2013 Oregon coast, Beachcomber's Haven, Gleneden Beach. Oct 13-18.

rated by 0 users
This post has 1,226 Replies | 29 Followers

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 930
Points 15,565
Marge P replied on Wed, Oct 9 2013 7:59 PM

Donna B:

So, Wayne and Tasha will still be coming to Oregon!  Would anyone have an objection to Tasha lounging in the sandbox with us if Wayne and the guys go on a long hike?  

No need to worry about being afraid of Tasha.  She is a real lady and very well mannered.  Very happy to hear that both she and Wayne will be able to come to the retreat.  Looking forward to seeing you all.  Safe travels all!

• Post Points: 20
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,642
Points 61,860
Jacy replied on Wed, Oct 9 2013 8:33 PM

gini:
sam has just screwed up my entire day

My DD's filled up my time tomorrow checking out some wedding venues. We're having a hard time finding something because a lot of places are booked for Christmas Parties. I got some projects gathered up today, hopefully tomorrow night I'll get some clothes packed. 

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,659
Points 435,535
Nana replied on Wed, Oct 9 2013 9:04 PM

Gini

When do we expect you to be in Portland?

Vinton, Virginia

• Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 23,826
Points 352,617
Kris replied on Wed, Oct 9 2013 9:07 PM

Safe travels Nana. See you on Saturday (gosh that sounds good).

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,385
Points 119,276
Patti replied on Wed, Oct 9 2013 9:22 PM

Quiltless, we may be at the same place again next year, unless someone else has another idea.  It would be great to have you come.  No dates set yet. 

Gini, I have looked and looked and can't find the book on fractures.  But if I don't find that, I will bring one from last year we can look at. 

I still can't find my good scissors or seam ripper.  May buy one tomorrow.  Or two. 

I have stopped sewing and have started packing.  If I have any time left, I will sew some more tomorrow evening.  The second door prize is still not completed.  May have to finish it there. 

I forget who else said they were doing a Thai dinner.  I had first planned to do it back in January.  In any case I am bringing the Thai curry packets and coconut milk.  I have plenty and it can be difficult to find in some areas. 

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,220
Points 41,005
Donna B replied on Wed, Oct 9 2013 10:28 PM

Marge P:

Donna B:

So, Wayne and Tasha will still be coming to Oregon!  Would anyone have an objection to Tasha lounging in the sandbox with us if Wayne and the guys go on a long hike? 

No need to worry about being afraid of Tasha.  She is a real lady and very well mannered.  Very happy to hear that both she and Wayne will be able to come to the retreat.  Looking forward to seeing you all.  Safe travels all!

Kris, Marge is right!  My son & DIL did an excellent job of training when she was a puppy...she NEVER jumps on people...ever!  And she considers cats her siblings, so never chases them either.    No worries at all...I promise!  She may be pretty big, but she is a real ***-cat with people!  (She might keep your feet warm...)

And all of you are so sweet to to let Tasha join us!  Sorry though, I have not trained her to be much of a quilter's helper...LOL.  She has been avoiding stairs for the last couple of years and my quilting room is in the basement - so rarely with me there.  (She is usually glued to Wayne & I am clearly 2nd best!)  But, I will guarantee she will be sleeping most of the time, occasionally may get up and check out what's going on, then mosey back to lay down in a different position for awhile.  She's getting pretty sedentary in her old age.  I'm thinking it might be good if I am near the door so I can take her outside every once in awhile.

So... We made it home about 5:30 pm and now to finish up errands, wash clothes, and get packed up to leave on Friday morning.  We will be calling Barnacle Bill's tomorrow to order crab and other seafood for our dinner night.

Patti, do you have any thoughts on a schedule for the week?  What day for Newport and the Quilt store?  What day(s) might be best for other excursions?  Or are you thinking this will this all be a group decision on Sunday night?  It would be good for me/us to have some idea what night we will be doing our seafood dinner so I can order the crab, etc for the day we will need it (we want it as fresh as possible).

Everyone, travel safe...I can't wait to see you all!

Winthrop, WA

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 959
Points 19,496

Good Gravy Girls:   I swear I turn my back and I'm ten pages behind

Donna B.  Count me in for your Crab and B???? (I can't spell).   I'm sure Robin will enjoy too!  And I'll put in for the both of us.  And would Tasha keep my feet warm.  I'd love that because I sew without shoes, just socks.

Kris:  I'm so glad you didn't have to put in for a "DEAD week" and that you got the job!  Big hug coming your way.  It just wouldn't have been the same without you.

I'm bringing a couple of projects, so when I'm bored with one I can go to another.  The deep injections in my hips and back that I got in April are beginning to wear off, so I'm finding it uncomfortable to stand or sit for very long.  I'll be getting up to walk on a regular basis, or lie down.  I hate it, but that is what I'm dealing with right now. This too shall pass.

I'll skip the whale watching trip.  I would love to go, just not this trip.  I'm looking forward to seeing all of you and meeting those I haven't met.  

Patti you have done a wonderful job again!  Thanks so much.  Nana and Gini you two have made me think about bringing Depends.  I'm thinkin I'm going to need em. Maybe I should think twice about sitting close to Judy T with my stocking feet.  

And a warning ---  There was a news report on one of the Portland TV channels that military flares have been washing up on the Oregon beaches.  One on Glenneden beach.  They look like 2" pipes about a foot long, with sealed ends.  If you see one call 911, don't touch it and walk away.  Probably nothing to worry about, but felt I needed to warn you.  Donna B may know more about this.

On that happy note see you Sunday.

A bed without a quilt is like a sky without stars.

