rated by 0 users
This post has 601 Replies | 25 Followers

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,012
Points 19,515
Beth Weigt replied on Wed, Jun 19 2013 6:47 PM | Locked

Thanks Mimi  - You got me down OK!

Last message before I shut down computer to pack.  Everyone have a safe trip and we'll see you Sat.

• Post Points: 5
Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 665
Points 12,705
Michelle replied on Wed, Jun 19 2013 8:40 PM | Locked

We'll call you when we get on the road tomorrow.  Going to try to leave about 7ish.  Heading to Little Rock by tomorrow evening. Have friends there to visit and stay the night.  Then on to Tennessee the next day.  Spending the night in Chattanooga, had a free hotel for the night.  I love those free nights! 

Michelle B
Enjoy family, friends and hobbies

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 665
Points 12,705
Michelle replied on Wed, Jun 19 2013 8:46 PM | Locked

Mimi, good for me!!

Michelle B
Enjoy family, friends and hobbies

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 33
Points 630
Ashley replied on Thu, Jun 20 2013 3:59 PM | Locked

Time is drawing near!  One more day of work for me!! 

I am bringing a large garbage bag of batting scraps if someone will take them and use them for good.

Does anybody have a sewing pattern for a vest they could bring for me to use while I'm there?  I hate to buy one for one project! 

So sorry to hear about everyone's health issues. 

Take care, y'all.  See you soon!

Ashley

• Post Points: 50
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,550
Points 46,960
Debbie-do replied on Thu, Jun 20 2013 4:11 PM | Locked

Oh Ashley I wish you had said something sooner.  Michelle and I'll I left this morning.  Joann often has smplicity patterns for 99 cents

Southwest of San Antonio

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,849
Points 85,825
Sukochi replied on Thu, Jun 20 2013 4:15 PM | Locked

Sorry, Ash, I don't have a vest pattern. Have you done a google search for a free pattern, or a tutorial ,online?

Getting excited now. REALLY excited. I was going to start packing this afternoon. But, here I sit ,with my leg up and ice on the back of my knee! Hope it is better tomorrow so I can get packed. Would hate, like the dickens, to have Jim do my packing.

Got the result of the MRI on my left knee. I have a Baker's Cyst on the underside of the knee . It is inside ,so you can't  see it. But, when the doctor was feeling around to find it, he found it alright!!  I will have to get a knee stabilizer tomorrow to wear

Still thinking about everything I am taking to be sure I have not forgotten anything. Wish I had one of those bags on wheels for my sewing machine.

I talked to Debbie-Do this morning. They were outside of Austin, TX. Will stay tonight in Little Rock then tomorrow nite in Chatt. then I will meet up with them on Sat.!!!! YAY!.

See you all soon. 

Sukochi

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 72
Points 1,380
Janis Lindsey replied on Thu, Jun 20 2013 4:32 PM | Locked

Ashley:
Does anybody have a sewing pattern for a vest they could bring for me to use while I'm there? 

Ashley, what size   I have lots of  vintage patterns so just let me know the size.

Janis

TN

• Post Points: 35
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,550
Points 46,960
Debbie-do replied on Thu, Jun 20 2013 5:17 PM | Locked

Sukochi.  Those totes are on sale at joann this week for about $35

Southwest of San Antonio

• Post Points: 50
Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,012
Points 19,515
Beth Weigt replied on Thu, Jun 20 2013 6:06 PM | Locked

Well we made it to Bardstown, KY.  Lots of traffic from Indy to louisville, but the rest of the trip was easy.  Tomorrow we may visit some boubon distillaries and the train museum.  Tomorrow night is the dinner train.  Am looking forward as the food last year was delicious.  Bardstown was named "Best Small Town" last year by Rand McNally (We were here when Rand was visiting and even had a small cameo of Bill in the TV program - on the dinner train of course).

Ashley sorry I can't help with the pattern.

Debbie and Michelle drive safely.  Where are you staying in Chatt.?

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,849
Points 85,825
Sukochi replied on Thu, Jun 20 2013 6:11 PM | Locked

Debbie-do:

Sukochi.  Those totes are on sale at joann this week for about $35

No time to drive clear to Kennesaw, Ga. to get one. I will live without it this time.

Oh, talked to my DS1. today. She said she told her DS1 that we (she and I), will be at their house when the Houston Show rolls around again!!! Her DS1 and his fam just moved to Houston. Yee Haw.

Glad to see you made it to Little Rock!!

Sukochi

• Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,398
Points 119,581
Patti replied on Thu, Jun 20 2013 6:18 PM | Locked

I love hearing about the retreats.  I am getting excited just hearing stuff like "packing, turning off the computer," etc.  Looking forward to lots of pictures.  I feel like I am part of the group.  Yippee! here we go, even if the trip is just what I can experience from my chair. 

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

• Post Points: 35
Not Ranked
Female
Posts 33
Points 630
Ashley replied on Thu, Jun 20 2013 6:43 PM | Locked

Janis Lindsey:

Ashley:
Does anybody have a sewing pattern for a vest they could bring for me to use while I'm there? 

Ashley, what size   I have lots of  vintage patterns so just let me know the size.

Thanks, Janis.  XL or a 16 or so.  It's been so long since I've sewed with a pattern....!

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,600
Points 119,070
Judy Taylor-Bellingham replied on Thu, Jun 20 2013 7:10 PM | Locked

Patti:

I love hearing about the retreats.  I am getting excited just hearing stuff like "packing, turning off the computer," etc.  Looking forward to lots of pictures.  I feel like I am part of the group.  Yippee! here we go, even if the trip is just what I can experience from my chair.

Perfect description Patti.  That's how I feel. Love the postings from folks as they travel to the retreat, the things they see along the way and the excitement as each arrive.

Keep the posts coming. Those of us at home are enjoying every minute!

In the beautiful Pacific Northwest!

• Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,720
Points 436,870
Nana replied on Thu, Jun 20 2013 9:16 PM | Locked

Patti

I know we would all love to have our west coast ladies come retreat with us.  It is so much fun visiting different areas of our country.  I do know though that it can be very expensive.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,720
Points 436,870
Nana replied on Thu, Jun 20 2013 9:18 PM | Locked

I am still frantically trying to get everything finished and ready to go.   Tomorrow is laundry and packing.   Wow only one more day.

Vinton, Virginia

Page 40 of 41 (602 items) «Prev3738394041Next
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use