Walunt Place Retreat Sept 11th thru Sept 15th 2013

rated by 0 users
This post has 101 Replies | 14 Followers

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,473
Points 24,140

Oh, darn, I will miss Isabella. She is so darn sweet. I plan to be there. When you find out how many are still coming, if there is an extra spot open I was thinking of seeing if my sister mary would want to come. There my be an extra spot if barb or Thea cannot come. Barb mentioned that she didn't know if Thea was coming. Judy, let me know about this. I won't mention it to sis until I hear from you in regards to space. I am looking forward to seeing everyone. 

I am flexible on the dates. If we do the Monday, I will arrive then. If we do Wednesday I will arrive then. Just let us know. Thanks for taking over for barb. 

• Post Points: 5
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 95
Points 1,420
Judy replied on Mon, Aug 5 2013 12:09 PM

0 0 1 324 1852 ISU 15 4 2172 14.0 Normal 0 false false false EN-US JA X-NONE

OK ladies, here is the list of attendees. The retreat will be held Wednesday, August 11, 2013 starting at 9:00 am through Sunday, September 15, 2013 ending at 3:00 pm at the Walnut Place Retreat Center in Des Moines, Iowa. The only one for sure not able to come this year is Isabella :(  Everyone is staying in the house this time, so with 12 people and 12 beds, we are still full. The cost will be $165/person for those staying Wed – Sunday and $132.50/person for those staying Thurs – Sunday. Have check payable to Walnut Place Retreat Center. I will tell Nicole she can pick the money up Thursday evening after everyone has arrived.

1 Thea   -  yes

2. Judy   - yes

3. Sue    - yes

4. Tari   - yes

5. Annette   - yes

6. Darlene   - yes

7. Elaine   - yes

8. Liz   - yes

9. Gretchen   - yes

10. Lena   - not sure

11. Beth   - yes

12. Isabella   - no

13. Barbara   - not sure

We will need to think about meals for the time we are there. If anyone wants to volunteer (2-3 people per meal) for a time slot that would be great! It doesn't need to be anything fancy, just sustenance to keep us going! I think for breakfast we could just have it whenever you want: coffee, juice, bagels, waffles, toast, cereal, etc. Do you want to do a group dinner out this time? If so, we should plan that for either Friday or Saturday evening.

Wednesday lunch:   on your own

Wednesday supper:

Thursday lunch:

Thursday supper:

Friday lunch:

Friday supper:

Saturday lunch:

Saturday supper:

Sunday lunch:   leftovers/clean out the fridge or on your own

We are also thinking that we will do the gift exchange like we did last year. Everyone who wants to participate should bring a wrapped quilt related gift, and we will come up with some kind of game for an exchange. We will also have a table for quilt supplies/patterns/fabrics that you don’t want anymore that could be recycled to someone else.

I’m really looking forward to seeing everyone again! Only 36 days to go!

Judy

PS. From what I have heard, Barbara is doing quite well. She will be in the hospital for a few more days. If you would like to drop her a note the address is: KU Med, Rm CTP03, 3901 Rainbow Blvd, Kansas City, Kansas. 66103-2937

• Post Points: 35
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 95
Points 1,420
Judy replied on Mon, Aug 5 2013 12:14 PM

Opps, I meant September 11, not August! That would be one long retreat!!!

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 485
Points 9,150
Darlene replied on Thu, Aug 8 2013 4:23 PM

Thanks Judy for stepping in and keeping things going.I am all for going out 1 night.The place we went to last year was fun.I don't think Gretchen should sit across from me tho.lol

I will volunteer for a dinner/supper any night is fine.I will be gathering road kill on the way so can't say what it will be.

Could you ask Sue if I bring the fabric I bought last year if she will help me make those bags?Unlessss she wants to make them for me she sews so much faster than I do and the girls from Branson will tell you I am pretty dense with easy patterns.Thats why there was flying chickens.lol

I am soo ready to be sitting in Iowa sewing with all of you

See you soon

Darlene(2manyhorses)

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,812
MNnancy replied on Thu, Aug 8 2013 10:40 PM

Darlene:
Thats why there was flying chickens.

Fun memories!

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

• Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,717
Points 436,765
Nana replied on Thu, Aug 8 2013 11:08 PM

MNnancy:

Darlene:
Thats why there was flying chickens.

Fun memories!

As I recall they not only were flying but pooping tail feathers.

Vinton, Virginia

• Post Points: 50
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,812
MNnancy replied on Fri, Aug 9 2013 3:59 PM

TMI, Nana!  LOL

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 485
Points 9,150
Darlene replied on Fri, Aug 9 2013 5:59 PM

He's just different and as I recall he ended up with a few twins.lol

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 95
Points 1,420
Judy replied on Fri, Aug 9 2013 8:49 PM

Hi Nana, I think Barbara told me that you could change the dates in the heading for me. Instead of the 9th it should say the 11th. If you can't, no biggie.

Thanks!

Judy

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,717
Points 436,765
Nana replied on Sat, Aug 10 2013 8:48 AM

Judy

done.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,473
Points 24,140

Darlene:
I will volunteer for a dinner/supper any night is fine.I will be gathering road kill on the way so can't say what it will be.

Darlene, I would be glad to go in with you and help with dinner one night. I am not much of a cook but I can be a good helper and help with the cost. If that's OK with you.

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 485
Points 9,150
Darlene replied on Tue, Aug 13 2013 7:18 AM

Elaine

I will be happy to partner up with you for a meal.Is Mary coming to retreat?

This retreat is very quiet for starting in a couple of weeks.I am ready to be sewing with you ladies and I hope you all don't have laryngitis because it will be awful quiet

Darlene(2manyhorses)

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,473
Points 24,140

No, Mary is not coming, the house is full. So I didn't ask her. I doubt that she would have come anyway as she will be going to Texas sometime next month to help her daughter move.

I am really ready for this retreat. I have been so busy going to rehab every other day that I didn't realize it is coming up so soon.  Don't know why everyone is so quiet. I'm sure when we all get there there will be anything but quiet!!

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 374
Points 5,000
Annette replied on Fri, Aug 16 2013 10:15 PM

I have a waffle maker that I can bring along with waffle/pancake mix, to make fresh waffles every/any morning, if people are interested.    Do you think its too early for chili?   I can make a large crock-pot of that or bring a crock-pot of meatballs if someone is willing to help with side ideas.   I'm already mentally thinking of what to pack to work on.   Decisions, decisions.....

Almost forgot.....would people be willing to play some 'strip poker' one night?    Involves dice and three strips of 2 1/2" WOF strips from each player playing, for each game played.   Winner would end up with all the strips for that game.   If all 12 of us play, we could divide into 2 games of 6 players (winner would get 18 strips - 3 strips x 6 people)  or all 12 of us in one game (winner gets 36 strips - 3 x 12).   I would suggest a strip 'theme' like 30s, reproductions, floral, batiks, a certain main color, or solids, etc so the winning 'bundle' would be (hopefully) workable together in a project.   And we can certainly play more than 1 game, if the strips are there and people are willing.   Anyone game/feeling lucky?

Annette

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,812
MNnancy replied on Fri, Aug 16 2013 10:41 PM

Strip poker with only 3 jelly roll strips???  I think we had to bring something like 100 when we played in Virginia Beach.  Your version would certainly be easier to prepare for!

Page 3 of 7 (102 items) Prev12345Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use