This post has 340 Replies | 32 Followers

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,849
Points 85,825
Sukochi replied on Sun, Jun 23 2013 10:04 PM

Kris:

Sukochi,

I like what you're making. Your hair looks great. So do you.

Thank you so for the sweet compliment, Kris.  I needed a table runner for the kitchen table, and when I saw this quilt pattern, I thought if I just made a few of the applique blocks and the surround, it would make a great runner. Stay tuned, the border fabric is just beautiful. ;D

I just have to say that I have truly never had so much fun in my whole life. These are the very sweetest and most knowledgable ladies I have ever had the pleasure of spending time with. I wish I could go to more retreats. This is what quilting is all about.

Oh, btw, Kris, the hair was bed head. I had taken a long, afternoon nap. Thanks for the compliment, though.  I wish there could be a retreat where every single one of us could attend. Well, I guess it would have to be held at Buckingham Palace to hold ALL of us. But, Oh, my, what fun!!

Oh, did I mention what a sweetheart Susan is? She sure is!

I bet y'all upstairs think I am sleeping AGAIN, huh?!

Sukochi

• Post Points: 20
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,508
Points 48,175
Frances replied on Sun, Jun 23 2013 10:24 PM

Sukochi,

I love your table runner its going to be great.

Im so glad youre having such a great time.

lots of love

Francesxx

• Post Points: 5
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,508
Points 48,175
Frances replied on Sun, Jun 23 2013 10:26 PM

Everyones work looks stunning, Michelle i love your purse its wonderful.

lots of love

Francesxx

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 694
Points 13,230
Michelle replied on Sun, Jun 23 2013 10:36 PM

Francesxx , thank you. This is my first attempt at a purse. Debbie-do helped thru the process. Was a bit nervous on those grommets. 

Michelle B
Enjoy family, friends and hobbies

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Mon, Jun 24 2013 3:58 AM

Y'all are just having to much fun, I'm so missing being there,  Everything looks beautiful .. Michelle you 're doing a great job as the reporter..  Have fun everyone...barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 490
Points 9,250
Darlene replied on Mon, Jun 24 2013 7:22 AM

Aren't you busy little MaMa's

The pictures and reporting are wonderful.It must be quite a feat catching both Diana and Andrea sewing.lol

I love all the projects I am seeing.Beth have you installed the energizer bunny under your chair again?

Andrea I love the rag quilt I have 4 babies due between Oct. and Nov. They look like fun.Is there a wager on wether you will finish 1 or shine your chair on the porch.Just kidding I am so missing all the fun.

Nana I like when you peer down your glasses at us it means serious business.Can't wait to see your sand dollar finished.

Mimi your rainbow quilt is beautiful.I love all the colours.

The purse is on my to do list .It turned out perfect.

To all the rest love all your projects and I can see you are having an amazing time.Enjoy

Darlene(2many horses)

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Mon, Jun 24 2013 7:48 AM

Mimi:

Michelle is getting lots of advice from Debbie about inserting grommets in her bag.

I just noticed that Michelle is sewing on her "Grape Poupon."   Can we get a closer picture of her pretty Featherweight?

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,849
Points 85,825
Sukochi replied on Mon, Jun 24 2013 7:59 AM

The Smokey Mountain Mama's are slowing arising on this beautiful day.

Kathy is carrying a butcher knife. Some one messed with her work in progress and she is one hot mama! Gremlin? Or, the word is that Nana has something to do with this. Nana? No, not sweet Nana!

Darlene, we are all thinking of you and Larry and our prayers are with you both. He will be over this and up and at 'um before long.

If Michelle every gets up she will take over the reporting job. She and Debbie tend to sleep in. 

The food just keeps on coming. And, it is fantastic. This morning we had this egg kinda cinnamon roll casserole that was to die for. Kathy, thank you very much. I want that recipe. Sukochi made homemade Toll House cookies yesterday. 5 dozen of those suckers. There remains only one on the plate this a.m. 

More madness and mayhem awaits..........

Sukochi

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,592
Points 75,980
Karla replied on Mon, Jun 24 2013 9:28 AM

Everyone's work is just wonderful...just the red,white and black quilt, and Michelle your purse is beautiful.  The grommets and scary at first, but once you get the hang of it, they're not bad at all, right?

Sukochi your table runner will be beautiful when finished.  Nana, everything you make is beautiful and love your new machine.  Diana, that MQ8 is going to be beautiful, I love purple.

• Post Points: 35
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,579
Points 23,985
Susie replied on Mon, Jun 24 2013 11:11 AM

Having just returned from my retreat, I have to say that this one looks wonderful, too!  It's so very much fun to get together with friends, laugh, sew, eat, sew, sleep, sew...I'm thinking there is a theme here somewhere, lol!

I love the projects that are going on and can't wait to see what comes next!

Chicagoland, Illinois

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 694
Points 13,230
Michelle replied on Mon, Jun 24 2013 1:34 PM

Now there's a story behind this one...but all we'll say is "what happens in the mountains, stays in the mountains. " and if one of us is missing???

Nana's TaDa! One row finished. The ladies are on a roll this am. 

Michelle B

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,508
Points 48,175
Frances replied on Mon, Jun 24 2013 1:41 PM

No, you cant do away with Nana, who would do the mystery quilts and who would be top of the list of posters, what ever she did she didnt mean to (well maybe)

Nana youre row looks wonderful great work.

lots of love

Francesxx

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 694
Points 13,230
Michelle replied on Mon, Jun 24 2013 1:49 PM

Ashley, that smiles beats all. She's got a lot of her strips done now.  That's MiMi rushing to the ironing station. 

Sukochi has one block done. Thinks she's going to take a break now for a while. 

Mary has lots of stars made, so she gets a TaDa moment!

Susan is so intent on her polka dot baby blanket, I can't get to her look up 

Michelle B

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 694
Points 13,230
Michelle replied on Mon, Jun 24 2013 2:05 PM

Frances, I think she'll make it to the end of the week. But she has to be on best behavior.  

Janis is finishing up her quilt. Quiet time last night 

Michelle B

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 694
Points 13,230
Michelle replied on Mon, Jun 24 2013 2:16 PM

Karla, have never made a purse before and the grommets are definitely scary at first. Glad I made it here with all these ladies, so much knowledge here. 

Michelle B

Page 5 of 23 (341 items) «Prev34567Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use