Smoky Mountain Retreat June 22 - 29, 2013

rated by 0 users
This post has 601 Replies | 25 Followers

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 415
Points 5,370
Kathy replied on Mon, Apr 29 2013 10:36 AM | Locked

You always do!  Must be that magic smile you flash at them!

Kathy

• Post Points: 5
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,479
Points 41,345
Mimi replied on Mon, Apr 29 2013 4:07 PM | Locked

Oh Mary you are such a teaser!!  And you always get such wonderful prizes.  This is getting more and more exciting to think about.  Thanks for the happy thoughts to keep me positive during the most hectic time of the school year.

• Post Points: 20
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,633
Points 48,810
Debbie-do replied on Tue, Apr 30 2013 12:31 PM | Locked

Hey there!  Michelle and I will be joining you and maybe 2 more... still waiting to hear from them.  I've told Mary and can't wait to hear more details.  Are you doing a block swap?  Do you know when check-in time on the 22nd is?  I just got back from my first ever quilt retreat and had a blast. 

Southwest of San Antonio

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,479
Points 41,345
Mimi replied on Tue, Apr 30 2013 4:00 PM | Locked

Debbie-do:
Hey there!  Michelle and I will be joining you and maybe 2 more..

Oh this is great news.  I can't wait to meet you and Michelle.  The more the merrier.  Thanks for making my day.  New quilty friends.  WaHoo!!

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,049
Points 20,025
Beth Weigt replied on Tue, Apr 30 2013 7:20 PM | Locked

Debbie - Yeah!!  The more the merrier and new friends to boot.   I don't think we are doing blocks but Mary will let us know for sure.  I am so ready to be at this retreat and I know everyone else is getting excited also.

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 986
Points 24,705
MaryLeeHayden replied on Wed, May 1 2013 10:29 AM | Locked

Our Smoky Mountain retreat for 2013 will again be the last full week in June at the Lodge at Douglas Lake. We still have up to 12 spaces left. The cost will be $200.00 and we have 25 spaces. The list is as follows. If you told me you wanted to come when you were here in June or October of this year, please message me and remind me.

The lodge has a 1200 square foot room where we set up our machines and workspace for the week. It's really the perfect venue for a quilting retreat.

Here is who is coming at this point. If I've missed anyone or made any mistakes, please message me.

1. Mary
  2. Andrea Dee - Deposit received - $100
  3. Kathy Fritz - PIF
  4. Carolyn (Sister of Janis) - Deposit received - $75
  5. Janis (Sister of Carolyn) - Deposit received - $75
  6. Mimi - PIF
  7. Dave - PIF
  8. Beth - PIF
  9. Bill - PIF
  10. Diana - PIF
  11. Ann Johnson
  12. Darlene
  13. Larry
  14. Debbie
  15. Michelle Barkley 

We will be bringing our own food again and I will assign each room a meal, either breakfast or dinner. Lunch will be leftovers or sandwiches. We will also do our gift exchange and have a trash to treasure table. This was such fun and Sara Wall, who is a member here and the owner of the lodge, is a wonderful, gracious hostess.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,479
Points 41,345
Mimi replied on Wed, May 1 2013 3:48 PM | Locked

I don't see Susan and Bob on the listing.  Have they decided not to come?  Oh that would make me sad.  Please say it isn't so.........

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 55
Points 1,025
Sara Wall replied on Thu, May 2 2013 8:34 AM | Locked

Well ladies and gents, the lake is up, the boat is floating, and the weather here is beautiful. What other retreat offers free sunset lake cruises after a long day at the machine? We've added two fans to the sewing room and several other improvements since you were here last year.

As I set up for another group coming in this week-end I am thinking of you all. Can't wait to see you and hope we have a great group again this year. Thank you Mary for doing all the organizational work to make this retreat happen. I know the games, food, company, and sewing will be fabulous. See you all soon!

Sara

• Post Points: 65
Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 415
Points 5,370
Kathy replied on Thu, May 2 2013 10:47 AM | Locked

Sara, it is hard to imagine improvements to perfection!  Cannot wait!

Kathy

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,633
Points 48,810
Debbie-do replied on Thu, May 2 2013 1:10 PM | Locked

The check is in the mail!   Woo Hoo!!  I'm doing my happy dance :o)

Southwest of San Antonio

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 37
Points 765
Faith W replied on Thu, May 2 2013 1:48 PM | Locked

Ready or not I'm coming for a couple days!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  I had my scrapbooking retreat last weekend and figured why not, and I'm bringing my sewing machine instead of my scrapbooking!!!!  I can't wait to see all of you again!!!  I'll be there on Friday the 28th and Saturday the 29th, so count me in on helping out with the food!!!

Faith

Faith - Hendersonville, NC

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,479
Points 41,345
Mimi replied on Thu, May 2 2013 3:34 PM | Locked

Faith W:
 I'll be there on Friday the 28th and Saturday the 29th,

Faith,

So glad you could join us again.  Hoping to see lots of quilts or at least patterns you are considering.  Are you going to come on Fri. AM or Thurs. PM?  Can't wait to see you again. This is great news!!

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,479
Points 41,345
Mimi replied on Thu, May 2 2013 3:37 PM | Locked

Sara,

The Lodge is just perfect the way it is.  Although making improvements is good too.  Glad the enrollment is gradually increasing.  Better get busy with my gifties soon.  See you for a nice relaxing week at the end of June.  Can't come soon enough for me.....

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 37
Points 765
Faith W replied on Thu, May 2 2013 4:21 PM | Locked

Mimi, if I come alone I will come Thursday evening.  I am hoping that my friend Penny that was at the last retreat will come with me, and if that's the case we will probably come Friday AM.  We would like to share a room if that's the case.  She's been having medical issues and wasn't even able to come to my scrapbook retreat.  I will let you know as soon as I have the word from her.

Faith - Hendersonville, NC

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,479
Points 41,345
Mimi replied on Thu, May 2 2013 8:41 PM | Locked

Faith W:
She's been having medical issues and wasn't even able to come to my scrapbook retreat.

Sorry to hear about Penny.  Please give her my best. Hope she can make it too. Be sure to contact Sara or Mary about the timing of everything and room situation.

Page 9 of 41 (602 items) «Prev7891011Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use