rated by 0 users
This post has 601 Replies | 25 Followers

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,208
Points 16,180
Susan replied on Mon, Jun 17 2013 9:28 PM | Locked

Mary:
Ladies...I'm telling you something in confidence as my hubby is a very private person
                                 Mary, that must be a guy thing , when Bob needed surgery for his melanoma the first thing he said was Dont tell any one. Being a prayer warrior myself I knew he needed all the prayers he could get. I will be praying for you and your DH. Strength and peace for you and healing for him. try not to over-think every thing it really does no good. Its been two months with Bob and after 2 surgery;s he still has a visiting nurse but is finally on the mend. If I had listened to the Doctors doom and gloom and finding out he had ten lymph nodes removed  I would be a basket case. He is cancer free and I know God was in it the whole time. Was I afraid, yes but I knew everything was going to be OK.  I  wish I could be there with you< however my prayers will be.  Let us know how it goes.        HUGS,    Susan

• Post Points: 20
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,459
Points 40,890
Mimi replied on Mon, Jun 17 2013 9:32 PM | Locked

Mary, Life happens and family comes first.  I think I could find all the shops in the area too so I'll be Beth's backup.  Take care of DH and don't worry at all about us.  We will be fine. When have any of us not pitched in to help when needed?  Thoughts and prayers for you and DH for peace that God is in control of the situation and everything will work out for his glory. 

• Post Points: 5
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,459
Points 40,890
Mimi replied on Mon, Jun 17 2013 9:36 PM | Locked

Susan :
He is cancer free and I know God was in it the whole time.

Oh Susan this is such good news.  I will certainly miss you at the retreat but you and DH have certainly been blessed with this outcome.  Please tell Bob that we are so thankful that things have worked out for good.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,849
Points 85,825
Sukochi replied on Mon, Jun 17 2013 10:10 PM | Locked

With the Grace of God, Mary, you both will come out the other side stronger and better off then now.

The retreat is nothing compared to the need Phil has of you at this scary time for him. All is well and this will work out just fine.

Ladies, I have a question unrelated to this. I have some of Jim's mom's hankies. He thinks his great grandmother embroidered them. One is deteriorated badly, but I want to save the hand work with all my heart.  If I bring them to the retreat would any of you have a clue as to how I should handle this? I should probably not even be touching them. Do any of you know about  vintage handwork? 

Sukochi

• Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,720
Points 436,870
Nana replied on Mon, Jun 17 2013 11:45 PM | Locked

Mary You and Phil will be my prayers.  I know that the not knowing is sometimes the hardest part...at least it is for me.

Ladies I think I am going to be able to come a visit for a couple of days.   Don't need a room ... I will just crash on the couch.   I so want to see all of you from last year and meet all the new ladies.   Really excited to be able to see Kathy and my "Georgia Peach" again as well as Mimi and the twins.   I am considering coming in on Sunday and home on Monday evening sometime.   I will let you know when I have things worked out for sure.

Vinton, Virginia

• Post Points: 95
Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,016
Points 19,565
Beth Weigt replied on Tue, Jun 18 2013 3:40 AM | Locked

Sukochi - The hankies sound precious but I'm afraid I don't know how to tell you to preserve them. Maybe someone else will be able to help you.  

See you soon!

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,016
Points 19,565
Beth Weigt replied on Tue, Jun 18 2013 3:42 AM | Locked

Nana- Yeah! Happy you may be able to join us!

See you soon!

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 415
Points 5,370
Kathy replied on Tue, Jun 18 2013 4:18 AM | Locked

Oh, Mary, God Bless you and Phil, I just know it is all going to work out fine.  You two are just too precious for God to let anything happen to.

Don't fret about breakfast, I can handle it.  I did it last year for 25 people so this is a no brainer.  You just need to be with Phil and take care of yourself.  If you want me to cook on Saturday night so Phil can rest that is okay too..  Have the docs mentioned he should reduce his carb intake as carbs cause the liver to become enlarged?  I know this because I had the problem and had to keep carbs below 30 a day (nearly impossible) but within a month the liver was back to normal.

And if shop hops don't happen, it will not be a tragedy as I am sure most of us have more fabric than we need anyway.....or we are big girls and can find our way!

