rated by 0 users
This post has 101 Replies | 14 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,720
Points 436,870
Nana replied on Sat, Aug 17 2013 1:01 AM

Nancy

I know we had to have a whole bunch of strips but I didn't remember how many.  They way they are playing sounds a little like L R C.  instead of strip poker.

Vinton, Virginia

• Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,720
Points 436,870
Nana replied on Sat, Aug 17 2013 1:02 AM

Judy

I don't know if you have spoken with Barbara or not but when I talked to her today she said that she wasn't going to make it to this retreat.  She said it is just too soon.  You might want to check with her.

Vinton, Virginia

• Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Sat, Aug 17 2013 7:40 AM

Nana:
They way they are playing sounds a little like L R C.  instead of strip poker.

That's what I thought.  I taught LRC to my garden club and I thought we could play for seed packets but they said "Show us the money" and we played for quarters.  LOL

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,012
Points 19,515
Beth Weigt replied on Sat, Aug 17 2013 12:30 PM

Judy - I will buy pizza on Wed. Night as everyone will have been arriving and may not want to cook. I will.also bring coffee as I remember there was a coffee maker.  Have you heard from Thea? Is she still coming?

If anybody, wants to add to the menu, we can work together.

If I don't stop in Amana, I should be there early afternoon. 

Darlene - I have you ruler packed :)

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 103
Points 1,550
Judy replied on Mon, Aug 19 2013 7:58 AM

I think Chili sounds wonderful. I can make some corn bread to go along with it, and some veggies & ranch dip.

The strip poker game sounds wonderful, too. Is it played with the LRC dice? I will get the word out for everyone to bring strips. Maybe everyone could bring 6 strips, so we could play a couple times. Let's do a couple different themes - batiks, and fall colors. So you should bring 3 batik strips, and 3 fall color strips to play 2 separate games. Is this right Annette?

Here is a list for meals so far:

Wednesday lunch:   on your own

Wednesday supper:   Pizza - Beth

Thursday lunch:

Thursday supper:     Surprise road kill ;) - Darlene & Elaine

Friday lunch:        

Friday supper:         Chili, cornbread, veggies - Annete & Judy

Saturday lunch:

Saturday supper:     Out to eat somewhere

Sunday lunch:   leftovers/clean out the fridge or on your own

• Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Tue, Aug 20 2013 6:45 AM

HI all you gals, I'm just letting you all know that much to my disappointment  I will not be able to make this retreat , I have not been released from any of my restrictions yet , and have to admit ,I 'm afraid its just to soon.  for me to be getting out.  I know you will all have a wonderful time and it appears that judy has everything well in hand, Thank you all for helping her out and I look forward to seeing lots of pictures and reading about all the fun  I'm missing out on.    Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,334
Points 20,045

I'm not part of this retreat, but I follow the retreat threads because I hope to go someday... just wanted to say I'm sorry to hear you can't make it, Barbara.  I hope your recovery is going well.  

Raleigh, NC

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,473
Points 24,140

Bummer, Barbara. I will miss your company on the journey north. I'm glad you are feeling better and are able to post now. We've missed you.

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 103
Points 1,550
Judy replied on Thu, Aug 22 2013 1:23 PM

Barbara, we will miss you! Next year you will be good as new and running circles around the rest of us!

The rest of you - only 2-1/2 weeks to go! I think I am going to start getting my projects ready to go this weekend.

Judy

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Thu, Aug 22 2013 7:29 PM

Gee I'm already missing al of you ,I

m so tired of sitting around ..LOL  but NOt sure my ribcage could handle to much laughing right now  lol   I WILL miss you all so much ..

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Thu, Aug 22 2013 7:32 PM

Judy , see if we can reserve the dates next year for the quilt show in  Oct.  I'd really like to attend that again when I'm feeling up to walking around this time..  Let me know how that works out ..thanks  Barbara I did know the dates but will have to see if I can find them ..

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Thu, Aug 22 2013 8:58 PM

Barbara and Judy,

Is this Iowa retreat on again for next year?  I had heard from several that the Des Moines retreat was wrapping up after this year, so we have had a retreat at the new Quilted Steeple in Lone Rock, Iowa under discussion.  Would that be a problem for you if we planned that for the spring or early summer of 2014?

We discussed this on QCA here:  http://www.quiltersclubofamerica.com/forums/t/39548.aspx?PageIndex=1

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Thu, Aug 22 2013 9:00 PM

Quilted Steeple's website is here:  http://quiltedsteeple.com/quiltedsteeple/Home.html

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Thu, Aug 22 2013 9:00 PM

Judy:
Thursday supper:     Surprise road kill ;) - Darlene & Elaine

Oh no, that's likely to be porcupine!

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,473
Points 24,140

Nancy, it just might be porcupine, but I've been known to shoot a few opossums. I may dig one of those out of my freezer!

Page 4 of 7 (102 items) «Prev23456Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use