rated by 0 users
This post has 340 Replies | 32 Followers

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,473
Points 47,580
Frances replied on Fri, Jun 28 2013 10:09 PM

Michelle,

You have done a fantastic job as reporter, everyones work is amazing i so wish i could have been there with you all but i am so glad you have all had such a fantastic time.

lots of love

Francesxx

• Post Points: 5
Not Ranked
Female
Posts 33
Points 630
Ashley replied on Sat, Jun 29 2013 5:59 AM

MNnancy:

Ashley, your quilting is amazing!

Thank you!  Some of it wasn't so great because I'd get tickled or distracted!

On another note, I'm so glad that Martha, Bob and Kitty made the blog!!!

Ashley in TN

• Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,057
Points 170,727
MNnancy replied on Sat, Jun 29 2013 7:50 AM

Did I miss something?  Who are Martha, Bob, and Kitty?

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 37
Points 765
Faith W replied on Sat, Jun 29 2013 7:54 AM

Ohhhhhhhhh, everyone!!!!!!!!!!  I have enjoyed looking at the pics and so wishing I was able to come!!!  Next time!!!!!!!!!!!!  I love, love, love your quilts!!  They are AH-MAZING!!!!!!!!!!

Hugs to ALL of you!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Faith - Hendersonville, NC

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 12,929
Points 233,862
Thea replied on Sat, Jun 29 2013 10:00 AM

I just finished looking at all your wonderful pictures!  It looks like a wonderful time was had by all!  I am so happy for all of you and the wonderful eye candy that I got to look at and inspire me to get a move on and get to sewing... I hope... anyway... I love all the fun it looks like all of you had!  Such great reporting!!!  All the cute little quips!  Those were awesome - even the picture of the shoes - and the scenery where you were... I am so tempted if you do this one next year to sign up!  We shall see what the new year brings!

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,407
Points 62,030
Bonita replied on Sat, Jun 29 2013 11:07 AM

I want to thank you all for sharing your retreat with us. It was almost like being there. Everyone did such a wonderful job on their projects. The reporting was so much fun to read, pictures were a pleasure to see.  

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 782
Points 12,600
Quiltless replied on Sat, Jun 29 2013 12:53 PM

It was so much fun just watching your Smoky Mountain Mamas Retreat.  Your projects were beautiful.  Thanks so much for sharing.

Safe travels.

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,486
Points 30,250
Diana replied on Sat, Jun 29 2013 12:59 PM

Hi Gang,   I made it home...well, I'm only 40 miles from the Lodge so it didn't take long.   We all had a great time and got lots accomplished.

Darlene and Elaine,  Save your postage.  Why do you think I named it "Frustration"?  It almost went into trash can more than once but I persevered and got it done.

Mary, Thanks for all your work getting the retreat together and we hope they continue.

Sara and Mike,  Thanks for the lodge and all the accommodations.   A great place for any kind of retreat. 

To all the other retreaters.  Thanks for the friendships that were made and will continue.  Thanks for all the laughs, great food and quilting ideas and hints to make our quilting easier or more precise.

Anyone who can, should make at least one retreat a year to enjoy the mutual love of quilting with others. 

Thank You to you all,

Diana in East Tn.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,821
Points 85,145
Sukochi replied on Sat, Jun 29 2013 1:50 PM

Hey, Mamas, I'm home.

What a great week. I would highly suggest that, if you have yet to attend a quilt retreat, you must. I have grown ,so much ,in the past week. As a woman, a quilter, a Christian.  It was fun, hard, and at time, hurtful. But, I came out smelling like a rose.  

Mimi, thank you so very, very much for all you taught me. I will never forget it.

Beth, Oh, my Beth, what can I say? Thanks, dear sweet lady for having my back. You are an amazing, mountain woman.

And, to the Wasabi Pea and her sidekick, Debbie-Do,  y'all are the very best there is for sure. Have a safe trip home. I loved it so much, ladies.

For all, thanks for the food, fun and many, many laughs. And, laughs, And, laughs....

Sukochi

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 615
Points 11,735
Michelle replied on Sat, Jun 29 2013 2:12 PM

We found the cutest quilt shop on the way to Gadsden Al. A Time to Sew in Collinsville. Debbie and I had a bit of trouble while there. Not sure if we bought too much fabric? Or not enough? 

All their fabric was $4-$6 / yard! 

Michelle B
Enjoy family, friends and hobbies

• Post Points: 50
Not Ranked
Female
Posts 33
Points 630
Ashley replied on Mon, Jul 1 2013 11:54 AM

I thought that all of our fun had crashed the website!!  Good to see it's working again!

I was so inspired, I had to get a purple mu-mu and I love it!!!  I wear it all the time!  

Ashley in TN

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,339
Points 38,890
Mimi replied on Mon, Jul 1 2013 12:09 PM

That's sew like you two....always up to something.....

Wanted to let everyone know we made it home safely last night (really early this AM) after enjoying some time with family in VA.  The dance recital was super.  Our DGD #1 was fantastic.  Didn't miss one step.  Miss all my friends and the laughter and the fun.  Hope to do it again next year.  Now to relax and get ready for Quilt Odyssey in Hershey at the end of July. Any one going to the Kutztown Folk Festival?

Thanks to Mary for all her hard work.  Thanks also to Sara and Mike for being great hosts. Thanks to everyone who cooked wonderful meals and thanks to all of those who helped clean up afterward. 

Andrea..we are all waiting to hear what the stork will be delivering so let us know when you know.

Darlene...we were so grateful to hear that Larry is on the mend.  Please send him our best. 

Beth & Bill...hope your trip was fun and you got lots of peaches. 

Kathy...someday you will have to teach me how you do those wonderful bargello quilts.  I don't think I have the patience.

And all of you out there that missed this retreat...please consider coming next time around. We are people with a love of quilting and being with others that feel the same way.  Our personalities are such that we might not always agree on every little thing but we do hold that love in our hearts.  And that's what makes us sisters.

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 415
Points 5,370
Kathy replied on Mon, Jul 1 2013 12:37 PM

Ashley..was it the 99 cent special?:)

Mary, thanks for all you do in putting the retreat together and finding such a fabulous place to have it.  Thanks to Sara and Mike for their kindness and prayers are going out to them daily.

Mimi, are you kidding me?  I would die to quilt like you do, bargellos are just time consuming.

Nana, what would I do without you????Thanks so much for all the knowledge and advice on a vast array of subjects.  Diana and Mimi and all those who gave so generously to door prizes, Thanks again!

And have we ever had a better or more thorough reporter and photographer than Michelle?  Superb job Michelle!

so now it is back home and back to reality and back to all the chores!  Will just have to save up the laughs for next year.

Janis and Carolyn, how is the vaping going?  This is my 3rd day with no cigarette,  BUT does it seem to make you cough?

Kathy

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,821
Points 85,145
Sukochi replied on Mon, Jul 1 2013 3:27 PM

Michelle:
Were there Wasabi Peas in that jail?

We found the cutest quilt shop on the way to Gadsden Al. A Time to Sew in Collinsville. Debbie and I had a bit of trouble while there. Not sure if we bought too much fabric? Or not enough? 

All their fabric was $4-$6 / yard! 

Sukochi

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,821
Points 85,145
Sukochi replied on Mon, Jul 1 2013 3:29 PM

Kathy, sorry we didn't get to say goodbye. it was great meeting you.

Sukochi

Page 15 of 23 (341 items) «Prev1314151617Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today Copyright ©2009-2014, Crafts Media, LLC ALL Rights Reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use