Smoky Mountain Retreat June 22 - 29, 2013

rated by 0 users
This post has 601 Replies | 25 Followers

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 33
Points 630
Ashley replied on Wed, May 29 2013 1:03 PM | Locked

Hey Y'all!  I'm Ashley and I will be meetin you next month.  I'm really excited, because I've never been on a retreat before and I really haven't done much social-wise as far as quilting is concerned.  I'm also a new quilter, so I'll probably spend a lot of time watching and learning. 

I hand-quilt and machine quilt, but I hate cutting so I don't make many tops.  As a matter of fact, I'm going to leave my cutting stuff at home!  I am going to try applique so if anybody wants to take me under their wing to help me out with that, it'd be much appreciated! 

I don't snore and I've never cooked for a large group.  I will, however, be the one with extra sunscreen, if anyone needs any!

Ashley in TN

• Post Points: 50
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,509
Points 30,695
Diana replied on Wed, May 29 2013 1:17 PM | Locked

If someone is new to quilting and doesn't have a lot of 2 1/2 inch strips or 5 inch blocks, I have a box full that I took to Branson for the games.  It was fun and I have quite an assortment so anyone can help themselves instead of cutting up new yardage. 

Diana in East Tn. 

• Post Points: 35
Top 200 Contributor
Posts 371
Points 6,725
Andrea Dee replied on Wed, May 29 2013 2:59 PM | Locked

Hi all,

I am getting so excited, can't wait to see you's guys.  Mary, yes I am bringing name tags.  I will be up friday and no I'm not driving with Kathy, she won't let me in her car, she says I smell.  By the way, My 2 first grandbabies have now turned into 3 (twins).  Mimi, I'm bringing my new Baby (Elna), sooo happy with it.  Can't wait to see the twins, glad we are rooming together and yes Janis I am bringing "my little friend".  Is Kathy rooming with us cuz I kinda think she smells.  WooHoo for Andrea...she's taken a lover (that means your out Faith)!  Talk to you soon!  By the way for those of you who don't know me, just kidding about the smell!

Andrea

• Post Points: 80
Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 415
Points 5,370
Kathy replied on Wed, May 29 2013 3:35 PM | Locked

WOW Andrea, twins is even more exciting but what about the lover...better update us on that!  No, I am not going to room with you for the same reason I don't drive with you:)

Kathy

• Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,849
Points 85,825
Sukochi replied on Wed, May 29 2013 3:57 PM | Locked

Andrea Dee:

Hi all,

I am getting so excited, can't wait to see you's guys.  Mary, yes I am bringing name tags.  I will be up friday and no I'm not driving with Kathy, she won't let me in her car, she says I smell.  By the way, My 2 first grandbabies have now turned into 3 (twins).  Mimi, I'm bringing my new Baby (Elna), sooo happy with it.  Can't wait to see the twins, glad we are rooming together and yes Janis I am bringing "my little friend".  Is Kathy rooming with us cuz I kinda think she smells.  WooHoo for Andrea...she's taken a lover (that means your out Faith)!  Talk to you soon!  By the way for those of you who don't know me, just kidding about the smell!

Andrea, So glad you will be there. This is just gonna be so much fun!!. Where is Fl are you coming from?? Are you coming up I-75? I am planning to ride from Chatt with Debbie and Michelle, but if you would have room and are coming this way. that might be easier for them not to have to stop for me. 

Sukochi

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,849
Points 85,825
Sukochi replied on Wed, May 29 2013 3:59 PM | Locked

Debbie, I am just asking, OK? I don't want to upset you if you are OK with me riding along. You wouldn't have to stop in CHATT for the night, this way. What say you, Debbie and Andrea?

Sukochi

• Post Points: 20
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,579
Points 47,555
Debbie-do replied on Wed, May 29 2013 4:11 PM | Locked

:o)  Sukochi, it's fine to ask... I haven't talked to Michelle yet since we're both working right now.  Gathering options is a good thing!

Southwest of San Antonio

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,579
Points 47,555
Debbie-do replied on Wed, May 29 2013 5:37 PM | Locked

Hi Ashley!  Looking forward to meeting you in a few weeks.  If you're doing needle turn applique, I can't help you!  All I've done is fusable.  I thought someone said Gini may make an appearance... she may be your goto on that front.  This will be my second retreat and I am so looking forward to it.

Southwest of San Antonio

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,849
Points 85,825
Sukochi replied on Wed, May 29 2013 5:53 PM | Locked

You really should have your mouth washed out with soap for even saying "needle turn" applique. I can not do that not matter how I try. Took a sampler quilt class once, and had to chose two other blocks, then the sunbonnet kids as I could not do that. And, not like them either, anyway.

Sukochi

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 490
Points 9,250
Darlene replied on Wed, May 29 2013 6:01 PM | Locked

I was just going to say Diana has so many 21/2 strips she needs a wheel barrow to play.Both games are so much fun ,lots of laughs and so easy to play.Well Andrea I see you will be warming your sewing chair and not the veranda chair if you are sewing for 3 grandbabies congrats! We will have to play our games in the daylight hours as we all know Kathy likes to read books as the sun goes down LOLI would like to learn the binding technique just a question do the mice or fairies do the hand sewing?Can't wait to see everyone.

Darlene(2manyhorses)

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,459
Points 40,890
Mimi replied on Wed, May 29 2013 6:04 PM | Locked

Andrea Dee:
My 2 first grandbabies have now turned into 3 (twins). 

Wow you'll really have to be busy now Andrea...three baby quilts instead of two.  That new Elna will be smokin'.  Can't wait to see her.  Will you let me see how purdy she is and how great she runs?  So who's this lover person and what great stories are we in for?  Only 24 more days to go.  Judy T can't you please come too?

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,459
Points 40,890
Mimi replied on Wed, May 29 2013 6:05 PM | Locked

Sukochi:
Did I say I am EXCITED??????????????????????

And Sukochi we are so glad you are coming too.  Just met you for a minute last year.  Hope we can really get to be good friends this time around.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,459
Points 40,890
Mimi replied on Wed, May 29 2013 6:14 PM | Locked

Ashley:
I will, however, be the one with extra sunscreen, if anyone needs any!

That's good to hear because the only thing I ever do is burn.  Glad to meet you Ashley and glad you are coming too.  There are many who are attending retreat who will be glad to help you learn most anything you would want to learn.  Why last year Andrea had never even made her first quilt. i was thinking of bringing one of my UFO's that has a lot of applique on it. We'll see..... but glad that you are going to be there.

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 37
Points 765
Faith W replied on Wed, May 29 2013 6:15 PM | Locked

I am jealous Andrea.  I thought you were my one and only!!!!!!!!!!!  LMAO.  Y'all are talking about strip poker, etc., and I don't have a clue about that.  I'm just so glad to be coming and see you crazies again.  I know you'll laugh at my pitiful stuff, especially you Andrea (and yes you do too smell!!!  LOL).  See y'all then!!!!!!!!!!  Yippee!!!!

Faith - Hendersonville, NC

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,849
Points 85,825
Sukochi replied on Wed, May 29 2013 6:15 PM | Locked

Oh, Mimi, I am looking so forward to spending time with you, also. I can;t believe this. So excited.

Sukochi

Page 14 of 41 (602 items) «Prev1213141516Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use