Smoky Mountain Retreat June 22 - 29, 2013

rated by 0 users
This post has 601 Replies | 25 Followers

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,043
Points 19,980
Beth Weigt replied on Sun, Jun 16 2013 1:54 PM | Locked

Mimi - I'll take you up on both projects.  I already paper piece but always like new patterns.  Janis - didn't we work on paper piecing last year?

• Post Points: 50
Not Ranked
Posts 17
Points 190
leebug replied on Sun, Jun 16 2013 4:05 PM | Locked

Mimi:

Okay ladies or should I say SM Mommas,

I'm making up kits for the 1) Woven Snowflake Ornament and for 2) Paper Piecing ( cute small heart wall hanging ) and I need to know how many are interested in each.  They are both short projects so if you could let me know so I can get the kits ready I sure would appreciate it. 

Just think this time next week we will all be together making new friends and renewing old friendships.  Yippee!!  Gotta go.  Let me know.

Mimi:

Okay ladies or should I say SM Mommas,

I'm making up kits for the 1) Woven Snowflake Ornament and for 2) Paper Piecing ( cute small heart wall hanging ) and I need to know how many are interested in each.  They are both short projects so if you could let me know so I can get the kits ready I sure would appreciate it. 

Just think this time next week we will all be together making new friends and renewing old friendships.  Yippee!!  Gotta go.  Let me know.

Sounds very interesting, please add me to the list.   Carolyn

• Post Points: 5
Not Ranked
Posts 17
Points 190
leebug replied on Sun, Jun 16 2013 5:29 PM | Locked

Beth

You introduced me to paper piecing last year at the retreat and I do want to learn more.   Looking forward to seeing everyone next week... YEAH.

Carolyn

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 72
Points 1,380
Janis Lindsey replied on Sun, Jun 16 2013 8:28 PM | Locked

Beth Weigt:
Janis - didn't we work on paper piecing last year?

Beth, you might remember last year they called me ditzy and I hardly ever sat at my machine. I do have the project you sent home with me but have not done anything with it yet.  Maybe there is more hope for me this year, since in Oct. I did piece a whole top, yeah!!

Janis

TN

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,479
Points 41,345
Mimi replied on Mon, Jun 17 2013 5:53 AM | Locked

Janis Lindsey:
if you can tell me what the kit consist of I may have it here already and I can bring my own kit.

The kit is:

paper for the piecing printed with the design

#90/14 sewing machine needle

1/4 yd light for background

1/4 yd reds, pinks for hearts (scraps of many different at least 4 inches wide and 1 1/2 inches long)

1/4 yd for border and binding  (the example shows pink, red, purple flowers on dark background)

15 x 15 square of batting

15 x 15 square of backing fabric

Everyone will have to bring their own thread...something neutral.  I have these already made up so don't worry you sweet little head about one more thing to bring.

• Post Points: 20
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,479
Points 41,345
Mimi replied on Mon, Jun 17 2013 5:57 AM | Locked

One more thing....since I'm still in school... YUCK....  the deadline to sign up is Wednesday at 6:00 pm.  Have to sleep sometime.  See y'all soon.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,633
Points 48,810
Debbie-do replied on Mon, Jun 17 2013 7:21 AM | Locked

Mimi,  I'll do the pp project too... I already signed up for the other one. 

Three more days of work... a crazy 3 days I fear... but then I'm TN bound!  Woo Hoo!

Southwest of San Antonio

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,854
Points 85,875
Sukochi replied on Mon, Jun 17 2013 7:48 AM | Locked

I keep changing my mind....about everything. Is this the right gift for that, is that the right gift for this? Am I bring all I will need? Will all my stuff fit in the SUV?  What if I don't want to work on what I bring? Should I bring more then I think I would do? My head is spinning. I am SO nervous. I am kinda shy when I meet new people.

I am hating the decision to bleach this hair. Jim said "Live with it".  What was I thinking?? Can't do anything about it as I paid $168. for THIS! Jim was livid, but likes it a lot. Me , not so much.  

Worried about the result of the MRI. Shouldn't be. Every time I have one of these terrible expensive tests, they show nothing wrong. Well, almost every time.  Besides, how would I get my pants on with a cast? My sister said she never heard of being casted for a meniscus tear. Me either..

Gotta go.

Sukochi

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 72
Points 1,380
Janis Lindsey replied on Mon, Jun 17 2013 8:22 AM | Locked

Mimi:
I have these already made up so don't worry you sweet little head about one more thing to bring.

Thanks Mimi, I will buy from you  I don't know what I was thinking except maybe I could save you the trouble but I want mine to look like the others.

Janis

TN

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,854
Points 85,875
Sukochi replied on Mon, Jun 17 2013 11:48 AM | Locked

It's Monday, leaving at the end of this week????? Can that be possible?? Is it almost here?  PANIC!!!!

