Smoky Mountain Retreat June 22 - 29, 2013

rated by 0 users
This post has 601 Replies | 25 Followers

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 981
Points 24,590
MaryLeeHayden replied on Thu, Jan 24 2013 2:08 PM | Locked

Our Smoky Mountain retreat for 2013 will again be the last full week in June at the Lodge at Douglas Lake. The cost will be $200.00 and we have 25 spaces. The preliminary list is as follows. If you told me you wanted to come when you were here in June or October of this year, please message me and remind me.

The lodge has a 1200 square foot room where we set up our machines and workspace for the week. It's really the perfect venue for a quilting retreat.

1. Mary
  2. Andrea Dee
  3. Kathy Fritz - PIF
  4. Carolyn (Sister of Janis)
  5. Janis (Sister of Carolyn)
  6. Mimi
  7. Dave
  8. Beth
  9. Bill
  10. LuJuan Sukochi Lee
  11. Diana - PIF
  12. Ann Johnson
  13. Michelle
  14. Michelle's friend

non-refundable deposit of $75.00 will be due by the end of January with the remainder due the end of April. If you make a deposit and have to back out, you can find someone to take your place and have them refund your deposit as long as we are full. 

We will be bringing our own food again and I will assign each room a meal, either breakfast or dinner. Lunch will be leftovers or sandwiches. We will also do our gift exchange and have a trash to treasure table. This was such fun and Sara Wall, who is a member here and the owner of the lodge, is a wonderful, gracious hostess.

• Post Points: 20
Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 415
Points 5,370
Kathy replied on Fri, Jan 25 2013 4:11 AM | Locked

Mary, I have another idea for some evening entertainment.  Play strip poker!  Bring 2 1/2 strips and we play poker using the strips as our money.  You can go home with tons of strips if you are a good poker player.  What do you think?

Kathy

• Post Points: 35
Not Ranked
Posts 17
Points 190
leebug replied on Fri, Jan 25 2013 8:42 PM | Locked

Kathy

It wouldn't take me long to lose all my strips but it would fun until they were gone. 

Carolyn

• Post Points: 5
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,465
Points 41,130
Mimi replied on Fri, Jan 25 2013 9:51 PM | Locked

Hi Kathy,  Glad to see you posting again.  Hope you are feeling much better.  At first when I read your idea I thought it was the "other" kind of strip poker....then I thought it would be a great idea.  Sounds like a lot of fun.  I'm not a good poker player but I'd still join in.

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 415
Points 5,370
Kathy replied on Sat, Jan 26 2013 2:38 AM | Locked

Thanks Mimi, I am slowly recovering but I have about taken charge of my own health.  The docs are driving me nuts and it makes me realize why we call them  "practiising" physicians. I played this strip poker at a party at my LQS and it was a blast.

Kathy

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 72
Points 1,380
Janis Lindsey replied on Sat, Jan 26 2013 3:53 PM | Locked

Kathy, this sounds very interesting, I will have to see if I can find how to play poker and bring plenty of strips. lol

Janis

TN

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 415
Points 5,370
Kathy replied on Sat, Jan 26 2013 4:19 PM | Locked

We would have a cheat sheet that would show what you need and what beats what......you just have to figure out when to "hold" them and when to  "throw" them.  I had never played poker before this party and I came home with 75 strips, just figure what that would cost in yardage:)

Kathy

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,727
Points 437,045
Nana replied on Sat, Jan 26 2013 10:44 PM | Locked

Watch out ladies...it sounds like Kathy is a card shark...LOL

Vinton, Virginia

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 981
Points 24,590
MaryLeeHayden replied on Sun, Jan 27 2013 2:59 PM | Locked

Our Smoky Mountain retreat for 2013 will again be the last full week in June at the Lodge at Douglas Lake. The cost will be $200.00 and we have 25 spaces. The list is as follows. If you told me you wanted to come when you were here in June or October of this year, please message me and remind me.

The lodge has a 1200 square foot room where we set up our machines and workspace for the week. It's really the perfect venue for a quilting retreat.

1. Mary
  2. Andrea Dee
  3. Kathy Fritz - PIF
  4. Carolyn (Sister of Janis) - Deposit received
  5. Janis (Sister of Carolyn) - Deposit received
  6. Mimi
  7. Dave
  8. Beth
  9. Bill
  10. LuJuan Sukochi Lee
  11. Diana - PIF
  12. Ann Johnson
  13. Michelle
  14. Michelle's friend

non-refundable deposit of $75.00 will be due by the end of January with the remainder due the end of April. If you make a deposit and have to back out, you can find someone to take your place and have them refund your deposit as long as we are full. 

We will be bringing our own food again and I will assign each room a meal, either breakfast or dinner. Lunch will be leftovers or sandwiches. We will also do our gift exchange and have a trash to treasure table. This was such fun and Sara Wall, who is a member here and the owner of the lodge, is a wonderful, gracious hostess.

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 981
Points 24,590
MaryLeeHayden replied on Mon, Feb 11 2013 12:07 PM | Locked

Our Smoky Mountain retreat for 2013 will again be the last full week in June at the Lodge at Douglas Lake. The cost will be $200.00 and we have 25 spaces. The list is as follows. If you told me you wanted to come when you were here in June or October of this year, please message me and remind me.

1. Mary
  2. Andrea Dee - Deposit received - $100
  3. Kathy Fritz - PIF
  4. Carolyn (Sister of Janis) - Deposit received - $75
  5. Janis (Sister of Carolyn) - Deposit received - $75
  6. Mimi - Deposit Received - $100
  7. Dave - Deposit Received - $100
  8. Beth - PIF
  9. Bill - PIF
  10. LuJuan Sukochi Lee
  11. Diana - PIF
  12. Ann Johnson
  13. Michelle
  14. Michelle's friend

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 981
Points 24,590
MaryLeeHayden replied on Mon, Feb 11 2013 12:09 PM | Locked

Please feel free to join us. Send deposit when you sign up. It's not too late!

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,849
Points 85,825
Sukochi replied on Mon, Feb 11 2013 2:27 PM | Locked

Mary, I am so sorry but I must back out for this year.

We owe our dentist a small fortune and with Jim's cataracts,and my surgery, we are financially under the gun. So, please give my space to someone else. :{

Sukochi

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 693
Points 13,210
Michelle replied on Mon, Feb 11 2013 9:05 PM | Locked

Mary, I'll not be able to come this year, I was hoping my friend was going to meet me there but she will be with her Mom that week.  Maybe next year. 

Michelle B
Enjoy family, friends and hobbies

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,035
Points 13,170

My DH'S loves to fish but we would be coming by motorcycle if we decided to participate. Is anyone bringing a boat a poles?  Are the guys planning any special events just for them?  Is no one else bringing a motorcycle?

aka Grandma Sunshine

• Post Points: 50
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,849
Points 85,825
Sukochi replied on Sat, Mar 2 2013 9:10 AM | Locked

Maggie, have y'all ever done the Dragon's Tail on your bike. I  don't know how far it is from Sevierville, but, it is something to think about. Our neighbors have done it on their bikes and love it!

Sukochi

Page 3 of 41 (602 items) Prev12345Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use