Smoky Mountain Retreat June 22 - 29, 2013

rated by 0 users
This post has 601 Replies | 25 Followers

Not Ranked
Posts 17
Points 190
leebug replied on Fri, Jun 14 2013 5:58 AM | Locked

Mimi I have already bought one large Maxwell House coffee to bring so for the coffee lovers.

See ya soon.

• Post Points: 5
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,508
Points 30,675
Diana replied on Fri, Jun 14 2013 6:05 AM | Locked

Mimi,  We're a big coffee drinking bunch, so if you bring the decaf, I'll bring the regular coffee.  DH says all this 'calculating' with meals, etc. must mean we're getting closer to our retreat time.  Guess he's right???  

Diana in East Tn.

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,508
Points 30,675
Diana replied on Fri, Jun 14 2013 6:11 AM | Locked

Hi Lee,  I just saw your post.  Yes, bring your coffee and I'll buy an extra one.  Mimi will bring the decaf for those of us who like a coffee in the evening but want to sleep too.  I know I can't drink regular coffee after 4 p.m. or I'll be awake until 3 a.m. 

Sounds like we're doing a good job of keeping us all fed and pumped up with coffee...lol

Diana in East Tn.

• Post Points: 20
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,508
Points 30,675
Diana replied on Fri, Jun 14 2013 6:16 AM | Locked

Meal sign up sheet here. Please copy and paste to add your names. With the change in room mates, I have put Sukochi and Ashley together. We still have 3 breakfasts but that can always be easy stuff...pastries, fruit, yogurt etc. Unless Kathy wants to commit us to all breakfasts! lol

Saturday Dinner: Mary's DH will BBQ, Kathy bringing some sides and anyone else can bring some. I will make Dump Cake for dessert.

Sunday Breakfast: Kathy and Mary

Sunday Dinner:  Sukochi & Ashley

Monday Breakfast: Kathy and Mary

Monday Dinner:  Andrea, Carolyn & Janis

Tuesday Breakfast: Kathy & Mary

Tuesday Dinner:  Mimi and Dave

Wednesday Breakfast:

Wednesday Dinner:      Michelle, Debbie-do, Diana

Thursday Breakfast:    Diana

Thursday Dinner:  Beth and Bill

Friday Breakfast: 

Friday Dinner: Eat out or left overs.

Saturday Breakfast:  Sara, Susan and Faith

I think this is the current schedule.

Diana in East Tn.

Not Ranked
Posts 17
Points 190
leebug replied on Fri, Jun 14 2013 6:22 AM | Locked

Diana:

Hi Lee,  I just saw your post.  Yes, bring your coffee and I'll buy an extra one.  Mimi will bring the decaf for those of us who like a coffee in the evening but want to sleep too.  I know I can't drink regular coffee after 4 p.m. or I'll be awake until 3 a.m. 

Sounds like we're doing a good job of keeping us all fed and pumped up with coffee...lol

Diana in East Tn.

Diana we do need our food and coffee in order to keep our strength up to do all that quilting. lol

See ya soon Carolyn

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 671
Points 12,810
Michelle replied on Fri, Jun 14 2013 6:27 AM | Locked

Us Sourherners love that scrambled eggs and bacon also. I usually eat protein in the am then u don't snack as much before lunch! I also have a gluten allergy so will bring a few gluten free bagels in case anyone else wants to try them? 

Michelle B
Enjoy family, friends and hobbies

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 671
Points 12,810
Michelle replied on Fri, Jun 14 2013 6:36 AM | Locked

Diana, looks Luke you signed up for breakfast on Thursday am. I can also help you. We can get ingredients after we get there? I want to save room in the car for material! 

Michelle B

• Post Points: 35
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,459
Points 40,890
Mimi replied on Fri, Jun 14 2013 6:37 AM | Locked

Meal sign up sheet here. Please copy and paste to add your names. With the change in room mates, I have put Sukochi and Ashley together. We still have 3 breakfasts but that can always be easy stuff...pastries, fruit, yogurt etc. Unless Kathy wants to commit us to all breakfasts! lol

Saturday Dinner: Mary's DH will BBQ, Kathy bringing some sides and anyone else can bring some. I will make Dump Cake for dessert.

Sunday Breakfast: Kathy and Mary

Sunday Dinner:  Sukochi & Ashley

Monday Breakfast: Kathy and Mary

Monday Dinner:  Andrea, Carolyn & Janis

Tuesday Breakfast: Kathy & Mary

Tuesday Dinner:  Mimi and Dave

Wednesday Breakfast:

Wednesday Dinner:      Michelle, Debbie-do, Diana

Thursday Breakfast:    Diana

Thursday Dinner:  Beth and Bill

Friday Breakfast: Mimi and Dave

Friday Dinner: Eat out or left overs.

