2013 Oregon coast, Beachcomber's Haven, Gleneden Beach. Oct 13-18.

rated by 0 users
This post has 1,226 Replies | 29 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,720
Points 436,870
Nana replied on Fri, Oct 4 2013 7:20 PM

Kris I forget about using pages.  It is a good place to keep all the pertinent info.

Vinton, Virginia

• Post Points: 5
Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 287
Points 4,435

Nana:

Patti and MnDeb

Diana and I are registered at Comfort Suites at 12010 NE Airport Way at the junction of 122nd Blvd.   According to the map we are between Patti and the water in about the same area.

Thanks, Nana and Diana.  I thought that was the address you gave me. See you both and Kris then :-)

MN Deb

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Fri, Oct 4 2013 9:27 PM

Kris:
in the future, we could use "Pages" for pertinent information about retreats. That way it wouldn't get lost in the chatter

What a good idea!  Each topic would have its own heading, correct?  I know I was looking back to see who all was coming, and I had to scroll through a lot of pages to find it.  Goodness we're a gabby bunch!

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

• Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,720
Points 436,870
Nana replied on Fri, Oct 4 2013 11:22 PM

MNnancy:
 Goodness we're a gabby bunch!

That's why we have so much fun at retreat.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,398
Points 119,581
Patti replied on Fri, Oct 4 2013 11:24 PM

Kris:
I have a suggestion; It may be too late for this retreat but perhaps, in the future, we could use "Pages" for pertinent information about retreats. That way it wouldn't get lost in the chatter and we'll all be on the same page (no pun intended).

very good idea.

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,714
Points 364,457
Kris replied on Sat, Oct 5 2013 12:34 AM

MNnancy:
Each topic would have its own heading, correct?

Yep.

MNnancy:
Goodness we're a gabby bunch!

Ditto what Nana said. I'm sure glad we're gabby. LOL

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 936
Points 15,850
Marge P replied on Sat, Oct 5 2013 1:31 PM

Kris:
Yes Ladies, I've got good news. I got the job I applied for AND I can come to the retreat. Woo hoo!!!

Now that is great news, Kris.  So happy for you - looking forward to seeing you again.  What does the new job entail?  Kudo's to you!

• Post Points: 20
Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 936
Points 15,850
Marge P replied on Sat, Oct 5 2013 1:39 PM

Donna B:

I would like to know how many are interested in having either Cracked Dungeness crab and/or Bouillabaisse plus a salad for one dinner in-house.  As I said before, DH and I, along with Jan and DH will prepare, but we may need some contributions to help cover the cost of the seafood (probably between $5-10 per person). If we have enough interest, I will call Barnacle Bills and check on the fresh crab availability and prices and let you know.  

Just 8 days from now and I will be in Portland!  YES!!!

Donna - like I said in the PM count Lee and I in for the cracked crab - I swear that man can put away the crab - between that and a Fondue meal are the only times he spends much time at the table! LOL   We will be happy to pay more than our share.  Not too sure about the Bouillabaisse as I am not much of a seafood lover except for crab and prawns.  I won't starve either way.

Really need to crank up the energy and get stuff packed - I keep thinking of things but thus far they are still where they reside normally.  

Looking forward to seeing you all in just a few days!  

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 794
Points 12,805

MNnancy:

If I keep on sewing while you all are whale watching, maybe I'll finally get a quilt top finished at a retreat!  It's hard to beat our whale trip off the coast of Alaska this summer.  Here's one of FIVE breaches we saw just yards from the boat!

You will have to come and visit me sometime, Nancy.  My house backs up to the Puget Sound.  The Puget Sound has resident pods of Orca whales that come by in the Colvos channel sometimes.  My sewing studio has a bay window viewing the Colvos Passage.  (Of course we can't schedule the whales.)  Enjoy the link.  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XGYYOG6ckM8

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 794
Points 12,805

Kris:
... (Respectfully snipped.) 

Yes Ladies, I've got good news. I got the job I applied for AND I can come to the retreat. Woo hoo!!!

Fantastic news, Kris!  Now I know I can "attend" the retreat via the "Reporter" for the Daily Planet. 

Now that I've gotten past the retirement move and gotten my life (and sewing studio) back together I'm looking forward to actually attending a retreat soon. 

Looks like you have a great group attending this one!  Too bad I missed it.

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 567
Points 10,075

Quiltless, I want a sewing room like that,,, would you adopt me , please. We got to see a great show in the San Juan island back in June. There actually had 3 pods there at the time. which is pretty rare. One of the guys on the boat was flooring the boat over to see the 3rd one and he was born and raised on Ocras Island, They said it was rare to have one ( I think L pod), and transeit pod, but when the ( i think K pod) showed up. The research teams were racing out there to document it. So, we got a little extra time out on charter because of that. Well worth the money

Tami of Walla Walla, Washington

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,714
Points 364,457
Kris replied on Sat, Oct 5 2013 3:55 PM

Marge P:
Now that is great news, Kris.  So happy for you - looking forward to seeing you again.  What does the new job entail?  Kudo's to you!

Hi Marge. It's actually the same job I have now. We all had to reapply for jobs when the hospital cut hours and some positions were eliminated. Two of us will no longer have jobs after November 11.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Sat, Oct 5 2013 4:47 PM

Quiltless:
You will have to come and visit me sometime, Nancy.  My house backs up to the Puget Sound.  My sewing studio has a bay window viewing the Colvos Passage.

Oh, I think I invited myself to come sew with you immediately after you posted pics of your new sewing room.  How long can I stay?  LOL

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,720
Points 436,870
Nana replied on Sat, Oct 5 2013 5:54 PM

Nancy

Please repost the pic of the sideboard/buffet that Randy made.   I want to show it to Lewis.   Thanks.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Sat, Oct 5 2013 8:43 PM

Nancy, I sent the pics via PM.

Have you all seen the weather reports coming out of South Dakota???  They received over 3.5 feet of snow!  Glad we're not traveling this week!

Page 70 of 82 (1227 items) «Prev6869707172Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use