Smoky Mountain Retreat June 22 - 29, 2013

rated by 0 users
This post has 601 Replies | 25 Followers

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,843
Points 85,675
Sukochi replied on Thu, Jun 13 2013 7:34 AM | Locked

Andrea, first time I went in to the church they had to call for the fire truck.  It was not pretty!

Kathy, I have popcorn every single afternoon. I love popcorn. If you are bringing it, I won't. What brand do you like? I am partial to Pop Weaver Movie Theatre Butter. 

I have no idea what a hoopa is but sounds like the police might be involved!

Better get goin'. Gonna be a busy day.

Oh, the salon is right next to the quilt shop. They should change the name to Cut N' Quilt!!

See YOUS!

Sukochi

• Post Points: 5
Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 981
Points 24,590
MaryLeeHayden replied on Thu, Jun 13 2013 8:16 AM | Locked

Debbie-do:

I'm so tired of thinking... did we decide I don't need to bring bed risers for the cutting tables or my  x-large cutting mat?

Not needed. Got them covered.

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 37
Points 765
Faith W replied on Thu, Jun 13 2013 8:17 AM | Locked

I don't smoke so I won't be bringing a hooka!!!  LOL  Y'all are on your own there.  And Miss Andrea ... my mind in the gutter?  WHAT??????  LOL  I'll try to keep it clean!!!  But get a couple of glasses of wine in me and I'm not responsible!

Faith - Hendersonville, NC

• Post Points: 20
Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 981
Points 24,590
MaryLeeHayden replied on Thu, Jun 13 2013 8:27 AM | Locked

I have rearranged room mates making Sukochi and Ashley roomies since they've gotten to know one another here. If anyone wants to contact Susan, she gave me permission to share her email with the group. She didn't ask, but please don't share anywhere else. 

Susan - Susan Grenfell susangrenfell@yahoo.com

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 981
Points 24,590
MaryLeeHayden replied on Thu, Jun 13 2013 8:33 AM | Locked

Meal sign up sheet here. Please copy and paste to add your names. With the change in room mates, I have put Sukochi and Ashley together. We still have 3 breakfasts but that can always be easy stuff...pastries, fruit, yogurt etc. Unless Kathy wants to commit us to all breakfasts! lol

Saturday Dinner: Mary's DH will BBQ, Kathy bringing some sides and anyone else can bring some. I will make Dump Cake for dessert.

Sunday Breakfast: Kathy and Mary

Sunday Dinner:  Sukochi & Ashley

Monday Breakfast: Kathy and Mary

Monday Dinner:  Andrea, Carolyn & Janis

Tuesday Breakfast: Kathy & Mary

Tuesday Dinner:  Mimi and Dave

Wednesday Breakfast:

Wednesday Dinner:      Michelle, Debbie-do, Diana

Thursday Breakfast:

Thursday Dinner:  Beth and Bill

Friday Breakfast: 

Friday Dinner: Eat out or left overs.

Saturday Breakfast:  Sara, Susan and Faith

I can make my infamous Soma Sausage (Italian sausage and soma this and soma that) for dinner if there is an open night. Lots of chopping help needed and a salad as well as garlic bread.

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,009
Points 19,440
Beth Weigt replied on Thu, Jun 13 2013 9:53 AM | Locked

Darlene - Prayers are with you!!  I hope you can come as I was going to work on a Chenille and might need hand holding :)

Everyone - Also, as I was cutting my projects this morning, I remembered how frustrated I was last year when I made a mistake sewing and didn't have my leftover fabric from cutting to continue my project. SO bring any leftovers in case they are needed to complete your project.

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 652
Points 12,310
Michelle replied on Thu, Jun 13 2013 9:54 AM | Locked

I still want to see these. Always need more ideas on my free motion  

Michelle B
Enjoy family, friends and hobbies

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 415
Points 5,370
Kathy replied on Thu, Jun 13 2013 11:26 AM | Locked

We can see how Darlene and Larry are doing because if they make it, she said she would take a breakfast.  Since I absolutely hate cold cereal or yogurt for breakfast, I will do whatever we have left.  I do like oatmeal, so I might do that one morning with fruit.  Sorry guys, but if I don't like it, I don't cook it.  But I will forgo my love of mushrooms for Mary's sake!  Plus if you don't like garlic or onions, you don't want to eat my food.  I can find a way to include both in most any dish.......well, maybe not oatmeal:)

Kathy

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 37
Points 765
Faith W replied on Thu, Jun 13 2013 11:45 AM | Locked

I will make orange french toast with OJ, bacon and sausage for breakfast Saturday.  And I planned on bringing fresh strawberries and peaches, so I'll throw in some bagels and cream cheese for Friday breakfast.

Saturday Dinner: Mary's DH will BBQ, Kathy bringing some sides and anyone else can bring some. I will make Dump Cake for dessert.

Sunday Breakfast: Kathy and Mary

Sunday Dinner:  Sukochi & Ashley

Monday Breakfast: Kathy and Mary

Monday Dinner:  Andrea, Carolyn & Janis

Tuesday Breakfast: Kathy & Mary

Tuesday Dinner:  Mimi and Dave

Wednesday Breakfast:

Wednesday Dinner:      Michelle, Debbie-do, Diana

Thursday Breakfast:

Thursday Dinner:  Beth and Bill

Friday Breakfast:   Faith and Kathy

Friday Dinner: Eat out or left overs.

Saturday Breakfast:  Sara, Susan and Faith

I can make my infamous Soma Sausage (Italian sausage and soma this and soma that) for dinner if there is an open night. Lots of chopping help needed and a salad as well as garlic bread.

• Post Points: 35
Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 415
Points 5,370
Kathy replied on Thu, Jun 13 2013 1:07 PM | Locked

Glad you posted that Faith because I was thinking of Orange French Toast for one morning, so I will cancel that thought.  I will do some kind of egg dish to go with your Bagels and Cream Cheese, LOVE Bagels and Cream Cheese!

Kathy

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,333
Points 20,025
Carolyn (CarolBeau) replied on Thu, Jun 13 2013 1:07 PM | Locked

I'm not going to this retreat, but I've been following the threads because I wanted to go so bad!  Lol.  Faith, would you mind sharing your recipe for orange french toast if it's not a secret?  French toast is one of my favorite foods and orange is one of my favorite flavors.  I have a chicken recipe that uses orange and maple syrup.  It sounds similar in a way.  

Raleigh, NC

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 37
Points 765
Faith W replied on Thu, Jun 13 2013 1:29 PM | Locked

Carolyn -- No secret.  I got the recipe from Pinterest!!!  LOL

http://www.scatteredthoughtsofacraftymom.com/2013/03/BakedFrenchtoast.html

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 37
Points 765
Faith W replied on Thu, Jun 13 2013 1:32 PM | Locked

Kathy -- Thanks for adding to it.  :)

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 37
Points 765
Faith W replied on Thu, Jun 13 2013 5:28 PM | Locked

I'm sorry guys, but something has come up that I won't be able to go.  :(  I will miss seeing all of you and know that you'll have a FABULOUS time.  I'll try to catch you at the next one.

• Post Points: 35
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,414
Points 40,215
Mimi replied on Thu, Jun 13 2013 5:47 PM | Locked

Faith W:
I'm sorry guys, but something has come up that I won't be able to go.  :( 

WHAT?????? Hope it's not something too upsetting.  Oh bummer!  We are going to really, really miss you.  Oh I feel terrible.  Is there anything we can do to make it so you can come?

• Post Points: 50
Page 29 of 41 (602 items) «Prev2728293031Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use