Patty Mc  

Oregon & Arizona

• Post Points: 50
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,385
Points 119,276
Patti replied on Thu, Oct 10 2013 8:46 AM

I am not sure about the schedule.  Probably the easiest to decide once we are all together.   Tuesday we should hang around Beachcomber's as I think that is the day Pam will drop by.  Wednesday might be good for Newport and fabric store.  By then some of us might realize we need more fabric. 

Count me in for the crab dinner.   

Oh my, I could use another week to get ready, but I am so glad tomorrow morning my friend Debbi and I start the trip.  Debbi is so nice and I am so very glad she is coming.  I was not looking forward to the long drive by myself.

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

• Post Points: 50
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,486
Points 30,250
Diana replied on Thu, Oct 10 2013 11:33 AM

Hi Gang,  Well, I will get to Portland some time today.  My connecting flight was pulling away from the gate as I got there.  My flight from Knoxville was 15 minutes late and I did a half marathon between terminals and gates.  I don't leave Houston until 6 pm and arrive in Portland at approx. 9 pm.

I called hotel and gave them Nana' s name so she can get in the room that is reserved.  I hope they have a courtesy car to get to the hotel.  If not, I will pay for a cab.

See you all later or tomorrow.

Diana in East TN

• Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,057
Points 170,727
MNnancy replied on Thu, Oct 10 2013 12:15 PM

Wow, some of  you will be in Portland today!  Wishing you safe, smooth travels!

We head out on the road bright and early tomorrow morning.  I have most of my sewing stuff in the car and now need to pack clothes.  The cat and dog are freaking out at the sight of the suitcases.

I'll probably get back online one more time this evening, but if I miss some of you, I'll see you Sunday afternoon at the beach!

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,220
Points 41,005
Donna B replied on Thu, Oct 10 2013 1:06 PM

Patti:

I am not sure about the schedule.  Probably the easiest to decide once we are all together.   Tuesday we should hang around Beachcomber's as I think that is the day Pam will drop by.  Wednesday might be good for Newport and fabric store.  By then some of us might realize we need more fabric. 

Count me in for the crab dinner.   

Oh my, I could use another week to get ready, but I am so glad tomorrow morning my friend Debbi and I start the trip.  Debbi is so nice and I am so very glad she is coming.  I was not looking forward to the long drive by myself.

Patti, We will plan on Tuesday for the Crab and seafood dinner.  (I was thinking Monday because of Pam until she switch to Tues, so this sounds perfect now.)  I think we are up to around 16 partakers...but there always seems to be more than enough if someone wants to join in at the last minute (who just can't resist the wonderful aroma).  I'm glad you have company for that long ride too!

I'll try to check in this evening one last time before we leave in the morning for Portland.  

Patti and all , I have decided to join you at the Quilt Show and Fabric Depot on Saturday so I will plan to call you Friday night to see what the agenda is and how/where we can best meet.

Winthrop, WA

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 472
Points 8,795
Darlene replied on Thu, Oct 10 2013 2:18 PM

Donna I am in for the crab DH is not so he can eat bologna.We are leaving early Sat morning around 5am flight at 9am .Diana oh how crappy to be waiting around airport.This is one of the few times I am taking a connecting flight and I tried to leave a little of time between connections because DH moves like a turtle.lolThat is my worry that 1 flight will be late and messes up everthing

Darlene(2manyhorses) 

• Post Points: 65
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,486
Points 30,250
Diana replied on Thu, Oct 10 2013 2:58 PM

Darlene,  I will know better next time.  Worst thing is I am missing my afternoon nap.  Lol  Next time I will give myself at least hour and a half or more between flights.  I've had a bit of late lunch or early supper and have a bottle of water to take on plane.  I'm ready to fly but need the right plane.

See Y'all soon

Diana in East TN

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 283
Points 4,415

Darlene:

Donna I am in for the crab DH is not so he can eat bologna.We are leaving early Sat morning around 5am flight at 9am .Diana oh how crappy to be waiting around airport.This is one of the few times I am taking a connecting flight and I tried to leave a little of time between connections because DH moves like a turtle.lolThat is my worry that 1 flight will be late and messes up everthing

Darlene(2manyhorses) 

I have to switch flights in Denver and just saw I have 45 minutes to do it.  Thank goodness I know the airport very well, slept a couple times on the floor returning from Arizona to Minneapolis in the winter! Just a reminder, I will not be going to Fabric Depot so no one has to wait for me to arrive Saturday. Some of you know how I can not resist fabric, lol. Saving my pocket book for the trip later in the week :) I can't decide which slouchy sweatpants to bring as nothing matches. Oh well, you all won't care. I can't wait to hug you all, and meet the newcomers. Safe travels, everyone! See you soon! :-)

MN Deb 

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,220
Points 41,005
Donna B replied on Thu, Oct 10 2013 3:21 PM

Darlene:
Donna I am in for the crab DH is not so he can eat bologna.

Darlene, got you on the list!  Poor DH, he may have regrets and change his mind...so there should be some extra.

Everyone - I will be bringing 6 large green peppers and a grocery bag of tomatoes (both ripe and green).  So PLEASE do not buy any at the store!  I will be happy (really overjoyed) to share them!!!  Sorry Jacy, Karla and Nancy, I am sure you would rather not see another tomato for awhile...lol!  Me either!!!  

Gini, I have some jalepenos & cayennes in the bag to add to Sam's salsa.

Winthrop, WA

Page 76 of 82 (1227 items) «Prev7475767778Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today Copyright ©2009-2014, Crafts Media, LLC ALL Rights Reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use