rated by 0 users
This post has 601 Replies | 25 Followers

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,630
Points 48,795
Debbie-do replied on Thu, May 30 2013 9:45 AM | Locked

Sukochi:
I haven't asked Debbie what that  vehicle is yet. Hoping not a motorcycle with a side car.
  I'll defer to Michelle on that one.  There's a fair amount of space.  I was going to be a smarty pants and tell you we're coming in a VW Beetle, but I won't.  :-)

I'm guessing there are design walls in place but again I defer to those in the know!

Southwest of San Antonio

• Post Points: 20
Not Ranked
Female
Posts 33
Points 630
Ashley replied on Thu, May 30 2013 10:13 AM | Locked

If there is not a cutting mat, I don't mind bringing mine (36.x24-ish).  I'm all by my lonesome and driving a van, so there's plenty of room!  It'll be nice for it to see daylight!  That's about all I'm good for, though.  I have one ruler that came with it, the 6x24-ish one.

Ashley in TN

• Post Points: 5
Not Ranked
Female
Posts 33
Points 630
Ashley replied on Thu, May 30 2013 10:23 AM | Locked

Mary:

Ashley I'm so glad you joined us here. As you can see, everyone is excited about the retreat. It will be such fun and it will be great to meet you. I'm sorry I didn't welcome you yesterday. I get very weird illnesses and right now have esophagitis, which makes swallowing very painful. I was also running a bit of a fever yesterday so spent much of the day in bed.

Thank you Debbie-do for welcoming Ashley. She is new to QCA as I met her on another quilting board. She is not too far from me so that excites me too.

I'm so glad you ladies are taking on leadership for games and activities. That helps so much! Thank you!

Mary,

I'm VERY excited!!  I see I'm PIF so that's a relief!  I can't wait to learn stuff and have fun and be homesick and meet new people!  BTW, I'll bring a pack of Rook cards too

Ashley in TN

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,854
Points 85,875
Sukochi replied on Thu, May 30 2013 10:40 AM | Locked

Ashley, this will be my first retreat, also. I did stop in very briefly to this one last year and those ladies were just having such a great time. It is OUR turn this year.

My sister lives in Tullahoma, TN, about an hour south of Nashville. Where are you?

Sukochi

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,630
Points 48,795
Debbie-do replied on Thu, May 30 2013 11:05 AM | Locked

Inquiring minds...  I was scrolling through last year's thread on the Smokey Mountain Retreat and I'm thinking maybe there aren't design walls.  Then I got to wondering... are there tables set up for cutting... for ironing... or :

1. Do we need to bring ironing boards and irons?

2. Do we need to bring cutting mats?

3. I have a set of bed risers I can bring if we need to make a regular table a little higher for cutting... should I bring them?

4. Are there design walls or should I bring mine along too?  I made it to hang on a curtain rod.

Southwest of San Antonio

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 986
Points 24,705
MaryLeeHayden replied on Thu, May 30 2013 11:22 AM | Locked

Sara has ironing boards, I believe. She also has tall table for cutting. I will be bringing my matt. I will be bringing a design wall (flannel backed table cloth) but if anyone wants to bring theirs, I'm sure we could use them.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,854
Points 85,875
Sukochi replied on Thu, May 30 2013 12:11 PM | Locked

"k, then it sounds like we might need irons. I can bring one or if Debbie, or Michelle want to bring one for our group that work for me. No since bringing more then we would need. I will bring my design wall, as well. That should cover that.

Coffee Maker????? How may are they? Should I bring mine??

All I can think of right now. Eating lunch while doing this and taste takes precedence over thought. ; D

Sukochi

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 33
Points 630
Ashley replied on Thu, May 30 2013 12:45 PM | Locked

Sukochi:

My sister lives in Tullahoma, TN, about an hour south of Nashville. Where are you?

I am about 30 minutes north-east of Knoxville.  I'm not very far from the cabin, at least "as the crow flies"... maybe an hour?  At least I know if I forget something, my husband can bring it to me or I can go home and get it! 

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 33
Points 630
Ashley replied on Thu, May 30 2013 12:48 PM | Locked

I can bring a big cutting mat and a few irons.  I use a lot of glue so I'll use my own iron for that anyway!  For some reason, I have 3-4 irons!  (not all of them steam, tho!)

• Post Points: 35
Top 200 Contributor
Posts 371
Points 6,725
Andrea Dee replied on Thu, May 30 2013 12:54 PM | Locked

Sukochi,  there is a huge coffee pot and a regular coffee pot, but bring coffee, we always run out of coffee.

Carolyn, don't worry I've got the Bloody Marys covered!

Darlene, I'm not intimidated by you.

Faith, you are too funny...we gonna have us some fun!

Andrea

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,630
Points 48,795
Debbie-do replied on Thu, May 30 2013 1:41 PM | Locked

I'll be bringing a bag of Starbucks coffee for those of us who like their coffee nice and strong like we do!   Someone I know is *ahem* a Starbucks junkie... but I'm not naming names!

Milk and sugar... bring our own?

Southwest of San Antonio

• Post Points: 35
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,529
Points 31,110
Diana replied on Thu, May 30 2013 4:35 PM | Locked

Ashley,    Welcome and this will be a really fun retreat.  Meeting friends and making new ones.  Where in East Tn. are you?  I'm in Morristown.  Been here about 8 years from upstate NY.  Retired and headed south.  Love being here because I can go to the mountains in a short time.  I can drive to Charleston, SC in 6 hours or Myrtle Beach also in the same time.  I go up home every year but love it here too.  I've been quilting for over 15 years and get lots of charity quilts done.  I need to make one for my own bed now.  Can't wait to meet up with you at the retreat.

Diana in East Tn.

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 415
Points 5,370
Kathy replied on Thu, May 30 2013 4:51 PM | Locked

Yes, if you want milk and sugar, you should bring it.  We make coffee about 5am in the big pot because that takes about an hour,  We make the small pot also for those of us that are up and need a cup faast, but after that it should be free for your Starbucks strong strong stuff.

Kathy

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 415
Points 5,370
Kathy replied on Thu, May 30 2013 4:53 PM | Locked

Ashley looking forward to meeting you, welcome!  You probably nly need to bring the one iron you want to use for glue.....ummmm!  what are you gluing?

Kathy

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 33
Points 630
Ashley replied on Thu, May 30 2013 5:56 PM | Locked

Diana:

Ashley,    Welcome and this will be a really fun retreat.  Meeting friends and making new ones.  Where in East Tn. are you?  I'm in Morristown.  Been here about 8 years from upstate NY.  Retired and headed south.  Love being here because I can go to the mountains in a short time.  I can drive to Charleston, SC in 6 hours or Myrtle Beach also in the same time.  I go up home every year but love it here too.  I've been quilting for over 15 years and get lots of charity quilts done.  I need to make one for my own bed now.  Can't wait to meet up with you at the retreat.

Diana in East Tn.

I'm not far from you!  I'm in Luttrell

Page 16 of 41 (602 items) «Prev1415161718Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use