This post has 601 Replies | 25 Followers

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,849
Points 85,825
Sukochi replied on Mon, Mar 4 2013 8:03 AM | Locked

Mimi:

LaJuan Sukochi Lee:
I didn't mean to ruffle feathers. I tend t say it as I see it.

No feathers ruffled here.  I think honesty is the best policy.  I just know that we could fill the spots if we could get the word out to more people.  Thanks for sending a message to the quilters in Branson.  I'll try contacting the ones I know from last year and in the fall.  Let's help Mary round up some more new friends.  Gotta go get ready for work today so this will have to wait until later.   Have a great day!!

Well, Angele and Star both saw it on the Branson forum.  Though, the Amish retreat is also in June and that seems to be where most are going. I think there are too many retreats. Spread everyone too thin.

Sukochi

• Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,849
Points 85,825
Sukochi replied on Mon, Mar 4 2013 8:06 AM | Locked

Where has Sabrina gone to? haven't seen her on the forums in ages. She was there last year.

Sukochi

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 981
Points 24,590
MaryLeeHayden replied on Mon, Mar 4 2013 12:01 PM | Locked

LaJuan Sukochi Lee:

Mimi, I would say the Branson Retreat cut the throat of the S.M. Retreat. As, so many  in Branson were in TN, last June. You can't go to all of them. I was desperate to come to the S.M. Retreat, but have not gotten Jim on board, yet.

I doubt that is the case. Last year we had the Virginia Beach retreat in April, a lot closer together, but both were sold out. Perhaps it's just the economy. If we don't get at least 20 by the end of March, I will cancel with Sara so she can rent it out and find a smaller place. We WILL have this retreat. I need it! lol

• Post Points: 35
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,334
Points 20,045
Carolyn (CarolBeau) replied on Mon, Mar 4 2013 1:51 PM | Locked

For what it's worth, I've been eyeing this retreat and I'd love to go next year, but this year doesn't work for us.  We have 3 weddings this year (2 are out of town) and we just don't have enough days off to do much this year.  We had a vacation planning meeting and this, unfortunately, did not make the cut.  I'm going to try again next year if it happens again.

Raleigh, NC

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,455
Points 40,810
Mimi replied on Mon, Mar 4 2013 4:08 PM | Locked

Mary:
We WILL have this retreat. I need it!

Hi Mary, 

That is such good news because I need it too.  You work so hard to make these retreats so much fun.  I need my fix of laughter and fun.  Thanks for everything you are doing for this.  If I can help let me know.

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 415
Points 5,370
Kathy replied on Tue, Mar 5 2013 2:44 PM | Locked

OMG, this absolutely CANNOT be cancelled.  My computer broke 6 days ago so I have been without arms and legs.  Just got my new one an hour ago and saw all these messages buzzing back and forth.  I cannot believe we cannot get the group together.  Did we contact all the girls that were at the Fall Fabric Frenzy? We could open it up to non quilters, like the scrapbookers, if necessary.

Mary, I know you and I really need this and I know I am far away, but is there ANYTHING I can do to help you?  What if we lowered the number required and maybe raised our price by $50?  Where is Nana and Barbara, are they not coming this year?

Kathy

• Post Points: 20
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,455
Points 40,810
Mimi replied on Tue, Mar 5 2013 5:30 PM | Locked

Hi Kathy,

I know Barbara already said she couldn't make it but I don't know about Nana.  I've PM's Sabina a while ago but she wouldn't commit at that time.  I  am going to try Sharon.  Maybe you know the names and contacts of the Fall Frenzy group and could put the word out?   I didn't stay in contact with them.  Also Mary said the retreat would not be canceled just moved to a different location.  We need at least 20 by the end of March to stay at the Lodge. Glad you are back on site.  hope you are feeling better from your previous ailment and can help find some more people to attend the retreat.

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 415
Points 5,370
Kathy replied on Wed, Mar 6 2013 12:24 PM | Locked

Mimi, I found the email list that I think Faith sent out of attendees at the FFF, so I sent an email out to all of them this morning...BEGGING for participants!  Hopefully, we can pick up 2 or 3 anyway as it seemed that most were from TN and the Carolina's, so not a real long drive.

I bet all those girls fighting snow and a new storm coming to get to Branson wish they were in TN in June:)  I know I was originally going to go to Branson, but cancelled out way early as I was fearfull of the weather this time of year...it sure has been a brutal one for you all. And thanks for asking about my health.  I am feeling better just have a condition I am going to have to live with and regulate accordingly.  Worse than being sick though really was the loss of a computer for 6 days:)

Mary, don't be mad at me, just trying to get bodies to pay!

Kathy

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 981
Points 24,590
MaryLeeHayden replied on Wed, Mar 6 2013 7:41 PM | Locked

I have no problem if you all want to recruit from your local quilt shops and guilds or even at the supermarket! This retreat WILL happen. I just want to be sure that Sara has time to rent it out to someone else if we cannot get enough gals. I'm making the deadline the end of March so that if I have to find a smaller cabin, I can still do that and Sara will have time to rent the Lodge out. I really love Sara's Lodge as it's the perfect venue for quilting. We shall see...

Feel free to put up flyers at your LQS.

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,482
Points 24,725
Debbie replied on Thu, Mar 7 2013 1:41 PM | Locked

I really wish I could go, I need a retreat and would love to see the Smoky Mountains, but saving all my AVL and sick leave for my surgery.  dr said I'll be out 6-8 weeks so that is a priority.  Darn, I need to retire so this wouldn't be a problem - just $$ would be my main problem. 

"I'm just a poor soul who's intentions are good.   Oh, Lord, Please don't let me be misunderstood."

Debbie (dear1953)  

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 151
Points 3,470
Star replied on Wed, Mar 13 2013 7:20 AM | Locked

Hi Mary,

I will not be able to attend this retreat this year. My daughter would like help wtih the babies. I will keep an eye out for this retreat next year, as it is the closest one to Nashville.

I will be driving and taking my sewing machine with me and treating my daughter's house like a quilt retreat in  between loving on the grand daughters. My daughter wants to refresh her rusty sewing skills too.

Hope you get enough participants and have lots of fun.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,720
Points 436,870
Nana replied on Wed, Mar 13 2013 9:14 AM | Locked

I would love to be able to attend this again this year but just can't do it.   I have another committment that I have to honor.   If I can work it out I would love to drop in for a day or two to visit though.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 200 Contributor
Posts 371
Points 6,710
Andrea Dee replied on Tue, Mar 19 2013 6:49 AM | Locked

Hi Mary, Where are we at?  Have we gotten enough people yet?  Kathy and I spent alot of time recruiting at the Expo. 

Andrea

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,507
Points 30,670
Diana replied on Tue, Mar 26 2013 3:35 PM | Locked

I've got a guild meeting next Tues. Apr. 2 and I'm going to mention our retreat.  How many openings are there in case a few want to join in?????  We do have a lot of ladies who go on retreats locally and they may be interested.

Diana in East Tn.

• Post Points: 35
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,455
Points 40,810
Mimi replied on Tue, Mar 26 2013 3:46 PM | Locked

Diana:
How many openings are there in case a few want to join in????? 

I'm not Mary and I don't claim to know but as of the last posting Mary made there was room for at least 12 - 15 people.  Gini said she would come for a few days if her new DGD arrived at the beginning of June but not if her DD was still incubating.  (Sorry gini, I just taught about eggs all day long.....)  I think Mary went to CA for a wedding last weekend and I don't know if she's returned or not.  Hope this helps you.  Maybe we could ask Sara?

Page 5 of 41 (602 items) «Prev34567Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use