Smoky Mountain Retreat June 22 - 29, 2013

rated by 0 users
This post has 601 Replies | 25 Followers

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,843
Points 85,675
Sukochi replied on Wed, Jun 12 2013 6:03 PM | Locked

I have two Ott lights, one table top and one that can clamp on the edge of the table or sit on the table. I always use the table top. Does anyone need to use the other one?. I can throw it in the trailer with Debbie. and she can light our way!!

Sukochi

• Post Points: 20
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,537
Points 46,655
Debbie-do replied on Wed, Jun 12 2013 6:13 PM | Locked

We'd have to drive backwards!  Let's just get there before dark :)

Southwest of San Antonio

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,843
Points 85,675
Sukochi replied on Wed, Jun 12 2013 7:15 PM | Locked

It is called reverse, not backwards, you silly! And, Michelle has been trained to back up a trailer for about 4 hours. I think she said that.

Has anyone heard from Darlene?. I sure hope Larry is well enough by now to come to the retreat. I am worried about him/her. Prayer warriors unite around them!!

OK, back to work.

Sukochi

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 650
Points 12,285
Michelle replied on Wed, Jun 12 2013 8:07 PM | Locked

Sukochi,

I can back up the car, but not a trailer.  That is my husband that can do all the backing up of the RV. I just go along to look pretty!!  I'm getting the maps all ready for our trip.  Picking out our route and seeing where we will stay the night.  Also, we will be goggling all the quilt stores on the way!! 

Michelle B
Enjoy family, friends and hobbies

• Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,843
Points 85,675
Sukochi replied on Wed, Jun 12 2013 8:34 PM | Locked

You have an RV??? Alright! This is gonna be so cool.  So, what campground will you stay in?

I have heard, someplace, that Knoxville has lots, and Maryville, where Mary lives (wonder if that town is named after her? ) She can tell us how to find that one. There is one in Cleveland, but it is kinda dark and in a really dirty old building.

Going to bed. Tomorrow is makeover day. I am gonna be be-u-ti-full!!!!!

Sukochi

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 650
Points 12,285
Michelle replied on Wed, Jun 12 2013 8:47 PM | Locked

we have an RV, but husband is not coming on this trip. Only Debbie-do and I are driving the smaller car out there.  We would have lots of room if we did the RV!!  But we will have to budget space for this trip.  :(  Have a beautiful day tomorrow. 

Michelle B
Enjoy family, friends and hobbies

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,537
Points 46,655
Debbie-do replied on Wed, Jun 12 2013 9:22 PM | Locked

Would anyone be interested in watching some how-to videos on free motion quilting?  I have 4 Patsy Thompson videos I could bring along.  One is basic, one is advanced basic, one is feathers and one is vines & leaves.  Say the word and I'll find a spot to pack them in.

Southwest of San Antonio

• Post Points: 50
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,406
Points 40,100
Mimi replied on Wed, Jun 12 2013 9:34 PM | Locked

Debbie-do:
Say the word and I'll find a spot to pack them in.

I'd like to watch them but if you don't have the room I'm sure there will be plenty of other things to do.

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 482
Points 9,030
Darlene replied on Wed, Jun 12 2013 9:43 PM | Locked

Don't count me out yet .I will do any open meal .if I am doing breakfast it will be more like brunch for Kathy but what ever needs filling I will take.Still not a for sure though.They have still not pinpointed what is wrong with Larry and he is very sick , I am very stressed and tired  trying to run our business look after horses and mellow 8 boys testosterone because you know they all have Drs.degrees lol Hopto have better news tomorrow

Darlene

(2manyhorses) 

• Post Points: 65
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,406
Points 40,100
Mimi replied on Wed, Jun 12 2013 10:02 PM | Locked

Darlene, will keep positive thoughts and prayers continually on you and Larry.  Our son was very, very sick once.  It took a long time for the doctors to figure out what was wrong and then what to do about it.  But he did get better. It was the worst three weeks of my life.  I know Larry's doctors are all trying their best.  Prayers also for peace, strength and good rest for you. Hoping you have some type of support through family or friends to help you.  Know we are all keeping you close to our hearts.

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 72
Points 1,380
Janis Lindsey replied on Wed, Jun 12 2013 10:02 PM | Locked

Darlene, we are sure thinking  of you and Larry and keeping you in our prayers.   Planning on seeing you soon.

Janis

TN

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 415
Points 5,370
Kathy replied on Thu, Jun 13 2013 3:37 AM | Locked

So many prayers going out for Larry.....we need you both and in order to have you with us, I can deal with brunch!  Plus sounds like you really need the warmth and rest, See you soon (positive thinking!)

Kathy

• Post Points: 35
Top 200 Contributor
Posts 371
Points 6,710
Andrea Dee replied on Thu, Jun 13 2013 6:28 AM | Locked

Darlene, I hope all goes well with Larry, I need you at this retreat or who will keep me at my machine!  Hey Kathy, did I hear some one is bringing popcorn...I didn't know it was your birthday.  Twins, Groovy on the dinner, just tell me what to bring. Mimi, I am so pumped up, can't wait to play with you.  Faith, get your mind out of the gutter.  Mary, I love you, you da best !  Sukochi, you might want to keep your Bibles away from me, they might burst into flames (meant to funny).  I suppose I might get shot cuz you aint never gonna hear y'all come out of this mouth.  See yous guys soon!

Andrea

Top 200 Contributor
Posts 371
Points 6,710
Andrea Dee replied on Thu, Jun 13 2013 6:28 AM | Locked

Darlene, I hope all goes well with Larry, I need you at this retreat or who will keep me at my machine!  Hey Kathy, did I hear some one is bringing popcorn...I didn't know it was your birthday.  Twins, Groovy on the dinner, just tell me what to bring. Mimi, I am so pumped up, can't wait to play with you.  Faith, get your mind out of the gutter.  Mary, I love you, you da best !  Sukochi, you might want to keep your Bibles away from me, they might burst into flames (meant to funny).  I suppose I might get shot cuz you aint never gonna hear y'all come out of this mouth.  See yous guys soon!

Andrea

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 415
Points 5,370
Kathy replied on Thu, Jun 13 2013 6:53 AM | Locked

I always bring popcorn, I could live on it, but it ain't my birthday!  I am going to sit at my machine all day everyday so I don't have to hear all those yous!

Can hardly wait to be back with all yous again!  Particularly the Twins as they keep us all in line!  Faith, are you bringing the hooka?

Kathy

• Post Points: 35
Page 28 of 41 (602 items) «Prev2627282930Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use