2013 Oregon coast, Beachcomber's Haven, Gleneden Beach. Oct 13-18.

rated by 0 users
This post has 1,226 Replies | 29 Followers

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,221
Points 41,055
Donna B replied on Thu, Oct 10 2013 7:30 PM

Nana:
I made it to Oregon in one very tired piece....LOL>  

Nana, welcome back to the beautiful Northwest!  Did you see the Columbia Gorge as you were flying in?  

Have a good nights sleep and we all will be there to give you big hug asap...

Winthrop, WA

• Post Points: 20
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,221
Points 41,055
Donna B replied on Thu, Oct 10 2013 7:33 PM

Sorry to the confusion on my last post!  For some reason, I got a duplicate of my reply to Nana...tried to delete it, and that was the result...sigh.  

Winthrop, WA

• Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,418
Points 415,799
gini replied on Thu, Oct 10 2013 7:38 PM

I have the room booked in bend for Saturday night.   The hotel in sisters was too spendy, and Bend is only 1/2 hour away.   I called the stitching post to make sure they are open.   They are open at 10 Sunday morning.  Two hours to shop and we head back over the mountains for gleneden, about 3 1/2 hour drive.   I counted 5 of us on the sisters trip.   Deb are you interested?   The seating will be tight, but we could rotate in and out of the center middle seat.  No problem. 

gini in north idaho

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,837
Points 366,197
Kris replied on Thu, Oct 10 2013 7:40 PM

Nana:
I made it to Oregon in one very tired piece....LOL>

That's good to hear.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,418
Points 415,799
gini replied on Thu, Oct 10 2013 7:43 PM

Oh, goody, the troops are starting to show up. Jacy and I will be leaving bright and early in the morning.   Jacy I'm glad you got the venue booked and off your list.   We will be in Portland by early afternoon.   We don't pick kris up until 1:30 on Saturday.   I am going to try and do a quick look-see at the quilt show sat morning.     If we arrive early enough on Friday, maybe we can do it tomorrow.  Does anyone know what time it closes?

gini in north idaho

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,221
Points 41,055
Donna B replied on Thu, Oct 10 2013 7:49 PM

gini:
Does anyone know what time it closes?

According to the website:

Public Quilt Show & Vendor Mall
   Thursday, October 10, 10 am to 7 pm
   Friday, October 11, 10 am to 6 pm
   Saturday, October 12, 10 am to 5 pm 

Who are the 5 going to Sisters?  You, Jacy, Nana, Kris, ?????

Winthrop, WA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,837
Points 366,197
Kris replied on Thu, Oct 10 2013 8:53 PM

I believe Diana is going to Sisters as well. Not sure of the fifth.

I'm scheduled to arrive at noon on Saturday barring incident.

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 598
Points 10,500
Tami Paul replied on Thu, Oct 10 2013 9:29 PM

glad everyone making safe and sound into Portland. Just got off the phone with my son. he was wanting to know when we were coming., so I finally got a somewhat answer from Dh of when we are leaving. probably noon. Really hoping to get to met some of you. sounds like you will all have so much fun. getting envious.

Also a side note. so I have a new phone. it has google chrome. I cant sign into the web page which drove me insane at work, when I found out the MQ9 reveal was released and nobody would hurry and post their results. But at least I can now see the pics in my email. but does anyone know a secret to get it to let me sign in to the site?

Tami of Walla Walla, Washington

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Thu, Oct 10 2013 9:53 PM

Snowbird Quilter:
And a warning ---  There was a news report on one of the Portland TV channels that military flares have been washing up on the Oregon beaches.  One on Glenneden beach.  They look like 2" pipes about a foot long, with sealed ends.  If you see one call 911, don't touch it and walk away.  Probably nothing to worry about, but felt I needed to warn you.

Darlene - Randy says for you to make sure LARRY sees this!  He can just imagine Larry picking one up and shaking it.

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

• Post Points: 50
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,221
Points 41,055
Donna B replied on Thu, Oct 10 2013 9:56 PM

Tami Paul:
Also a side note. so I have a new phone. it has google chrome. I cant sign into the web page which drove me insane at work, when I found out the MQ9 reveal was released and nobody would hurry and post their results.

