Walunt Place Retreat Sept 11th thru Sept 15th 2013

rated by 0 users
This post has 101 Replies | 14 Followers

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,470
Points 24,110

MNnancy:

Thanks for the update, Elaine!  How is Thea feeling after her surgery?  Are you all getting a lot done?  Safe travels home tomorrow!

nancy, we have all been very productive. And we have hit every quilt shop in the area. One of our newbie's, Becky, had an online quilt shop which she has retired so we got to go to her house to shop. That was great fun. And of course, we have eaten ourselves into several stupors. Sorry we haven't had a reporter to show pictures. 

Thea is doing pretty well, considering. She has had pain, but she is managing. The worse part for her is the trip up, and now she has to look forward to the trip home. Everyone says hi to all the QCAers.

• Post Points: 5
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 93
Points 1,365
Judy replied on Mon, Sep 16 2013 1:39 PM

Althea & Beth hard at work

Chow time

Out to eat at John & Nick's

Elaine

Liz

• Post Points: 50
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 93
Points 1,365
Judy replied on Mon, Sep 16 2013 1:45 PM

Gretchen

Annete

Judy

Tari

Sue

Beth

Darlene

Althea

Becky

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,249
Points 172,978
Marie replied on Mon, Sep 16 2013 3:59 PM

Judy, thank you so much for the pics of the retreat, sure looks like everyone was busy and happy.

Millbury, MA

• Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,187
Points 238,912
Thea replied on Mon, Sep 16 2013 5:00 PM

Oh my gosh, Judy leaked!!!  teehee

Gretchen's first block for her new BOM she is doing at the shop...

the finished quilt top - I am not sure why this picture went sideways - i did everything I could figure to so sorry you have to turn sideways... it is beautiful though isn't it...

Our newest member to our retreat Becky - she was a wonderful addition - she had an online quilt shop which she closed and took us to her home for some sales she had going on - although I am sure that Elaine wishes she would have sold some of her kits - maybe someday!!!  We like Becky bunches!!!

Sue is our most prolific quilter each year - I do not think I got pictures of all the quilts she made - but I did try - she would finish some while I wasn't in the room and hide them from picture taking but judy would sell her out and I would try hard to get her to show us so I could get a picture...

She did have a close 2nd in Annette - this woman was knocking them out... how they did it with all the talking eating and shopping we did - they are super quilters...

I am not sure if those are all the quilts Annette made or not either... but they sure were pretty eye candy - she was working when Gretchen and Liz and I left that Sunday morning... Judy might have a picture of what she and Sue completed that day...

Judy did some really pretty quilts to - but I do think I missed getting a picture of one of them... I think she sneakily hid it while saying that Sue had done that - but we will never know - here are what I got...

I know she finished more but they are a mystery...

Elaine finished up a beautiful top - oh my it is a stunning civil war quilt that Barbara would have died to see...

I finished one quilt that I started - it is from the new Qulter's newsletter's Christmas magazine...

I worked and finished up some Halloween treat bags for my Grandkids - some placemats for Secret Santa gifts and a couple of twister quilters - no pictures of any of them - but as the twister quilts get finished here at home I'll add them...

It is amazing that we got anything done with all the laughter and fun that went on - the food was wonderful - the road kill that Darlene and Elaine prepared for us was a wonderful change of meals...teehee.. and pizza and chili and Sue made us zuchini lasagna one day for lunch - all wonderful...

Shopping trips...

our last night celebratory dinner - oh the food was delicious...

And Darlene did get some things done - very nice...

Beth is making a beautiful paper pieced quilt - and Beth remember that I am the first one to have put in for this quilt to adorn my home after you have had your time with it and are tired of it - it is gorgeous...

And then as all wonderful things go - it was time to leave - Beth was the first to depart after a night of fire alarms and loss of power - we will be looking forward to next year when I hope to make it for the 4th annual retreat of the walnut place girls.  I am hopeful that I will be feeling much much better - I am sorry about the quality of some of these photos - normally I would have put them into my photo program and adjusted them all - but I am very sick today!  I slept most of yesterday after I got home and was up for a few hours today before I was back in bed... I had hopes that the riding would not cause me that much trouble but any ride in any vehicle caused me great pain... I am healing and when I am better I'll try and repost these pictures all edited up....

Barbara and Isabella were sorely missed this year - they were thought of many times as were PD, her daughter, Nancy and Terry and Eileen... we have truly had fun at this retreat... 

the laughter always abounds and the fun... I do have one last thought - Liz got a new pair of undies... oh my the story behind those... I do have that final picture to share...teehee

the devil made me post this...

Until next year...

• Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,249
Points 172,978
Marie replied on Mon, Sep 16 2013 8:11 PM

Thea, great picture's!  Wow, so much beautiful work got done!  You take care and be well, my friend.  (((((HUGS)))))

Millbury, MA

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,639
Points 65,305
Bonita replied on Mon, Sep 16 2013 8:33 PM

Thanks Judy and Thea for sharing the pictures. Looks like everyone had a good time.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,696
Points 436,330
Nana replied on Mon, Sep 16 2013 8:47 PM

Great pics ladies.  Thanks for sharing.  Everyone was looking really good and also very productive.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,381
Points 360,847
Kris replied on Mon, Sep 16 2013 9:39 PM

Thanks for the photos Judy and Thea. I was wondering how you all were doing. I love all the quilts.

Elaine I like your "Butternut and Blue" I really should get mine started.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,272
Points 413,654
gini replied on Mon, Sep 16 2013 10:09 PM

thanks for the pictures, it looks like you all had a great time. 

gini in north idaho

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 11,649
Points 135,957
Leslie replied on Tue, Sep 17 2013 6:24 AM

Wonderful Pics,   so glad you all had a wonderful fun filled time

[Ava, Missouri

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 93
Points 1,365
Judy replied on Tue, Nov 5 2013 1:40 PM

I am going to start posting information for the 2014 Retreat on the new discussion group 

Walnut Place Retreat - September 24-28 2014.

Please go there for further info.

Thanks!

Judy

Page 7 of 7 (102 items) «Prev34567
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use