2013 Oregon coast, Beachcomber's Haven, Gleneden Beach. Oct 13-18.

rated by 0 users
This post has 1,226 Replies | 29 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,418
Points 415,754
gini replied on Thu, Oct 10 2013 11:23 PM

well, jacy can sigh a sigh of relief.  ms. inefficient has all the maps printed out with directions.  

gini in north idaho

• Post Points: 20
Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 598
Points 10,500
Tami Paul replied on Thu, Oct 10 2013 11:35 PM

so will we have a chance for some lunch or something before you all take off down to sisters? I was hoping to meet up with some but if Kris isnt getting there until Sat afternoon and then a lot of you are leaving right after that......

Anyway I will be there Friday. Dont know if I will mess with the quilt show on Friday, as I am not sure how long it will be open after I get there. Hate to be rushed. So unless someone has a better idea I am thinking of giving my son some time on friday. okay I was thinking he only lives 3 miles from fabric depot.... 

And ya my son helped me a lot with windows 8 when I first got it but worse case I will email my nephew back east. he seems to be the computer geek

Tami of Walla Walla, Washington

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,661
Points 63,390
Jacy replied on Thu, Oct 10 2013 11:39 PM

gini:

well, jacy can sigh a sigh of relief.  ms. inefficient has all the maps printed out with directions.  

well I think I'm more inefficient today, my jeans that I'm wearing tomorrow are still in the washer, guess I still have a couple more hours to pack. And I still have to write out a schedule to help keep everyone straight while I'm gone.  

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,661
Points 63,390
Jacy replied on Thu, Oct 10 2013 11:42 PM

Tami Paul:
so will we have a chance for some lunch or something before you all take off down to sisters? I was hoping to meet up with some but if Kris isnt getting there until Sat afternoon and then a lot of you are leaving right after that......

Did you get the phone #'s from Patti. Call us when you are in Portland and we'll figure it out.

• Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,836
Points 366,177
Kris replied on Fri, Oct 11 2013 12:07 AM

I haven't packed yet but hope to get that done after work. I won't be going to bed before leaving.

My updated itinerary says I'll arrive at 12:00PM and depart 8:05AM

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,399
Points 119,586
Patti replied on Fri, Oct 11 2013 12:21 AM

It does sound like most are going on to Sisters.   I plan to stay in Portland until Sunday morning.   If Kris does go to Sisters with the others, then me and Debbi J will probably spend a good part of the day at the quilt show, and then Fabric Depot will need some time.  Might also stop at Powell's book store.  My gosh, lots of books, and many good, used at very low prices. Lots of quilting books!

It takes a little less than 3 hours to get to Beachcomber's from Portland.  But we will probably go over to 101 and then down, so we can see more beach. 

Power goes off here, including the Methow at midnight tonight and then is supposed to be off for 5 hours. 

I am mostly packed, couple more sewing items, and then my clothes.  Got to finish the laundry.   Dang, I just realized that I can't bring the crock pot.  I was going to use it tonight to make something for DH, but with the power off, i can't.  So I'll start it in the morning.  But I will bring the big electric fry pan.

See you all soon.  Safe travels everyone, and have a good night's sleep Nana!

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,418
Points 415,754
gini replied on Fri, Oct 11 2013 1:28 AM

Kris what airline are you on

gini in north idaho

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,418
Points 415,754
gini replied on Fri, Oct 11 2013 1:30 AM

Kris,  Most airports have a cell phone waiting area now.  If PDX has one, we'll be there. Ring me when you are getting off the plane.   Are you checking bags?

gini in north idaho

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,418
Points 415,754
gini replied on Fri, Oct 11 2013 1:32 AM

Darn, I totally forgot about powells

gini in north idaho

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 936
Points 15,850
Marge P replied on Fri, Oct 11 2013 1:36 AM

Nana:
I made it to Oregon in one very tired piece....LOL>   I walked to a McDonalds for dinner and now catching up with you guys.   Diana is still a couple hours out.  She is definitely going to be one tired puppy.   Getting anxious to meet up with everybody.

Happy to hear that you are in Portland.  You deserve a good nights sleep.  Hope Diana is there with you.  We will leave in the morning but won't be early knowing us, however, we will be visiting kids in Portland so we will be okay.  See you all Sunday! :-)

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 936
Points 15,850
Marge P replied on Fri, Oct 11 2013 1:43 AM

Patti:
Gini, I have looked and looked and can't find the book on fractures.  But if I don't find that, I will bring one from last year we can look at. 

Patti - I will bring my "Fractures" book and I have 2  panels that I bought last year at the Attic Window Quilt Shop.  BTW, where did they move to?  Was very surprised to see the building empty.

We didn't know about the power outage tonight - guess I won't bother doing any more packing.  Just need to get to bed!

See you all Sunday.

Marge

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,399
Points 119,586
Patti replied on Fri, Oct 11 2013 3:53 AM

Marge, I did finally find my fractures book. 

It's 1:45 am and the power is still on.  I guess the Chiliwist was not included, but the announcement said pretty much all of Omak, Okanogan, and the Methow would be included.

So, my DH's dinner is in the crock pot, and I will be able to bring it with me. 

Well, back to bed.  I have a long drive tomorrow.

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 490
Points 9,250
Darlene replied on Fri, Oct 11 2013 7:09 AM

MNnancy:

Snowbird Quilter:
And a warning ---  There was a news report on one of the Portland TV channels that military flares have been washing up on the Oregon beaches.  One on Glenneden beach.  They look like 2" pipes about a foot long, with sealed ends.  If you see one call 911, don't touch it and walk away.  Probably nothing to worry about, but felt I needed to warn you.

Darlene - Randy says for you to make sure LARRY sees this!  He can just imagine Larry picking one up and shaking it.

I said the exact same thing or perhaps find it in our luggage during the search lol

Darlene

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 490
Points 9,250
Darlene replied on Fri, Oct 11 2013 7:09 AM

MNnancy:

Snowbird Quilter:
And a warning ---  There was a news report on one of the Portland TV channels that military flares have been washing up on the Oregon beaches.  One on Glenneden beach.  They look like 2" pipes about a foot long, with sealed ends.  If you see one call 911, don't touch it and walk away.  Probably nothing to worry about, but felt I needed to warn you.

Darlene - Randy says for you to make sure LARRY sees this!  He can just imagine Larry picking one up and shaking it.

I said the exact same thing or perhaps find it in our luggage during the search lol

Darlene

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 490
Points 9,250
Darlene replied on Fri, Oct 11 2013 7:27 AM

Patti we are arriving in Portland on Sat at 1:25 and are booked at Comfort suites at airport .We. Are renting a car and are hoping to be able to follow some one to retreat Sun.As of now we are booked to fly out Fri at 11:30.Do you think it will be a problem for us to get to the airport on time.? I would like it if I could get someone cell just in case please?I will send mine also 

Darlene(2manyhorses)

• Post Points: 50
Page 79 of 82 (1227 items) «Prev7778798081Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use