Love you honey and please take care of you and Phil.  I am leaving tomorrow but will be in touch and will see you Saturday!

Kathy

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 415
Points 5,370
Kathy replied on Tue, Jun 18 2013 4:22 AM | Locked

YEA!!!!  I am so glad you will be coming at least for a short stay.  I was really sad when I thought I wouldn;t get to see you this year.  I bet we can convince you to stay longer once you get there!!!!  You could come in on Sunday and leave on Wednesday:)  We can find you a bed!

Kathy

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,459
Points 40,890
Mimi replied on Tue, Jun 18 2013 5:39 AM | Locked

Nana:
I am considering coming in on Sunday and home on Monday evening sometime.

Can't wait to see you Nana. So glad you could make time to visit. 

Sukochi, like Beth I don't know too much about vintage linens but would love to see your treasure.

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 490
Points 9,250
Darlene replied on Tue, Jun 18 2013 6:53 AM | Locked

Mary...I  am praying for agreat outcome for Phil and peace for you.I think the men should start quilting look at the good health it has brought us.lol

Susan... So glad that DH is mending and the outcome was positive.Take care.

Nana feel free to use my room.I am so glad you will get some time to sew with the crazies.

There is no change in Larry other than he is getting weaker and they might have to put in a feeding tube soon.The frusteration of the unknown is worse than knowing

I have stepped back a little to try and preserve my sanity.No sewing in 3 weeks I am going insane .

My boys are all working away right now so I am feeling the work load with our business ,horses and being at the hospital all the time.Enough whining.

I hope everyone has a great time.I know you will.Keep posting so I can keep up.

Darlene(2manyhorses)

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 415
Points 5,370
Kathy replied on Tue, Jun 18 2013 7:04 AM | Locked

Darlene, you just keep on whining..you deserve it.  You and Mary can whine together:)

Is there any word on what is wrong with Larry yet?  You are in our prayers!  Maybe we should just have a prayer retreat for all of you instead of a sewing retreat.  At least I made sure most of my problems were at the beginning of the year, so I could be semi=well for the retreat.

Kathy

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,849
Points 85,825
Sukochi replied on Tue, Jun 18 2013 7:10 AM | Locked

Nana:
Really excited to be able to see Kathy and my "Georgia Peach" again as well as Mimi and the twins.  

Nana, looking around to see who else will be there from Georgia. But, I am tickled "peach" that you are coming. I can't wait for this.  Nana, sound like you will have a room, for sure. Please stay longer.

Darlene, my heart beaks for you. Praying for God to intervene and give the doctors clear minds, focused minds, to fix this vessel of God's love, that Larry is.

THIS BE TUESDAY, the final countdown has begun.  I am so stoked. Does anybody use that word anymore?? 

Off to work on figuring out what I NEED and what I don't. Could yous more help on this................

Sukochi

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,575
Points 47,490
Debbie-do replied on Tue, Jun 18 2013 7:35 AM | Locked

Mary, I'm so sorry to hear about Phil.  Give him all your love and attention, give your worries to God and leave breakfast and shopping to us.  We're women, we can handle breakfast and shopping!

Darlene, my prayers are still with you  (and you, Mary)

Nana, what a treat that you'll be joining us!  Were you afraid there wouldn't be enough gremlin activity??

Sukocki, pack a 'maybe' bag and if there isn't room in the car, Jim can take it home!

Leaving in 2 days!! Woo Hoo!!

Southwest of San Antonio

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,849
Points 85,825
Sukochi replied on Tue, Jun 18 2013 7:46 AM | Locked

Debbie-do:
Sukocki, pack a 'maybe' bag and if there isn't room in the car, Jim can take it home!

Debbie-Do, This is a quilt retreat we are going to. Is there any such thing as maybe???????? I better go over everything with a fine tooth comb and a hard heart.  Is it better to bring things in baggies that would lay flatter then boxes of stuff? I know, I can bring less clothes and fill my suitcase with more stuff!!! Oh, gosh, less clothes. How do I know what I will want to wear?? If I don't bring ALL the clothes I bought for this, I might have brought the wrong things to wear. Wish I could say I am kidding....NOT!

Sukochi

Page 36 of 41 (602 items) «Prev3435363738Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use