rated by 0 users
This post has 601 Replies | 25 Followers

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 981
Points 24,590
MaryLeeHayden replied on Wed, Jun 19 2013 9:39 AM | Locked

URGENT!

Ladies, I just got a call from Sara Wall (owner of the Lodge). The retreat is still on but Sara and Mike's 25 year old daughter just had a cancerous tumor removed from her colon. Cancer is also in her liver and lymph nodes. Please pray for Rachel and the whole family.

I told Sara to do what she needs to do for her family. If she is not there, she has given me the code to the key box and we will get in and set up early Saturday. She says she knows she is leaving the lodge in good hands and that we can fend for ourselves if needed. She wants to join us if possible but family comes first and foremost.

Please, please, please keep this precious family in your thoughts and prayers.

• Post Points: 65
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,849
Points 85,825
Sukochi replied on Wed, Jun 19 2013 9:42 AM | Locked

OK, ladies. Here is, yet again, the "new" me. I love this so much better. I just didn't like the lemon at all. I am wondering if that stylist didn't pull the yellow all the way out to get me back right way for more color and more money in her pocket.

Got all the 'stuff" I needed to get done for the retreat done, so all that is left is packing and I will be good to go. Everyone start the travel prayers for those who leave today, and tomorrow.

Oh, that towel hanging behind me is attractive. The color is not true in the photo. I have no idea how to set the color on this camera.

Today IS a great day.

Sukochi

• Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,849
Points 85,825
Sukochi replied on Wed, Jun 19 2013 9:48 AM | Locked

Sara, you are in our thoughts and prayers. God's will be done. He is the great healer, and if there is anything to do, will do it. Your whole family needs to lean on Him totally.

Don't give a thought to the Lodge. We will take great care. 

Read this last night. "I feel your peace". This means I know God is working in your lives, and you are turning this to Him. You will find peace in his arms. Tell you daughter to curl up in his lap. He will tell her, "Be still, my child, and do not fear, for I am with you"

Sukochi

• Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,727
Points 437,045
Nana replied on Wed, Jun 19 2013 10:04 AM | Locked

Mary

This is such sad news.  Sara and Rachel and all the family will be in my prayers.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 693
Points 13,210
Michelle replied on Wed, Jun 19 2013 10:05 AM | Locked

Love the style. Looks great on your face. Makes you look 30!!  

Michelle B
Enjoy family, friends and hobbies

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,465
Points 41,130
Mimi replied on Wed, Jun 19 2013 10:15 AM | Locked

Mary:
Please pray for Rachel and the whole family.

Mary,  DH and I will certainly be praying for a full recovery and long fruitful life for Rachel.  I don't know very much about Sara's family but I assume that Rachel is an adult?  If there is anything that I can do to help you or Sara with the retreat please let me know.

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 693
Points 13,210
Michelle replied on Wed, Jun 19 2013 10:20 AM | Locked

Mary please let her know she and family are in our prayers. Our families are so precious and we don't realize how short a time period we have with them. May God hold them in His loving arms during this time of stress. 

Michelle B

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 72
Points 1,380
Janis Lindsey replied on Wed, Jun 19 2013 12:02 PM | Locked

Mary, please let Mike, Sara and Rachel know that they are definitely in our thoughts and prayers.  Having been in a similar situation myself I know a little of how Rachel must feel.

Janis

TN

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 981
Points 24,590
MaryLeeHayden replied on Wed, Jun 19 2013 12:03 PM | Locked

Mimi:

Mary:
Please pray for Rachel and the whole family.

Mary,  DH and I will certainly be praying for a full recovery and long fruitful life for Rachel.  I don't know very much about Sara's family but I assume that Rachel is an adult?  If there is anything that I can do to help you or Sara with the retreat please let me know.

Rachel is 25, still a baby to me. Poor Sara is still in shock. If she's like me, you get through the initial emergency and then collapse. She hasn't collapsed but she is in shock, as I'm sure Mike is. I cannot even imagine.

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,030
Points 19,830
Beth Weigt replied on Wed, Jun 19 2013 3:16 PM | Locked

Mary - I am saddened to hear about Sara and Mike's daughter Rachel.  They have been added to my prayer list.

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,030
Points 19,830
Beth Weigt replied on Wed, Jun 19 2013 3:18 PM | Locked

EXCITEMENT BUILDING!!!! 

Starting to pack car - leave tomorrow morning.  Need to start packing -- See everyone on Saturday.

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 693
Points 13,210
Michelle replied on Wed, Jun 19 2013 4:02 PM | Locked

Beth, we are too!  Packing the car now...  Got all the quilt tops ready, clothes packed... Debbie and I leave early in the am!  Stop for taco breakfast and Starbucks...15 hours!!  

Michelle B

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,849
Points 85,825
Sukochi replied on Wed, Jun 19 2013 4:10 PM | Locked

Michelle, drive very, very carefully. Be safe. Call me, when ever you want.  Let me know how you are progressing. Where did Debbie say you will stop tomorrow night?

It is almost here!!!!

Sukochi

• Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,727
Points 437,045
Nana replied on Wed, Jun 19 2013 5:22 PM | Locked

I have been cutting projects all day.   Still need to finish cutting one and then start packing up.  Need to do laundry so I will have some clothes....LOL>

Vinton, Virginia

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,465
Points 41,130
Mimi replied on Wed, Jun 19 2013 6:41 PM | Locked

Okay Mamas

Here is the list I have for both activities I'm bringing.  Please let me know if I have made a mistake and have left someone off the list.  Please let me know tonight as I only have tomorrow to finish everything before we leave on Friday afternoon.   I will bring some extra kits in case someone might change their minds.  Oh WHY do I have to go to work tomorrow?????

Woven Snowflake  - Mary, Sukochi, Debbie, Beth and Carolyn

Paper Piecing hearts - Mary, Sukochi, Michelle, Janis, Beth, Carolyn, Debbie.

• Post Points: 35
Page 39 of 41 (602 items) «Prev3738394041Next
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use