2013 Oregon coast, Beachcomber's Haven, Gleneden Beach. Oct 13-18.

rated by 0 users
This post has 1,226 Replies | 29 Followers

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,221
Points 41,055
Donna B replied on Thu, Oct 3 2013 9:51 PM

Hi, I am back on-line finally!  A Contractor broke the fiber-optic line in Twisp early this morning and took out all internet access for the whole Methow Valley.  It's been really quiet today...LOL!  

First, before I forget - and with everything else that is going on in my life that could be very easy - I will pm Patti, Judy T, Gini and Marge P with my cell phone #.  If there are other drivers that need it, please let me know. 

Patti, thanks for contacting BCH for the clarifications.  Even if there are dishes in the Sandbox, I would vote for using paper plates, etc so we have less dishes to wash.  We are at Retreat after all!  I am sure there are dishes in each unit with a kitchen, but I don't remember if there were plates, etc. in the Sandbox.  I know there was a crock-pot, coffee pot, paninni press,  popcorn popper and probably more I don't remember.

I would like to know how many are interested in having either Cracked Dungeness crab and/or Bouillabaisse plus a salad for one dinner in-house.  As I said before, DH and I, along with Jan and DH will prepare, but we may need some contributions to help cover the cost of the seafood (probably between $5-10 per person). If we have enough interest, I will call Barnacle Bills and check on the fresh crab availability and prices and let you know.  

Just 8 days from now and I will be in Portland!  YES!!!

Winthrop, WA

• Post Points: 95
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Thu, Oct 3 2013 10:06 PM

Donna, yum!  Please count Randy and I.

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

• Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,405
Points 415,659
gini replied on Thu, Oct 3 2013 10:44 PM

Donna, I'm in

gini in north idaho

• Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,720
Points 436,870
Nana replied on Thu, Oct 3 2013 10:49 PM

Donna

I am definitely in.  Looking forward to trying the Dungeness that I have heard do much about.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,600
Points 119,085

Donna, I'm in for the crab fest. 

In the beautiful Pacific Northwest!

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,398
Points 119,581
Patti replied on Thu, Oct 3 2013 11:46 PM

Folks are starting to send me their cell phone numbers.  I can make a list and pm everybody with that list.   If you don't want it on a list, let me know and I won't pass it on.   

I am not sure about the crab yet.  If Catherine comes, I am eating kosher with her, and we may need to fix our own meals.  I have been learning a lot about that.   It's not just what you eat, but how it is prepared, including the dishes and utensils that are used.

7 1/2 days before I leave.  Will probably get in Portland early evening.

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

• Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,729
Points 364,682
Kris replied on Fri, Oct 4 2013 12:05 AM

Donna B:
I would like to know how many are interested in having either Cracked Dungeness crab and/or Bouillabaisse plus a salad for one dinner in-house.

Oh I'm in.

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,507
Points 30,670
Diana replied on Fri, Oct 4 2013 6:10 AM

Donna,  I'm one of those that doesn't eat much seafood.  As long as there is a store close by, I love to eat peanut butter and jelly sandwiches.  I'm sure I won't starve.  Lol

Diana in East TN

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 287
Points 4,435

MNnancy:

Do you know what those post-its are on Randy's laptop???  Those are woodshops in the Spokane and Portland areas.  Looks like we are going woodshop-hopping on this road trip!   LOL

Funny! And good for Randy :-)

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 287
Points 4,435

Nana, what is the address of the hotel you are staying at. I am on Airport Way, I thought that was where you are. I can call and change the address if I need too. Thanks.

MN Deb

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 287
Points 4,435

Donna, I love crab! I am in! Thanks!

MN Deb

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,405
Points 415,659
gini replied on Fri, Oct 4 2013 10:08 AM

Patti, an excellent book, Miriam's kitchen,   Is about a young Jewish woman who wants to learn how to get back to her roots and keeping a kosher kitchen was part of her journey.   

gini in north idaho

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,720
Points 436,870
Nana replied on Fri, Oct 4 2013 10:39 AM

MNgutsygal :

Nana, what is the address of the hotel you are staying at. I am on Airport Way, I thought that was where you are. I can call and change the address if I need too. Thanks.

MN Deb

Deb

I don't know for sure.  Diana did the reservations.   I know it is close to the airport.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,221
Points 41,055
Donna B replied on Fri, Oct 4 2013 10:50 AM

No problem Diana!  Just more for the crab lovers among us...LOL!!!  (Maybe you'll try a taste?  Fresh is probably better than anything you've ever had in Tennessee.)

Winthrop, WA

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 571
Points 10,140
Tami Paul replied on Fri, Oct 4 2013 11:12 AM

Hi, Looks like everyone is getting excited about the retreat. I am still hoping to at least get to met some of you. We will be heading over to Portland sometime on Friday. DH hasn't decided if he wants to work on Friday or for how long.

And I have to agree there is nothing like fresh PNW seafood. And when you add in the component of view of the ocean, its flavor exponentially grows

Tami of Walla Walla, Washington

• Post Points: 35
Page 68 of 82 (1227 items) «Prev6667686970Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use