Smoky Mountain Retreat June 22 - 29, 2013

rated by 0 users
This post has 601 Replies | 25 Followers

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 37
Points 765
Faith W replied on Thu, Jun 13 2013 6:34 PM | Locked

Mimi, thanks, but it's nothing bad like that.  I have a conflict that has arisen.  I will really, really miss you too.  Try if you can to keep Andrea in line.  Oy vey!!!!!!!

Faith - Hendersonville, NC

• Post Points: 50
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,854
Points 85,875
Sukochi replied on Thu, Jun 13 2013 6:39 PM | Locked

Faith, what a shame.  You must be so disappointed. We will miss you.

So, Ashley, looks like it's official and you are with me.

Dinner Sunday night is homemade chicken, tuna and egg salad, with fresh fruit. Easy peasy!  Any left overs, we can all feast on for lunch. 

I spent the day, or quite a bit of it, becoming a blond. And, I am totally blond. Look like a bombshell!!  One side of the hair is longer then the other side. Cost a fortune. Once I wash all the "goo" out of it that she put in, it will be so fluffy and cute. Right now, it is plastered to my head. 

Went and got new clothes too. Three shorts, three pair of capri's. So, I am set for summer.

Got to get in the sewing room and get some stuff done or I won't been ready to go. Can't believe it is only a week left. Yee Haw!

Sukochi

• Post Points: 5
Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,038
Points 19,895
Beth Weigt replied on Thu, Jun 13 2013 8:45 PM | Locked

Faith - we will certainly miss you!  Keep Andrea in line?  You must be kidding :)

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,038
Points 19,895

Faith - we will certainly miss you!  Keep Andrea in line?  You must be kidding :)

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,038
Points 19,895

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 72
Points 1,380
Janis Lindsey replied on Thu, Jun 13 2013 9:24 PM | Locked

Faith W:
I'm sorry guys, but something has come up that I won't be able to go.

Faith, I too am so sorry you won't be able to come,  I was looking so forward to seeing you again and thinking about you saying you needed to be a quilter cause we have so much fun.   Maybe next time. 

Janis

TN

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 415
Points 5,370
Kathy replied on Fri, Jun 14 2013 4:40 AM | Locked

well now we have lost our bagels and cream cheese, not to mention Faith!  Certainly hope it is nothing too serious Faith....we will miss you.

So, ok guys, if you want breakfast you need to step up and do a second meal or I will do them all and you can pitch in for the cost.  Just let me know so I know how to shop.

Also we need to make sure someone brings coffee, dish soap and paper towels.  Be sure to bring butter if you need it also.  I know we go thru a lot of coffee, butter and paper towels.

If we have lost Faith, have we lost Susan also?  If so, does that mean that Ashley, you will do Fri and sat breakfast alone?

Kathy

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,479
Points 41,345
Mimi replied on Fri, Jun 14 2013 5:30 AM | Locked

Kathy:
If we have lost Faith, have we lost Susan also?

I think we have just lost Faith.  Susan is not part of QCA so she's not able to come out and play yet. 

I'll bring the paper towels and a large regular plus a small decaf coffee.  Some of us like to sleep at night.  I don't use butter in much but IF I need it I'll bring it.  I'll volunteer for a breakfast but only if I can make French toast casserole and not on the same day I cook dinner.  That way I can make it the night before and DH can put it in to bake while I get my beauty sleep.  Let me know if that will be okay so I can pick up the supplies. Only a week left and I haven't even started to pack.  Not bringing much because I know I won't get a lot finished.  Maybe two or three UFO's and my new Jo Morton assignment.

• Post Points: 35
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,529
Points 31,110
Diana replied on Fri, Jun 14 2013 5:35 AM | Locked

I'm going to Sam's club today.  I'll bring coffee, butter and half and half creamers that don't need to be refrigerated.  They worked great last year.  I'll bring sugar for coffee as well.  If anyone uses artificial sweetener for coffee, you'll have to bring your own.  I'll pick up bagels, cream cheese for Thursday morning breakfast.  Also some Danish and coffee cake. 

Diana in East Tn.

• Post Points: 20
Top 200 Contributor
Posts 371
Points 6,725
Andrea Dee replied on Fri, Jun 14 2013 5:36 AM | Locked

Fear not Kathy, I will bring the Bagels and Cream Cheese.  I am absolutely appauled at the implication that I am anything other than a fine, upstanding and proper young lady.  My goodness, my etiquette teacher would be horrified!  Rest assured, I will get even with you Bethypoo.  As for Miss Faith, I promise no bad touch if you come!  Mimi, you are my only real friend.  Mary, I finished the Name tags, Do you want numbers on the back?  Kathy, Mary, Andrea, Mimi, Faith, Sukochi, Sara, Michelle, Debbie-do, Diana, Ashley, Susan, Janis, Carolyn, Sara, Beth, Darlene.  I made an extra blank one.  Did I get everyone?

Andrea

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,529
Points 31,110
Diana replied on Fri, Jun 14 2013 5:41 AM | Locked

Hey, Andrea,    Us New Yorkers must be thinking alike.   How would everyone like some Scrambled Eggs with crumbled bacon in it?????  Thursday morning and have bagels with them.  Now that's a breakfast.  I know some people need that good old protein to go with the breads.   I'll volunteer for that.

Diana in East Tn.

Top 200 Contributor
Posts 371
Points 6,725
Andrea Dee replied on Fri, Jun 14 2013 5:41 AM | Locked

Ok Diana, you get the Bagels and cream cheese, I'll make sausage/cheese and ham/cheese bread one morning.

Andrea

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,479
Points 41,345
Mimi replied on Fri, Jun 14 2013 5:45 AM | Locked

Andrea Dee:
Mimi, you are my only real friend. 

And you are my true friend too.  Be sure to save me a good space to sew. We're starting on Friday afternoon but don't know how far we will get before stopping for the night.  So we're not sure about when we'll arrive.  When is arrival time anyway?  I thought last year it was around noon?  Anyone heard from Darlene?  I'm praying continually for Larry's health to improve.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,479
Points 41,345
Mimi replied on Fri, Jun 14 2013 5:48 AM | Locked

Diana:
I'll bring coffee, butter and half and half creamers that don't need to be refrigerated. 

Should I still bring the regular large container of coffee or will yours be enough?  Let me know.

• Post Points: 35
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,479
Points 41,345
Mimi replied on Fri, Jun 14 2013 5:49 AM | Locked

Andrea Dee:
I'll make sausage/cheese and ham/cheese bread one morning.

Is that the bread you made last year.  It was fabulous.  Can't wait.  Which morning do you want?

Page 30 of 41 (602 items) «Prev2829303132Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use