Smoky Mountain Retreat June 22 - 29, 2013

rated by 0 users
This post has 601 Replies | 25 Followers

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 986
Points 24,705
MaryLeeHayden Posted: Mon, Dec 17 2012 4:44 PM | Locked

Our Smoky Mountain retreat for 2013 will again be the last full week in June. The cost will be $200.00 and we have 25 spaces. The preliminary list is as follows. If you told me you wanted to come when you were here in June or October of this year, please message me and remind me. It's been a rough time around our home and my brain isn't functioning well. lol

1. Mary
  2. Andrea Dee
  3. Kathy Fritz
  4. Carolyn
  5. Janis

A non-refundable deposit of $75.00 will be due by the end of January with the remainder due the end of April. If you make a deposit and have to back out, you can find someone to take your place and have them refund your deposit as long as we are full. 

We will be bringing our own food again and I will assign each room a meal, either breakfast or dinner. Lunch will be leftovers or sandwiches. We will also do our gift exchange and have a trash to treasure table. This was such fun and Sara Wall, who is a member here and the owner of the lodge, is a wonderful, gracious hostess.

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 37
Points 765
Faith W replied on Mon, Dec 17 2012 5:14 PM | Locked

OMG, I would love to come, but I just started another job today!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  YAY ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!  So, I don't think I'll be able to get off since I will be having my scrapbooking event in April.

But on a different note .............  I made a rag quilt!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  I don't know whether to be happy or what getting me started quilting.  I know it's not the caliber that y'all do, but it has gotten me to sit down to the sewing machine again!!!

Hugs,

Faith

Faith - Hendersonville, NC

• Post Points: 20
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,479
Points 41,345
Mimi replied on Mon, Dec 17 2012 5:29 PM | Locked

Faith W:
So, I don't think I'll be able to get off

Oh Faith you just have to come.  You would learn so many things from lots and lots of wonderful beautiful quilters.  You have to come!  But I understand how a job has to come first.  I'm probably going to have to take a day or two w/out pay as our calendar already goes to June 24 due to Super Storm Sandy.  I have one personal day left so I hope we don't have any s**w days at all.  Maybe just some days that start later than usual. 

Congratulations on your rag quilt.  Everyone starts somewhere.  You've caught the quilting addiction.  Keep up the good work.  Will we see a picture?

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,049
Points 20,025
Beth Weigt replied on Mon, Dec 17 2012 5:53 PM | Locked

Mary - I was wondering about this but thought I would wait until after the holidays to ask

COUNT BILL AND ME IN!!! 

Mimi - Is Dave coming with you???

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,479
Points 41,345
Mimi replied on Mon, Dec 17 2012 6:17 PM | Locked

Beth Weigt:
Mimi - Is Dave coming with you???

I just asked if that was going to be okay again this year as Dave had such a great time with Bill and Darlene's DH.  I'm sorry but I've forgotten his name. Dave really wants to come.  We have been planning on coming together to this since last year.  It's a long trip by yourself.  I did it for the Fall Fiber Frenzy and had a great time meeting new people, too.  Is Bill going to be planning another trip for the guys?  I'm ready to jump in the car and drive to TN right now.  I get so excited to see everyone again. I'm glad you and Bill are coming. Hope he has recovered completely from his surgery.

• Post Points: 5
Not Ranked
Female
Posts 37
Points 765
Faith W replied on Mon, Dec 17 2012 6:20 PM | Locked

Faith - Hendersonville, NC

• Post Points: 35
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,479
Points 41,345
Mimi replied on Mon, Dec 17 2012 7:24 PM | Locked

Oh Faith, it's beautiful.  I love the monkeys.  You did a great job.  Congrats again!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,703
Points 179,728
Marie replied on Mon, Dec 17 2012 10:09 PM | Locked

Faith, your rag quilt is beautiful!  Did you use an AccuQuilt go die to cut?

Millbury, MA

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 72
Points 1,380
Janis Lindsey replied on Tue, Dec 18 2012 9:57 AM | Locked

Faith, you rag quit is cute as can be, you did a great job.

Mary, can't wait to see everyone again, so glad you are back.

Janis

TN

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 986
Points 24,705
MaryLeeHayden replied on Tue, Dec 18 2012 10:24 AM | Locked

Please keep this thread for retreat responses. We can begin a retreat discussion if you'd like.

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 986
Points 24,705
MaryLeeHayden replied on Tue, Dec 18 2012 10:26 AM | Locked

Our Smoky Mountain retreat for 2013 will again be the last full week in June. The cost will be $200.00 and we have 25 spaces. The preliminary list is as follows. If you told me you wanted to come when you were here in June or October of this year, please message me and remind me. It's been a rough time around our home and my brain isn't functioning well. lol

1. Mary
  2. Andrea Dee
  3. Kathy Fritz
  4. Carolyn
  5. Janis
  6. Mimi
  7. Dave
  8. Beth
  9. Bill
  10. LuJuan Sukochi Lee

non-refundable deposit of $75.00 will be due by the end of January with the remainder due the end of April. If you make a deposit and have to back out, you can find someone to take your place and have them refund your deposit as long as we are full. 

We will be bringing our own food again and I will assign each room a meal, either breakfast or dinner. Lunch will be leftovers or sandwiches. We will also do our gift exchange and have a trash to treasure table. This was such fun and Sara Wall, who is a member here and the owner of the lodge, is a wonderful, gracious hostess.

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,530
Points 31,115
Diana replied on Tue, Dec 18 2012 5:00 PM | Locked

Hi Mary,     Add my name to the list, please.   Glad to see you back on line.  I have 3 very nice collections from those that I won this past year for door prizes to donate. 

Huggs and call me after the holidays.

Diana (Bink) in East. Tn.

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 986
Points 24,705
MaryLeeHayden replied on Wed, Dec 19 2012 9:23 AM | Locked

1. Mary
  2. Andrea Dee
  3. Kathy Fritz
  4. Carolyn
  5. Janis
  6. Mimi
  7. Dave
  8. Beth
  9. Bill
  10. LuJuan Sukochi Lee
  11. Diana

non-refundable deposit of $75.00 will be due by the end of January with the remainder due the end of April. If you make a deposit and have to back out, you can find someone to take your place and have them refund your deposit as long as we are full. 

• Post Points: 50
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,405
Points 21,105
Carolyn (CarolBeau) replied on Wed, Dec 19 2012 2:58 PM | Locked

Mary, That Carolyn is not me, is it?  I just joined the site in August and don't remember having heard of this before today.  I'm assuming it's another Carolyn who I haven't met yet, but just wanted to double-check.  :)

Raleigh, NC

Top 200 Contributor
Posts 371
Points 6,725
Andrea Dee replied on Fri, Dec 21 2012 11:12 AM | Locked

WooHoo!  Yippeeee!  Bless all your little hearts!  I can't wait.

Andrea

Page 1 of 41 (602 items) 12345Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use