Walunt Place Retreat Sept 11th thru Sept 15th 2013

rated by 0 users
This post has 101 Replies | 14 Followers

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 490
Points 9,250
Darlene replied on Thu, Aug 22 2013 10:40 PM

HA=HA Nancy I was thinking of plucked porkie a la orange.With Elaines oppossum maybe we will have a mystery stew.lol

I am starting to get my projects together maybe I will bring UFOs to finish because this retreat is not a productive retreat for me these chicks are too gabby or I'm too nosy or a bit of both.In the past I am good friends with my seam ripper I have usually sewen too much to a row or sewen it upside down so if I take projects almost done everyone will think I am sewing up a storm.I should be able to get done about 1/2 of what Sue Judy or Thea get done Beth will have me whipped with her eyes closed.

Can't wait to see everyone and let the silliness begin

Darlene(2manyhorses)

• Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,846
Points 248,979
Barbara replied on Fri, Aug 23 2013 4:22 AM

Nancy good possibility as we need a bigger place , I was JUST Thinking  if everyone wanted to return to the same place  we need to get the bid in as the quilt show is in  Oct an wanted to make sure we could get the house for that time .  Judy will let me know what  everyone thinks .  then we can make a decision

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 109
Points 1,655
Judy replied on Fri, Aug 23 2013 7:55 AM

The Quilted Steeple looks  awesome, but I still don't see any prices. I will try to make a road trip up there to check it out for their open house on Sept. 21st and give you a report. Plus I would get to see Sandy Gervais - I LOVE her fabric!!!

We will discuss the 2014 Walnut Place Retreat while there and let you know. The AQS show in Des Moines for 2014 is Oct. 1 - 4.

Anyone heard from Thea lately? I'm hoping she is still coming!

• Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,846
Points 248,979
Barbara replied on Fri, Aug 23 2013 10:39 AM

judy ,she is having her surgery today. so depending on how it goes afterwards will be her decision  I think.  Babrara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 109
Points 1,655
Judy replied on Sat, Aug 24 2013 8:20 PM

Latest update. Lena is not able to make it this year. So, right now we are at 11 people.

Judy

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 109
Points 1,655
Judy replied on Mon, Aug 26 2013 11:13 AM

Since there are 12 beds in the house and we only have 11 people signed up, if anyone has a friend they would like to bring with - we will open it up to first come, first serve. Just let me know. If noone has anyone, I do have one other friend I could ask, but I don't want to hog all the spots with my friends!

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 109
Points 1,655
Judy replied on Tue, Aug 27 2013 3:04 PM

You guys are so quiet! Is anyone out there? Did anyone find another body to bring?

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,475
Points 24,120

I'm here. FYI, you left my name off the list of everyone in the house the whole time. Don't give my bed away! It is so hot here this week, I hope it cools off a little before the retreat. I need to get busy and get my projects ready. I am planning on bringing UFOs. 

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 109
Points 1,655
Judy replied on Wed, Aug 28 2013 7:20 AM

Sorry!! You're on my handwritten list, I just didn't get it typed into the email. You are on the list though!! I hope it cools off too. I think it hit 100 here yesterday. Of course that's always a good time to stay in and sew!

Judy

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,055
Points 20,145

Judy - I am busy getting things ready like new tires for the car and fabric cut to sew.  Looks like I have a paper piecing project to complete but am bringing other projects also.

Thea - Quick question - are you bringing the Keurig or should I just bring a can of coffee for everyone?

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,475
Points 24,120

Hey everyone, time is getting closer and I haven't even decided what I'm going to bring to work on. I better get my thinking cap on.  Can't wait to see everyone.

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 380
Points 5,105
Annette replied on Wed, Sep 4 2013 4:46 PM

Hi everyone!

Been working too much lately so haven't been on here much.   I am SO-O-O-O ready for a break.   I've got a couple of ideas of things to pack/work on and have started a 'pile'.    I had asked about bringing my waffle iron/batter mix too.   Anyone interested in waffles for breakfast?

What time does checkin start on Wed?   I'm so looking forward to seeing everyone.   Will miss you both - Barbara and Isabelle.   Take care of yourself so you can make the next one.   Hope you're doing better Thea.   Really looking forward to seeing everyone again!

Annette

• Post Points: 35
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,475
Points 24,120

Waffles sound good. Bring 'em on!

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 490
Points 9,250
Darlene replied on Fri, Sep 6 2013 5:34 PM

Starting to seriously start organizing my projects.I hope the weather is nicer than here as it has been 50 in mornings and frost last night .I am not liking the cold so early hope fully there is a warm change coming.I hope I have everything I am supposed to bring.My money order for accomadations -a gift for exchange-3 strips fall and 3 batik for poker and my porcupine.Is that everything?Do we need bedding or anything else?

Can't wait see you soon

Darlene(2manyhorses)

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,475
Points 24,120

Darlene, no bedding needed, unless you have a favorite pillow or blankie. Towels and washcloths supplied. Need to bring your own soap, etc.

We need to see who is bringing what as far a irons, mats, etc. I can bring my large cutting mat that I usually bring. I will throw in my iron. I don't remember if ironing board is there or not. I think so, but not sure. Do you know, Judy?

Darlene, I guess we will decide what we want to serve for dinner when we get there?

As far as the weather, it is hot here right now, in the 90"s. It may be a little cooler by Wednesday, here in Ks we are expecting a cooldown to mid 80"s by then.

You are way ahead of me as far as planning. I don't know what I am bringing to work on. I don't have my strips cut. I don't have my possum yet. I don't have my gift exchange. What am I waiting on anyway??

See you soon, everyone!!

Page 5 of 7 (102 items) «Prev34567Next
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use