Smoky Mountain Retreat June 22 - 29, 2013

rated by 0 users
This post has 601 Replies | 25 Followers

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 701
Points 13,295
Michelle replied on Fri, Jun 14 2013 10:01 AM | Locked

Yes, Sukochi, I think we are picking you up there at the quilt shop. Debbie-do and I are staying at hotel in Chatt the night before.  

Michelle B
Enjoy family, friends and hobbies

• Post Points: 5
Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 701
Points 13,295
Michelle replied on Fri, Jun 14 2013 10:02 AM | Locked

not sure who Luke is? Did I miss an email? 

Michelle B
Enjoy family, friends and hobbies

• Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,849
Points 85,805
Sukochi replied on Fri, Jun 14 2013 11:21 AM | Locked

Michelle, I was being funny. You had misspelled a word that was spelled 'luke"  So, I was just saying that if you invited "luke".....guess ya had to be there. Oh, never mind the blond has fried my brains.

We went to CVS a bit ago and I got some darker makeup as with this lite, lite hair color, I looked washed out. Jim, on our way to the car, said "It is expensive to be a floozy!"  LOL!

Sukochi

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,468
Points 41,125
Mimi replied on Fri, Jun 14 2013 4:33 PM | Locked

Meal sign up sheet here. Please copy and paste to add your names. With the change in room mates, I have put Sukochi and Ashley together. We still have 3 breakfasts but that can always be easy stuff...pastries, fruit, yogurt etc. Unless Kathy wants to commit us to all breakfasts! lol

Saturday Dinner: Mary's DH will BBQ, Kathy bringing some sides and anyone else can bring some. I will make Dump Cake for dessert.

Sunday Breakfast: Kathy and Mary

Sunday Dinner:  Sukochi & Ashley

Monday Breakfast: Kathy and Mary

Monday Dinner:  Andrea, Carolyn & Janis

Tuesday Breakfast: Kathy & Mary

Tuesday Dinner:  Mimi and Dave

Wednesday Breakfast:  Andrea and helpers

Wednesday Dinner:      Michelle, Debbie-do, Diana

Thursday Breakfast:    Diana

Thursday Dinner:  Beth and Bill

Friday Breakfast: Mimi and Dave

Friday Dinner: Eat out or left overs.

Saturday Breakfast:  Sara, Susan and Faith

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,468
Points 41,125
Mimi replied on Fri, Jun 14 2013 4:39 PM | Locked

There you go Andrea.  Hope you can show me how to make your wonderful cheese and sausage bread.  Only one more week and we will all be traveling to see each other and have so much fun. 

Beth - WOW  Bill must be a real stud muffin now...not that he wasn't cute before but 90 lbs is a lot of weight.  Good for him.  No wonder you're not on site often with him keeping you so busy.....Hmmmm.......

Oh I must get all ready this weekend to come.  I want to leave as soon as I can next Friday.  Can't wait to see everyone again and to meet all you new retreat goers.  Must make a list or two or three.......Bye.......

• Post Points: 35
Not Ranked
Female
Posts 33
Points 630
Ashley replied on Fri, Jun 14 2013 7:27 PM | Locked

Confession: I have got to get a quilt basted so I'll have something to work on next week!!!  I don't have the right size batting, so... sigh.... where's my Joanns coupon?

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 490
Points 9,250
Darlene replied on Sat, Jun 15 2013 8:53 AM | Locked

Well quilting buddies I am having a pity party right now.In my heart I am hoping I can still come and play but my brain says it is unlikely...sob....sob.

Things are not changing not worse not bettter; still unknown whats going on.I am cranky right now.As some of you know Larry has 5 boys and now they are all doctors they want to move him out of this hospital to another far away.Problem being  I am the only 1  in there looking after him.2 of the boys we have seen once in 15 days so of course he looks very sick his temps are 102-104.If these boys pull rank on me and have him moved I am Smokey Mountain bound.

Today is Sat and none areworking they might be able to visit for a few minutes before golf or racing or boating Are you kidding?Slap up yhe side of the head lol

I have nursed my parents and lost my Dad I told them our parents are a long time gone!

Well enough of boo-hoo crap hope I can still make it but looking unlikely.Your posts are the first thing I look at when I get home so keep up the party

Darlene

(2manyhorses)

• Post Points: 65
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,849
Points 85,805
Sukochi replied on Sat, Jun 15 2013 9:00 AM | Locked

Pray for God's intervention and healing for Larry. And, peace of mind for you. Doesn't family always get in the way when things so South!