Tami, I also have a new android phone with Chrome.  I just signed into QCA on it to be sure everything was OK, and it was.  So, not sure what your problem is.  Maybe your son can help?  These kids are so much more tech-savy than we are...lol!  Another reason you should be coming to Retreat...we all help each other with these pesky little details!  Hope you can find the answer and get it working for you.  And, hope to see you in Portland this weekend!!!

Winthrop, WA

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Thu, Oct 10 2013 10:01 PM

So is Nana the first to get to Oregon?  Glad she got there safely.  Good luck with connecting flights to the others coming cross-country.  Have I ever mentioned that I hate flying?  I'm not afraid of it; I just hate the security checks, the crowds, the cramped conditions, and the hurry up and wait.

Safe travels to the drivers, too.  Hoping for dry roads as we pass over the mountains.

My alarm is set for 4:50 a.m.   Good night!

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,399
Points 119,586
Patti replied on Thu, Oct 10 2013 10:04 PM

I had to go back and search, so I don't know if this was to last corrected arrival times, etc.

Here's the updated list for travel, Portland lodging, and sewing machines.  Correct me if I am wrong.

Arrival dates and pre-retreat plans.

Nana arrives Thursday Oct 10  at 2:30. (and leaves Sat 20th, flying out at 2:30.)

Donna will be in the area starting Thurs Oct 10, and willing to shuttle people to Fabric Depot, Quilt Show, or to Sister's

Diana arrives 11 am Thursday Oct 10.

Kris arrives Sat at noon and flies out early Saturday morning. 7:35 am.

Deb arrives 1:30 on Sat.

Three rooms are reserved by various members at Comfort Inn.  Diana has a room for Thurs, Fri, and Sat.  Nana, Jacy and Gini will room with her.   Deb has a room for Saturday and Kris will share her room.

Me and Debbi J. will be at the "other Comfort Inn and Suites" down the road.  arriving tomorrow evening.

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

• Post Points: 65
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,661
Points 63,390
Jacy replied on Thu, Oct 10 2013 10:21 PM

Patti:
Three rooms are reserved by various members at Comfort Inn.  Diana has a room for Thurs, Fri, and Sat.  Nana, Jacy and Gini will room with her.   Deb has a room for Saturday and Kris will share her room.

Those who are going to Sisters won't need the hotel room Sat night because we will be staying down near Sisters. I think we are leaving Sat after Kris arrives, Deb, should we wait for you too?

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,221
Points 41,055
Donna B replied on Thu, Oct 10 2013 10:24 PM

Wow, so now I am realizing that with Gini driving Nana, Jacy, Diana, Kris and possibly Deb to Sisters, that just leaves Patty, Debbi J and me in Portland on Saturday for the Quilt Show and Fabric Depot.  Is that right Patti?  

So let's make some plans!    If you're still going to the Quilt Show, I think I will drive to your Comfort Inn and ride the Max with you to the Convention Center.  

Winthrop, WA

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,679
Points 120,550

Patti:

I had to go back and search, so I don't know if this was to last corrected arrival times, etc.

Here's the updated list for travel, Portland lodging, and sewing machines.  Correct me if I am wrong.

Arrival dates and pre-retreat plans.

Nana arrives Thursday Oct 10  at 2:30. (and leaves Sat 20th, flying out at 2:30.)

Donna will be in the area starting Thurs Oct 10, and willing to shuttle people to Fabric Depot, Quilt Show, or to Sister's

Diana arrives 11 am Thursday Oct 10.

Kris arrives Sat at noon and flies out early Saturday morning. 7:35 am.

Deb arrives 1:30 on Sat.

Me and Debbi J. will be at the "other Comfort Inn and Suites" down the road.  arriving tomorrow evening.

Just add me to the list. I arrive Saturday evening and will be meeting up with Deb Sunday morning.

In the beautiful Pacific Northwest!

Page 78 of 82 (1227 items) «Prev7677787980Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use