put on my scrapbooking retreats at The Lodge.  I would be happy to step in an help with the organization or head it up if need be.  By then I hope to be a quilter too, albeit a newbie for sure.  Are y'all doing one in the Fall too?  But more importantly, Mary I hope you will be healthy enough to do it with help.  Please let me know what I can do so that this can go on.  I am so sorry that I wasn't able to be there this time, but it will definitely be on my schedule for the retreats to come!!!  I am so very inspired by all of you.

Hugs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Faith - Hendersonville, NC

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 986
Points 24,705

Don't worry about me. What will happen, will happen. I'm just glad there are gals to keep this retreat going if I'm not around. 

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 702
Points 13,315

Mary,  

Our prayers are with you.  We are hoping the medical issues will work out.  I really enjoyed meeting you and thank you for all you did for the retreat. If we can help,please let us know.  

Michelle B
Enjoy family, friends and hobbies

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,475
Points 24,120

Mary, you are in my prayers. Can you get on disability? Is there no way to get help with your meds. Prayers, my friend.

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 986
Points 24,705

Elaine Phillips:

Mary, you are in my prayers. Can you get on disability? Is there no way to get help with your meds. Prayers, my friend.

I'm on disability. I pay for Part B and have BC/BS through hubby's work. We were both well covered. The explanation from the insurance company and doctors is that due to obamacare what we must pay is much higher. With dual coverage, I haven't had any out of pocket expenses except for drugs. I switched to the mail in pharmacy to pay max $70 for 3 month refills. But I take a lot of meds. 

Phil's recent procedures resulted in thousands of dollars of bills on us. We thought we might have to pay 15% but the docs don't write off what they used to under contract with ins companies due to the changes. He won't see any more docs and I won't either. We cannot afford it. 

But maybe the house will sell. If not, I figure God doesn't want me here any longer. I'm okay either way. 

Top 200 Contributor
Posts 371
Points 6,725

Don't worry Mary, you can always move in with me but you can't bring that ugly dog!  I'll take really good care of Phil when your gone.  It's like a dream come true moving back to florida.  I think you would probably rather die!  Hang in there girl ...only the good die young.  Soooo, I made it home, took me 13 hours.  I've worked everyday since, lots of overtime, woohoo.  As usual you did a spectacular job on the retreat.  It's no wonder your sick after all the time and energy you spent on all of us, try taking care of you for a change. 

Ashley darling I miss you so, keep in touch.

Kathy I am so glad I am not the only problem child at these retreats, love you lits and be well.  Call me if you need your pajamas.

Nana, thank you so much for all your advice and guidance.  Glad your still vaping.  What about Louis?  Thank you so so much for making that quilt for Rachel, it was beautiful both in sentiment and esthetic.

Mimi, you are a constant inspiration to me, I don't know that I would still be quilting if not for you.  The gifts were wonderful, I use my mug and rug all the time.  Haven't started the heart kit that you gave (thanks for the extra fabric) but plan on starting it my next day off.  Thank Dave for the beer.

Bethypoo, thank you so so much for the beautiful bibs.  I will think of your gentle and kind nature whenever I use them.

Carolyn and Janice, thanks for rooming with me and the endless hours of side splitting laughter, yous guys are awesome.  Post some pics of the new sewing room.  Thanks for the green bean recipe (best ever!)

Diana, thank you so much for all the beautiful fabrics you donated for door prizes as well as all the help you provided Mary on this retreat. 

Susan and Sukochi I hope you both enjoyed your first retreat.

Michelle, thank you for all your reporting, sharing your beautiful quilts and thank you especially for bringing your beautiful featherweight (forgot her name).  I am sure it was  a pleasure to meet me as well.

Debbie, silent but deadly.  I love your sense of humor, thanks for sharing.

Sara, thank you so much for allowing the retreat to go on while you have been under so much stress.  I hope Rachel does well.

Sherry, I am sorry we didn't get much time to talk, I really enjoy chatting with the california girl.  Will catch up next time.

My daughter phoned yesterday and she is having a girl (Arya).  Where do these kids get these names from?  No word on the twins yet.

Andrea

Page 18 of 23 (341 items) «Prev1617181920Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use