rated by 0 users
This post has 601 Replies | 25 Followers

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 693
Points 13,210
Michelle replied on Fri, Dec 21 2012 8:15 PM | Locked

Mary,

I am new to this discussion and saw this on another thread. I would like to put my name on the list also and am looking at one friend to bring along, but will need to contact her this next weekend after Christmas.  Is the $200, for the rooms also? or just the retreat itself? If for the room, is that per person? I didn't see any other details except the dates and food to bring. 

Michelle Barkley 

Michelle B
Enjoy family, friends and hobbies

• Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,727
Points 437,045
Nana replied on Sat, Dec 22 2012 12:01 AM | Locked

Michelle

I'm not Mary but I think I can handle your question.   It is $200 per person for the week.   That covers the retreat facility and the room (shared) as well as use of the kitchen.   It is really a good price for the whole week and it is a beautiful retreat facility.

Vinton, Virginia

• Post Points: 5
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,784
Points 30,506
Joni replied on Sat, Dec 22 2012 8:04 AM | Locked

Please where can I see pictures of the Retreat facility.  Details please on rooms, beds, sewing area...if I have missed that info please tell me where I can see all this.  Thanks!

• Post Points: 20
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,465
Points 41,130
Mimi replied on Sat, Dec 22 2012 8:43 AM | Locked

Joni:
Please where can I see pictures of the Retreat facility. 

Hi Joni,

If you go to http://www.thelodgeatdouglaslake.com you can see the facilities.  Hope you are thinking of joining the fun.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Fri, Dec 28 2012 9:56 AM | Locked

Mary ,As much as I would love to come to this again,I just can't afford it this year.NOt with the drive and the cost of the retreat. I really would love to come .If things improve maybe I can let you know .Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Not Ranked
Posts 1
Points 20
aj980121 replied on Tue, Jan 1 2013 11:56 AM | Locked

Hi Mary!  Good to see your posts.  I would like for you to add my name to the list for the retreat.  Lake Douglas was wonderful at Fall Frenzy.  Look forward to seeing all the interesting people and projects.

Ann Johnson

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 981
Points 24,590
MaryLeeHayden replied on Mon, Jan 7 2013 6:19 PM | Locked

Our Smoky Mountain retreat for 2013 will again be the last full week in June. The cost will be $200.00 and we have 25 spaces. The preliminary list is as follows. If you told me you wanted to come when you were here in June or October of this year, please message me and remind me. It's been a rough time around our home and my brain isn't functioning well. lol

1. Mary
  2. Andrea Dee
  3. Kathy Fritz
  4. Carolyn
  5. Janis
  6. Mimi
  7. Dave
  8. Beth
  9. Bill
  10. LuJuan Sukochi Lee
  11. Diana
  12. Ann Johnson

non-refundable deposit of $75.00 will be due by the end of January with the remainder due the end of April. If you make a deposit and have to back out, you can find someone to take your place and have them refund your deposit as long as we are full. 

We will be bringing our own food again and I will assign each room a meal, either breakfast or dinner. Lunch will be leftovers or sandwiches. We will also do our gift exchange and have a trash to treasure table. This was such fun and Sara Wall, who is a member here and the owner of the lodge, is a wonderful, gracious hostess.

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 981
Points 24,590
MaryLeeHayden replied on Mon, Jan 7 2013 6:24 PM | Locked

Our Smoky Mountain retreat for 2013 will again be the last full week in June at the Lodge at Douglas Lake. The cost will be $200.00 and we have 25 spaces. The preliminary list is as follows. If you told me you wanted to come when you were here in June or October of this year, please message me and remind me.

The lodge has a 1200 square foot room where we set up our machines and workspace for the week. It's really the perfect venue for a quilting retreat.

1. Mary
  2. Andrea Dee
  3. Kathy Fritz
  4. Carolyn (Sister of Janis)
  5. Janis (Sister of Carolyn)
  6. Mimi
  7. Dave
  8. Beth
  9. Bill
  10. LuJuan Sukochi Lee
  11. Diana
  12. Ann Johnson
  13. Michelle
  14. Michelle's friend

non-refundable deposit of $75.00 will be due by the end of January with the remainder due the end of April. If you make a deposit and have to back out, you can find someone to take your place and have them refund your deposit as long as we are full. 

We will be bringing our own food again and I will assign each room a meal, either breakfast or dinner. Lunch will be leftovers or sandwiches. We will also do our gift exchange and have a trash to treasure table. This was such fun and Sara Wall, who is a member here and the owner of the lodge, is a wonderful, gracious hostess.

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 981
Points 24,590
MaryLeeHayden replied on Mon, Jan 7 2013 6:29 PM | Locked

Michelle:

Mary,

I am new to this discussion and saw this on another thread. I would like to put my name on the list also and am looking at one friend to bring along, but will need to contact her this next weekend after Christmas.  Is the $200, for the rooms also? or just the retreat itself? If for the room, is that per person? I didn't see any other details except the dates and food to bring. 

Michelle Barkley 

The $200.00 covers the retreat facility and bedrooms. Each room holds multiple people. The beds are queen/king sized with some singles. We bring our own food to cook in the huge kitchen. As we get closer to the retreat, we will assign rooms and meals. Please check out the rooms on the Lodge website. There is no other cost (above the $200.00) besides food, drink, and any shopping you may do. 

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 415
Points 5,370
Kathy replied on Mon, Jan 14 2013 7:58 AM | Locked

Mary, you know I am in!  Just got out of the hospital, so I will try to get a check out this week.  How are you doing?

Kathy

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 72
Points 1,380
Janis Lindsey replied on Mon, Jan 14 2013 12:42 PM | Locked

Mary, do you want us to mail check to you or Sara?  Looking forward to seeing every one again and meeting new ones.

Janis

TN

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,465
Points 416,829
gini replied on Mon, Jan 14 2013 7:26 PM | Locked

mary, can i have the same arrangement as last year?  my daughter is due to have her first baby in june.   if she has it  early june, i may be in branson  in late june and would love to pop in for a bit.   if she incubates too long, i'll be in seattle. 

gini in north idaho

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 981
Points 24,590
MaryLeeHayden replied on Tue, Jan 15 2013 10:26 AM | Locked

No problem...if we are full, we will just hang you on a hook to sleep. :D

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 981
Points 24,590
MaryLeeHayden replied on Tue, Jan 15 2013 10:27 AM | Locked

To me again. Sara has enough to do and prefers the money go through me. 

Mary Hayden

124 Hayden Court

Maryville, TN  37804

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 72
Points 1,380
Janis Lindsey replied on Wed, Jan 16 2013 11:29 AM | Locked

Thanks Mary, will send my check out this week.  

Janis

TN

Page 2 of 41 (602 items) Prev12345Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use