Got so much to do. Don't know where to start or what to do. Would love to go do something for my birthday, today ..but! Have so over extended the budget for this trip.

Did I tell you that sweet Carolyn ,(CarolBeau), sent me a baggie of "lucky" strips for use in the strip poker? YEE HAW. And, a beautiful deck of Carol Doak playing cards. So sweet is she. And, fabric to boot. 

Only ONE WEEK to go before lift off!

Sukochi

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,849
Points 85,805
Sukochi replied on Sat, Jun 15 2013 9:17 AM | Locked

POST CARD DEMO

If you are interested in doing this. There are some things you need to think about. 

1. THEME ' think up a theme (Birthday, Holiday, Seasons, Sports, to name a few).  

2. Bring fabric that showcase your theme. Needs to be a 4" by 6" piece for each post card you want to make.. So, think scraps!  

3. Embellishment.: If you want to use stickers, ribbon, lace, etc. Bring it.

I will furnish the fusible that hold it all together. And, muslin, cut to fit, for backing.

Have fun with it. You can do painted fabric,  dyed fabric, melted crayon., tissue paper collage. The possibilities are endless!!

ONLY ONE WEEK TO GO!!

Sukochi

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,618
Points 48,375
Debbie-do replied on Sat, Jun 15 2013 10:02 AM | Locked

Sukochi:

POST CARD DEMO

If you are interested in doing this. There are some things you need to think about. 

1. THEME ' think up a theme (Birthday, Holiday, Seasons, Sports, to name a few).  

2. Bring fabric that showcase your theme. Needs to be a 4" by 6" piece for each post card you want to make.. So, think scraps!  

3. Embellishment.: If you want to use stickers, ribbon, lace, etc. Bring it.

I will furnish the fusible that hold it all together. And, muslin, cut to fit, for backing.

Have fun with it. You can do painted fabric,  dyed fabric, melted crayon., tissue paper collage. The possibilities are endless!!

ONLY ONE WEEK TO GO!!

I've packed my 'postcard' stamp and an ink pad!

Southwest of San Antonio

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,618
Points 48,375
Debbie-do replied on Sat, Jun 15 2013 10:12 AM | Locked

Darlene, of course Larry comes first but I can imagine how disappointed you are about probably having to miss the retreat.  Prayers for healing for Larry and comfort and strength for you both!  Where better to convalesce than a lodge in the Smokey Mountains!?  Hope we get to see you. :)

Southwest of San Antonio

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,468
Points 41,125
Mimi replied on Sat, Jun 15 2013 10:18 AM | Locked

Darlene:
In my heart I am hoping I can still come and play but my brain says it is unlikely.

I was so hoping things would be better by now.  DH asks about Larry every day.  We are praying for God's hand to be with you and Larry through this valley.  I know when my DS was so sick with a bacteria blood infection called Lemierre syndrome it took a long time for him to recover.  He was mid semester in college and had to drop out because he missed so much time.  The doctors finally decided that surgery to remove his infected jugular vein (you have two) was the only alternative left.  It's was a long road back but he is fine now minus his one jugular vein.  And I know the Larry's sons are not helping much, but I also wanted to let you know that DS was transferred to a larger hospital during his illness.  If it hadn't been for the local hospital doing all the tests, the larger hospital would not have known how to treat him.  Hang in there and know that we are all praying for the entire situation.

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 415
Points 5,370
Kathy replied on Sat, Jun 15 2013 10:36 AM | Locked

Sounds like you have every right to have a pity party!  I have really mixed emotions about this.  Of course, I am praying for Larry but one side of me hopes the boys move him so you can come and the other side of me hopes he stays with you.  Such a quandry.  Please keep us informed and we will all just wish the best for you and Larry.  We will really miss you if you don't make it.

Kathy

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,736
Points 437,180
Nana replied on Sat, Jun 15 2013 4:18 PM | Locked

Darlene

I am so sorry that Larry is still doing so poorly.   That is very scary.   Just playing devil's advocate ....  but could the boys be right and he needs to go to a different hospital.   I don't know anything about the medical care in your area but I do know that some hospitals just really suck.   I continue to keep you both in my prayers.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,849
Points 85,805
Sukochi replied on Sat, Jun 15 2013 4:41 PM | Locked

Nana, sure wish you were coming this year.

Weather forecast for Sevierville, TH. June 22 - 24: Partly cloudy temps from 86 - 88. Nice weather coming our way.

So sad, no one is excited about this retreat........................I AM!!!

Sukochi

Page 33 of 41 (602 items) «Prev3132333435Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use