This post has 340 Replies | 32 Followers

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 33
Points 630
Ashley replied on Mon, Jul 1 2013 6:15 PM

Kathy:

Ashley..was it the 99 cent special?:)

Mary, thanks for all you do in putting the retreat together and finding such a fabulous place to have it.  Thanks to Sara and Mike for their kindness and prayers are going out to them daily.

Mimi, are you kidding me?  I would die to quilt like you do, bargellos are just time consuming.

Nana, what would I do without you????Thanks so much for all the knowledge and advice on a vast array of subjects.  Diana and Mimi and all those who gave so generously to door prizes, Thanks again!

And have we ever had a better or more thorough reporter and photographer than Michelle?  Superb job Michelle!

so now it is back home and back to reality and back to all the chores!  Will just have to save up the laughs for next year.

Janis and Carolyn, how is the vaping going?  This is my 3rd day with no cigarette,  BUT does it seem to make you cough?

I echo Kathy on the sentiments!  Thank you, Mary (stay in touch!) and Sara.  Thanks to the donor of my White Elephant Swap and my Door Prize (I'll make a top, Nana!).  The chocolate was delicious and so is the fabric!!  I learned so much while I sat still enough to listen ;)  It was my first retreat ever and my first "social" quilting in 12 years!!!  I can't wait until next year (when I'm a charity case and am sponsored like Nascar!!)

Ashley in TN

• Post Points: 20
Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,009
Points 19,440

Had a great time at retreat.  Always good to see old friends.

Kathy sorry I didn't get to say goodbye but you really are an early riser!

Mimi - sounds like GD did a great job and I'm glad you and Dave made it home safely.

Mary thanks again for all you did to get this retreat put together.

Michelle and Debbie sorry you had to spend time in"jail" but since I just visited Hancock's of Paducah I'll probably be joining you real soon.

Nana and Dianna - I saw the wooden quilt - what an amazing work of art.

I already miss everyone and am planning on this all happening again next year.

As for peaches - with the cooler weather they were a little short on the peaches.  We were only able to purchase  5 pecks!!  Looks like a trip to St. louis to the transportation museum then another peach run later this month:)

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,702
Points 436,420
Nana replied on Mon, Jul 1 2013 8:42 PM

I made it home safely on Saturday but with the site being down I haven't had a chance to post.  I am missing everyone already.  I loved seeing all my "old" friends from last year and had a great time meeting new ones.   It seemed like I never had enough time to talk with everyone....Sukochi you are so sweet ,  Michelle and Debbie Do you are the bestest.   Susan you are just way too quiet...LOL>   I hope to see all of you again next year.

Sara and Mike know that you and Rachel are in my prayers daily.  I hope that the quilt will provide some comfort during this tough journey.

Vinton, Virginia

• Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,702
Points 436,420
Nana replied on Mon, Jul 1 2013 8:44 PM

Oh and thanks to everyone that turned me on to vaping.   I haven't had a cigarette since Wed and have no desire to have one.   Haven't been as lucky converting DH yet but maybe eventually,

Vinton, Virginia

• Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,843
Points 85,675
Sukochi replied on Mon, Jul 1 2013 8:49 PM

Nana, I am So proud of you!!!  Even though you "Amish" quilters did shock the Vaping man!!

Sukochi

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,702
Points 436,420
Nana replied on Mon, Jul 1 2013 8:53 PM

Sukochi

I am pretty proud of me too.  I honestly didn't think there was anything that would make me decide to give up cigarettes.   At least now the only thing I am inhaling is the nicotine with no tar and additives.  I honestly can see a difference in my breathing already.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 651
Points 12,305

Well Debbie-do and I made it home this evening. Spent time in Gadsden AL for an evening with a wonderful friend then drive across Mississippi and LA in one day. Debbie googling all the quilt stores but all closed on Sunday. Headed out early this am for Waco TX, more quilt shops. Debbie counted this was our 11th shop on this trip. 

Sukochi and Susan, I did stop for LUNCH! We had breakfast and lunch today. Crazy! 

Loved meeting all new friends this retreat. Thanks for inviting us Texans! Mary, thank you for your work on organizing the retreat. Sara and Mike, what wonderful hosts. And great meals! 

Diana, what a great roommate and thank you for all the wonderful door prizes from your Stash. Now I can start a stash also. I'm going to be using all the binding techniques. Beth, I loved talking with you and learning so much on all those small projects and appliqués. I'll have to post if I'm brave enough to do one also. My next trip close to Chicago I'll have to email you and let you know. May have to meet for dinner. You have such a sweet disposition, really enjoyed meeting you. 