Saturday Breakfast:  Sara, Susan and Faith

I'll also do bacon with the casserole.

Top 200 Contributor
Posts 371
Points 6,710
Andrea Dee replied on Fri, Jun 14 2013 6:52 AM | Locked

Hi Mimi, yes the sausage bread is similar to what I've made in the past but I will use breakfast sausage and cheddar instead of Italian and Mozzarella.  Would you be kind enough to cut and paste me into a breakfast slot, I can't seem to do it.  Thanks

Andrea

• Post Points: 50
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,575
Points 47,490
Debbie-do replied on Fri, Jun 14 2013 7:12 AM | Locked

I have a bag of Starbucks Columbian already packed and was planning on buying some butter once we get there because I need some in my Sopapilla Cheesecake but the rest will be up for grabs. When we're out on our shop hop on Tuesday we can always stop at the store and load up on whatever we're running out of and I'll help with that.  I will help cook and clean too!

Southwest of San Antonio

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,016
Points 19,565
Beth Weigt replied on Fri, Jun 14 2013 7:15 AM | Locked

I have already purchased a large caffinated coffee and have said I will bring Splenda.  Since we are only doing one meal - we will step in and be sous chefs for anyone needing an extra pair of hands.  

Mimi I think I saw noon as check-in but I know Bill and I will be later than that.

Andrea - Bless your heart:)  I love you and know you can take kidding. 

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,016
Points 19,565
Beth Weigt replied on Fri, Jun 14 2013 7:18 AM | Locked

To everyone who met Bill last year - Just wait until you see him!  He has lost 90 pounds and uses his cane only occasionally.

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 981
Points 24,590
MaryLeeHayden replied on Fri, Jun 14 2013 7:36 AM | Locked

Andrea Dee:

Fear not Kathy, I will bring the Bagels and Cream Cheese.  I am absolutely appauled at the implication that I am anything other than a fine, upstanding and proper young lady.  My goodness, my etiquette teacher would be horrified!  Rest assured, I will get even with you Bethypoo.  As for Miss Faith, I promise no bad touch if you come!  Mimi, you are my only real friend.  Mary, I finished the Name tags, Do you want numbers on the back?  Kathy, Mary, Andrea, Mimi, Faith, Sukochi, Sara, Michelle, Debbie-do, Diana, Ashley, Susan, Janis, Carolyn, Sara, Beth, Darlene.  I made an extra blank one.  Did I get everyone?

Sadly, Faith will not be coming this time. Yes, numbers on the back will be good. Can you change that one to Sherry. I think Sara's friend is coming but not positive. She usually joins us so it would be nice to have one for her.

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 671
Points 12,810
Michelle replied on Fri, Jun 14 2013 7:44 AM | Locked

Check in is 12noon on Saturday? Correct? And then checkout is the next Sat at 12noon?  We will be leaving Texas on Thursday to head that way. Lots of quilt store stopping on the way. 

Michelle B

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 981
Points 24,590
MaryLeeHayden replied on Fri, Jun 14 2013 8:11 AM | Locked

So the big news first. My first grandchild is a boy!!! I'm so happy! Now I know what fabrics and yarns to use. DS called yesterday on their way home from the ultrasound. Those of you who know me, know I didn't have an etiquette teacher, like Andrea did. I'm talking to my son telling him some realities about being there next to Julissa while she is in labor, being considerate after (if you know what I mean) giving her time to adjust to life with baby, even told him about the Christening blanket I'm knitting.

Turns out, I was on speaker phone with her in the car! Can you imagine me going back through the conversation trying to remember if I said anything too bawdy? I would hate to offend my precious DIL. I owe him a smack upside the head when I next visit! 

My Phil has been going through medical tests. His last one is on Monday. You who know me, know how much I love that man and I'm freaking out a bit. He is the strong one. So if I've been a bit short or not as chatty, please understand. I'm sure he will be fine and it will be minor but why not panic first, right? lol

It looks like we will have plenty of food and don't worry too much about any empty breakfast slots. I'm always up early and will bring extra breakfast stuff...eggs, bacon, etc.

As for coffee...we can never have too much. Feel free to bring it. In the unlikely event there's any left, you can always take it home.

Will be bringing margarita ingredients and wine. Drinking is not required, just recommended since Andrea will be there. Just kidding...we respect one another's choice on this matter and we don't overdo so don't be frightened if you are a tea tottler.

Please feel free to stuff your vehicles with fabric as there is a supermarket nearby (by country standards). 

I'm so looking forward to seeing each of you. I really need this. It's been a difficult time for me personally and I'm so looking forward to a week of friends, laughter and talking...oh...and quilting once in a while! 

By the way...did I mention...

MY GRANDCHILD WILL BE A BOY!!!

Page 31 of 41 (602 items) «Prev2930313233Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use