Smoky Mountain Retreat June 22 - 29, 2013

rated by 0 users
This post has 601 Replies | 25 Followers

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 981
Points 24,590
MaryLeeHayden replied on Sun, Jun 2 2013 6:43 PM | Locked

We are going to take Patches to the Brother shop in Knoxville. If it's not too expensive, we will get him fixed. If not, I will need to borrow. Doesn't matter the brand. Just don't want to do handwork all week. lol

• Post Points: 35
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,425
Points 40,390
Mimi replied on Sun, Jun 2 2013 7:31 PM | Locked

Mary I have a cute little featherweight named Barbara that I could bring.  Let me know.  She's as old as I am.  LOL

• Post Points: 20
Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 415
Points 5,370
Kathy replied on Mon, Jun 3 2013 4:50 AM | Locked

Mary, I would take up Mimi's offer and then forget to return Barbara when she leaves:)

Kathy

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,425
Points 40,390
Mimi replied on Mon, Jun 3 2013 5:37 AM | Locked

Well Sophie (my other older featherweight) would miss her and I know I'd never get her to stop complaining.  And now I know why I can't wait to get to be with everyone. I need to laugh like you made me laugh this AM, Kathy.  Have a great day.  Only 18 more days!!

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 654
Points 12,395
Michelle replied on Mon, Jun 3 2013 7:55 AM | Locked

Does anyone else need another sewing machine during the week? I have 2 featherweights and was going to bring both with us. Mine is purple and the other is a beautiful red that has just been painted. I call mine "Grape Poupon", but haven't named the red one yet. 

Michelle B
Enjoy family, friends and hobbies

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,009
Points 19,440
Beth Weigt replied on Mon, Jun 3 2013 2:36 PM | Locked

Finally , starting to gather my wits about the retreat.

GAMES - Diana has offered to bring her 2-1/2" strips but if you are cutting --

Poker

In Branson we cur 2-1/2" X WOF and then cut those in half so we had strips about 22-23" long.  The information from Judy-T recommends 75-100.  I took 80 to

Branson and had some leftovers.

Left-Right-Center (L-R-C)

Bring 9 extra strips - this allows for playing three games.

PAPER-PIECING

I have some leftover "kits" I made last year and will bring again.  I currently am working on a project, and if not done by June 19th, I'll bring along.

ROOK

I think I played years ago but don't remember how anymore :(

MACHINES

Mary - since others have offered machines that are nearer to you or lighter to transport, I will recind my offer as the embroidery machine is a bear to lug around.

MEALS

Mary - have meals been assigned yet?

Once again we are driving to Bardstown, KY before the retreat to take the dinner train again and visit another train site. We will leave Bardstown early Saturday and drive to the Lodge.  Mimi - Be safe driving and tell Dave that Bill will also indulge in his beer again.  I will be bringing a can of coffee and sweetner (Splenda) and probably my favorite Reisling again.  Can't wait to see everyone (both "old" friends and "new)!!!!!!

• Post Points: 35
Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 415
Points 5,370
Kathy replied on Mon, Jun 3 2013 3:02 PM | Locked

Beth, in all the strip pokers I have played we used the full WOF x 2 1/2".  Don't you think more could be done with the full strip?

what were we using 5" charm packs for?  I thought someone said earlier that that was the LRC game.  Are we changing that game to use strips?

I may need to repack:)  You guys must be pikers in betting if you only took 80 and had some left.  Just a warning, I Bet BIG!!!hahaha..are you scared now?

Have a safe trip!

Kathy

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,009
Points 19,440
Beth Weigt replied on Mon, Jun 3 2013 4:15 PM | Locked

CORRECTION!!

Sorry I forgot about the  charm squares for LRC.  Bring at least 9 as that will let you play three games.

Thanks Kathy for catching this.

• Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,466
Points 116,680
Judy Taylor-Bellingham replied on Mon, Jun 3 2013 6:43 PM | Locked

Beth Weigt:

Poker

In Branson we cur 2-1/2" X WOF and then cut those in half so we had strips about 22-23" long.  The information from Judy-T recommends 75-100.  I took 80 to Branson and had some leftovers.

I was a major loser at the Strip poker game. I think I lost nearly everything. By the way everyone, you don't really play poker and don't actually make bets. Have fun you guys. We did.

In the beautiful Pacific Northwest!

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 33
Points 630
Ashley replied on Tue, Jun 4 2013 7:21 AM | Locked

I might get Boo'ed by asking.. but does this place have wifi?  How about cellular signal (specifically AT&T!!)?

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,847
Points 85,755
Sukochi replied on Tue, Jun 4 2013 10:34 AM | Locked

Ashley:

I might get Boo'ed by asking.. but does this place have wifi?  How about cellular signal (specifically AT&T!!)?

Sure it does. There are some areas that have a hard time with phone connectivity , but this is not one. As, yes the cabin does have wifi. Gosh, how could there be a retreat without instant photos to share.

I am So over the top excited about this retreat.

I hope y'all won't mind if I do not take part in these games. I am spending way more then I could, to just attend, so there will not be enough to bring this much fabric for the games. I can spend some prime hot tub time. Let your games begin.

Sukochi

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,425
Points 40,390
Mimi replied on Tue, Jun 4 2013 4:00 PM | Locked

Sukochi:
I hope y'all won't mind if I do not take part in these games.

I don't mind that you don't play the games but I know we will all have enough strips and charm squares to share.  We don't want you to miss the fun.  I'll bring extra for you Sukochi.  Of course the choice is yours whether to play or not.  The hot tub is pretty awesome too.  I'm also going to send you PM.  Please look for it.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,541
Points 46,765
Debbie-do replied on Tue, Jun 4 2013 5:46 PM | Locked

Mimi:

Sukochi:
I hope y'all won't mind if I do not take part in these games.

I don't mind that you don't play the games but I know we will all have enough strips and charm squares to share.  We don't want you to miss the fun.  I'll bring extra for you Sukochi.  Of course the choice is yours whether to play or not.  The hot tub is pretty awesome too.  I'm also going to send you PM.  Please look for it.

I'm bringing extra too.  I have more fabric than I know what to do with!  Please play with us, Sukochi!

Southwest of San Antonio

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,847
Points 85,755
Sukochi replied on Tue, Jun 4 2013 6:02 PM | Locked

Okay, OKAY!! I will play with all of you.  

I never went to summer camp, when I was a kid, never went to college and lived in a dorm. I went from my Mom's house to my house. This is going to be a total first for me. Oh, wait. I did go to an FBLA convention once junior year.  First time I had been in a car with intermittent windshield wipers. I thought that was the coolest thing I had ever seen. Anyway, I am so looking forward to just playing, and sewing, and playing some more. This is gonna be like a big birthday party for Debbie-do, who's birthday is the 14th of this month, and me, which is one day after Debbie's. So, let's P A R T Y!

Sukochi

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,497
Points 30,470
Diana replied on Tue, Jun 4 2013 6:43 PM | Locked

Sukochi,   I'm bringing a bucket full of strips and 5 inch squares for the games.  I took them to Branson too and some found stuff they liked.  You can help yourself.  We had lots of fun so you have to join in.

Diana in East Tn.

Page 19 of 41 (602 items) «Prev1718192021Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use