Will post more in am but very tired and heading to bed for now. Watch for a post soon on all the pics in a scrapbook form. 

Michelle B
Enjoy family, friends and hobbies

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 72
Points 1,380

Well...Carolyn and I made it home at 10 p, sat night.  It was a long trip but you know we have to stop and WALK!!!   I 40 was closed going west so we had to detour a bit.

We had a wonderful time, so good to see old friends and to make new one.  Just a short shout out since site has been down ever since I got home.  DD and family are in for week.  Will check in later.

Janis

TN

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,391
Points 115,420

Nana:
Oh and thanks to everyone that turned me on to vaping.   I haven't had a cigarette since Wed and have no desire to have one. 

NANA!!!  I am so proud of you. You know, of course, why I feel so good about you (and anyone I care about) giving up smoking. I hope I didn't come across as badgering in Branson but hopefully you understand my frame of mind at the time.

You beautiful person you.

In the beautiful Pacific Northwest!

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,537
Points 46,655

Where do I start!?  I guess with Michelle...  what a wonderful traveling  companion you are even though you didn't stop for lunches except for today. :)  What fun we had on this journey. What a crazy cross-country shop hop we were on and going to quilt shop jail was certainly something I hadn't expected.  I'm looking forward to going to Michelle's once she's all unpacked and put away to check out just how big her stash has gotten!  I'm so proud of you, Michelle :o)

I got home about two hours ago and am about to head to bed because I have to get up in the morning and go to work.  Ugh.

It was an incredible treat to meet everyone.  This is not a trip that will be forgotten.  You all taught me something and I will treasure the friendships that were made and strengthened.

Nana, congratulations on the quitting, it's not easy.  I've done it several times!

Mary, you did a great job putting this all together... thank you!

We got to meet Nan and Maddie on the way home.  We stayed for a little bit, enjoyed some iced tea and fresh fruit and got a tour of her long arm.  She was happy to receive your bag of quilts, Beth!

Diana, you're an awesome roommate ;o)  I'm so glad we got to spend some extra time together.  Thanks so much for the grand tour of the area.

Susan and Sukochi, what a treat it was to get to see my first bear with you and have an ice cream lunch (again).

Andrea, I have no words...   You didn't fool me, I know you're a sweetheart.

Ashley, you crack me up girl!

Beth... Blessed are the peacemakers...  You are awesome .

Mimi, I think you have more quilting knowledge in your little finger than I can ever hope to have, thank you for sharing!

Kathy, Sarah, the Twins and all the rest, a week just wasn't enough time to get to know you all.  I'm really looking forward to seeing what quilting masterpieces you create next.

... and of course a big thank you to the Walls (especially for that wonderful dinner Friday night... yummy!)

Southwest of San Antonio

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,702
Points 436,420
Nana replied on Mon, Jul 1 2013 10:20 PM

Judy

You didn't badger.  You were just in a very difficult situation.  Love you and can hardly wait to see you again.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,797
MNnancy replied on Mon, Jul 1 2013 10:43 PM

Nana, congratulations on the switch to e-cigs!  I have been meeting more and more people who are having success with those.

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,468
Points 50,035
Ginny replied on Tue, Jul 2 2013 6:02 AM

MNnancy, thank you for enlightening me as to what "vaping" is.  I was lost on that one.  I wondered if it might be e-cigs, but was waiting for someone to enlighten me.  Thank you.

Yes, Nana, Congrats on being able to convert over. At least you aren't getting the tars in your lungs.  By the way, thanks for the info about the quilt panel.  I was able to go on eBay and order one.     Ginny

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,702
Points 436,420
Nana replied on Tue, Jul 2 2013 11:38 AM

Ginny

I am glad that you were able to find the panel.  I love the design and I hope you will be as happy with yours.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,221
Points 41,055
Donna B replied on Tue, Jul 2 2013 12:53 PM

Ginny:
MNnancy, thank you for enlightening me as to what "vaping" is.  I was lost on that one.  I wondered if it might be e-cigs, but was waiting for someone to enlighten me.

So for those of us in the dark on this topic, what is the difference between e-cigs and vaping?  When I googled "vaping" it just referred to e-cigs (and most of the research was not positive).

Winthrop, WA

Page 16 of 23 (341 items) «Prev1415161718Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use