2013 Oregon coast, Beachcomber's Haven, Gleneden Beach. Oct 13-18.

rated by 0 users
This post has 1,226 Replies | 29 Followers

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,520
Points 30,960
Diana replied on Fri, Oct 11 2013 8:00 AM

I finally landed last night about 9 pm.  I'm still on east coast time.  I was up 23 hours straight and collapsed when I got to hotel.  Slept super sound for about 5 hours and was awake 4 am Portland time ( 7 East coast time).  It's going to take a couple days to get used to the time change.  Or I will just stay up and party go for the next 9 days...LOL

See Y'all soon.

Diana in East TN

• Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,401
Points 119,611
Patti replied on Fri, Oct 11 2013 9:07 AM

Darlene, I tried to pm you with phone numbers, but it probably won't go though as I had to ask for you to be a friend and I am leaving soon.  And I won't have a lap top.  flying out of Portland on Friday 11:30 am should be doable.  Other's have the list, maybe you can ask them to pm the numbers to you.

Gotta load the car.

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,221
Points 41,055
Donna B replied on Fri, Oct 11 2013 9:44 AM

Darlene:
Are renting a car and are hoping to be able to follow some one to retreat Sun.

Darlene, you are welcome to follow us to the retreat on the Coast via the most direct route (but by-passing Portland).  Patti will be taking an indirect route down the coast.

I just checked and you were not on the cell phone list that Patti sent out.  I will friend you right now and give you my cell #.  If you want to follow us, please send your cell # back to me via pm and then I will send you directions on where to meet us.  We plan to leave the Portland around 11 am Sunday morning.   

Judy T, do you still plan to follow us to the Coast?  Marge P & DH is meeting up with us and possibly Darlene & DH.  If so, I will send you directions on where to meet us tonight after I get to Portland.

Got to get in the car!!!  We are off...(almost...lol)

Winthrop, WA

• Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,963
Points 368,547
Kris replied on Fri, Oct 11 2013 11:26 AM

gini:

Kris,  Most airports have a cell phone waiting area now.  If PDX has one, we'll be there. Ring me when you are getting off the plane.   Are you checking bags?

I'll be flying United. No checked bags.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,801
Points 123,045

Donna B:
Judy T, do you still plan to follow us to the Coast?  Marge P & DH is meeting up with us and possibly Darlene & DH.  If so, I will send you directions on where to meet us tonight after I get to Portland.

I think so Donna. I was thinking of taking 84 over to 5 and then to 99. I'm familiar with that route. But might be fun to meet up with all of you. 

Send me the directions and I'll talk to you when I get to Vancouver Saturday evening.

In the beautiful Pacific Northwest!

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 794
Points 12,820
Quiltless replied on Fri, Oct 11 2013 8:36 PM

Marie:

I'm getting excited now too!  Although I am not going to the retreat I know I'll be enjoying it virtually with all the good reporters going.  Do you have a name for the group yet?  

All of you going, please have a safe and uneventful trip, you'll be in my thoughts and prayers.  ENJOY!!!!!!

I think they should namethis retreat, "End of the Oregon Trail." 

• Post Points: 50
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,801
Points 123,045

All packed, everything is in the car ready to take off tomorrow morning. Made George a pot of spaghetti and some chicken wings. Now I'm putting my feet up for the evening.

See everyone soon! Takes me about 5 hours to get to Vancouver depending on Seattle traffic.

In the beautiful Pacific Northwest!

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Fri, Oct 11 2013 8:38 PM

Darlene:
I would like it if I could get someone cell just in case please?I will send mine also 

Darlene, I just sent you the list of cell phone numbers via email.

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Fri, Oct 11 2013 8:39 PM

Quiltless:
I think they should namethis retreat, "End of the Oregon Trail."

Good one!

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 289
Points 4,460

gini:

I have the room booked in bend for Saturday night.   The hotel in sisters was too spendy, and Bend is only 1/2 hour away.   I called the stitching post to make sure they are open.   They are open at 10 Sunday morning.  Two hours to shop and we head back over the mountains for gleneden, about 3 1/2 hour drive.   I counted 5 of us on the sisters trip.   Deb are you interested?   The seating will be tight, but we could rotate in and out of the center middle seat.  No problem. 

Gini, thanks for the invite, but I plan to rest Saturday and meet Judy and others for breakfast Sunday. Hope you all have great weather!

MN Deb

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,221
Points 41,055
Donna B replied on Fri, Oct 11 2013 11:26 PM

I am in Oregon City...the ***real and official*** "End of the Oregon Trail"!  What a day it has been!  Before even getting out of the Methow Valley, I managed to burn my hand with steaming hot water and witness a good friend have a possible stroke.  As I left, she was being treated by a paramedic and transport to the hospital was being arranged.  I just called and she is doing fine...CAT scan showed no signs of an actual stroke and they are attributing her symptoms to stress. Hmmm  It sure fooled me!

We've unpacked enough to spend the night and tomorrow and next on the agenda is to give Patti a call to see what is planned for tomorrow.  

I will pm directions for meeting on Sunday morning to JudyT(with Deb), and Darlene (with DH).  Marge (with Lee/DH) already has them...  Does 11:00 am sound OK for everyone?

Can't wait to see everyone!

Winthrop, WA

• Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,963
Points 368,547
Kris replied on Fri, Oct 11 2013 11:40 PM

OMG Donna. That's a lot of excitement for one day. Here's hoping your friend is out of the woods and your hand is doing better. 

I'm having a night snack then will start packing.

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 605
Points 10,645
Tami Paul replied on Sat, Oct 12 2013 2:07 AM

had a great time with my son to nite in Porland . really hoping to met  up with some of you tomorrow

Tami of Walla Walla, Washington

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,963
Points 368,547
Kris replied on Sat, Oct 12 2013 3:03 AM

My Journey begins. We're headed for the airport. I think its awesome that I'm flying from Portland to Portland. See you ladies soon.

• Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,592
Points 75,980
Karla replied on Sat, Oct 12 2013 8:39 AM

Well it's Saturday morning...guess I had better start packing...want to be on the road by 6 am tomorrow morning.  Computer says it should be a 10 hour drive...allowing time for fueling up and getting some breakfast and/or lunch on the road should put us in there about 6 pm tomorrow evening.  Can't wait to see everyone and get away from this darn sage that is driving me allergies right up the wall this year.

I know I'll forget something...but I'll survive.

• Post Points: 35
Page 80 of 82 (1227 items) «Prev7879808182Next
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use