Had my MRI today. Dr. won't get resutls till Weds, so I have to have everything ready to go by then. On the off chance that I will get casted. Pray for NO cast or brace.

Went back to LQS today. Got more stuff for the gifts at this retreat. Liked my first choices but welll...I don't know. So got other stuff. She has the price down 35% now. As busy as it way, I expect she will be lower by weeks end. Still have a lot of fabric to move thought. I just got some embriodery floss, needles, and a pillow case kit for my self.. Spent $60.00, most  for gifts

Monsoon again ,all day. Can't believe the amount of rain we are getting this morning. It is a delige. . While in the LQS, the heaven's opened up and the water was just running down the road and sidewalk like it was flooding. The river is so close to flooding, it is scary. Our plants are dying from too much water. Their poor roots can't even dry out at all. This system will be over head till Tues. night.

Better get back at it.

Sukochi

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 986
Points 24,705
MaryLeeHayden replied on Mon, Jun 17 2013 3:48 PM | Locked

Ladies...I'm telling you something in confidence as my hubby is a very private person so please don't discuss or ask him about this. I will be coming home for a night from the retreat to go to Phil's consult with the surgeon. He doesn't have gall stones but a thickening of the wall of the gall bladder. He will be having it removed but the problem is he must have a liver biopsy. His liver and spleen are both enlarged. They will do the biopsy at the time of his surgery and, since the surgeon will require it, this Friday morning he has an endoscopy. His consult is Tuesday at 10 am so I will come home Monday night to go with him to the surgeon's on Tuesday. I will then return to the retreat Tuesday afternoon.

Someone may want to help Kathy with breakfast Tuesday and I was planning a shop hop for Tuesday. If you still want to do that, Diana knows the shops in the area. I can make arrangements (they usually offer goodies). Just let me know.

I'm sorry I'm not as prepared for the retreat as I was last year. I'm trying but when I get worried, I tend to become paralyzed. I'm sure he will be fine but my philosophy is to worry often and early to avoid the rush. lol

Can't wait to see you all!

• Post Points: 110
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,854
Points 85,875
Sukochi replied on Mon, Jun 17 2013 5:31 PM | Locked

Mary, how dare you steal MY philosophy!! I would bet money I am worse then you!

Mums the word. DON"T worry about breakfast, we are big girls and can help Kathy  

Sit down and take a deep breath. Turn this over to God, as well.d=  He does answer prayer and he promises to heal , if we ask..

It could be some infection that is causing the enlargement of the liver and spleen I had that terror in front of me once. I cries, thought the worst, lost sleep. No biggie! And, here my best worrying was aft nothing. Thanks be to God. So, listen up, Prayer Warriors, let's go to God for Mary and her DH.  

Now, sit back and let us take control of the wheel ,for awhile. Diana can take us to the shops. I am sure all would like to go.  Perhaps could Diana call them ahead rather then you having to do it? Ask.

And, take a Valium! You need 

Sukochi

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,529
Points 31,110
Diana replied on Mon, Jun 17 2013 5:55 PM | Locked

Hey, Mary,  You know I'm familiar with all the shops in the area.  Have you contacted any of them yet??  I think that Cherry Pit, Iva's, and Pappy's would be more than enough for one day.  I can do Tuesday but need to get back home Tues. Evening because have to take DH to VA for his chemo on Wed. morning..early.  His appt. is 8 a.m. and it's over an hour's drive one way during morning business hours.  Anything else, we can handle.  Breakfasts, dinners...we got it all covered for you.  Just don't fret.  We;'re all big girls and can deal with little hiccups that come along.  Take care of Phil just like I'm taking care of Bob. 

Huggs and Love Ya...

Diana in East Tn.

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,043
Points 19,980
Beth Weigt replied on Mon, Jun 17 2013 8:16 PM | Locked

Mary - Take care of Phil!!  Those of us who are returnees can assist any newbies with things and I will definitely be up to help Kathy. We all understand where you need to be.

Diana - I can probably find the three shops you mentioned so I guess I could be a backup for you.

Again we are leaving Thursday, but I will have computer and will stay in touch.

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 704
Points 13,370
Michelle replied on Mon, Jun 17 2013 8:58 PM | Locked

Mary, please take care of husband.  Family always comes first. We are all big ladies, we can put our "big girl panties" on and make it all work! I will have my Explorer, it seats 7, so when we head to the shop hop, I can take lots of ladies.  We will have to hold all our purchases! but will make it happen.  We'll all pitch in for breakfast, don't worry about anything. 

Michelle B
Enjoy family, friends and hobbies

Page 35 of 41 (602 items) «Prev3334353637Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use