2013 Oregon coast, Beachcomber's Haven, Gleneden Beach. Oct 13-18.

rated by 0 users
This post has 1,226 Replies | 29 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,952
Points 368,312
Kris replied on Wed, Oct 2 2013 5:22 PM

Welcome Catherine. I hope to meet you at the retreat.

Yes Ladies, I've got good news. I got the job I applied for AND I can come to the retreat. Woo hoo!!!

• Post Points: 125
Top 150 Contributor
Posts 490
Points 9,250
Darlene replied on Wed, Oct 2 2013 5:24 PM

I need suggestions as to what to pack This is my first retreat that I am flying to.I usually brings so much and sew so little lol Do you bring a couple of favourite rulers and small projects or a large project that will keep you busy?Will there be extra machines so I could borrow please?From the sounds of the weather you are much colder and yuck kier than we are in Ontario 70s and sunny last 2 weeks I am thinking to bring some gloves so my fingers don't get cold 

Darlene(2manyhorses)

• Post Points: 50
Top 150 Contributor
Posts 490
Points 9,250
Darlene replied on Wed, Oct 2 2013 5:26 PM

Yea Kris so happy for you and us now we can enjoy you in person

Darlene(2many horses)

• Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,727
Points 437,045
Nana replied on Wed, Oct 2 2013 5:59 PM

Oh boy....big sigh of relief in your honor Kris.   I have been praying for a good resolution for you.   Can hardly wait till I can give you a big hug.

Vinton, Virginia

• Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,727
Points 437,045
Nana replied on Wed, Oct 2 2013 6:03 PM

Darlene

I have 4 quilt projects that I am bringing as well as some handwork.   I like to have the handwork for airports and planes as well as those times when I need a break from the sewing machine.  I only bring rulers if I need a special ruler for a project.   Those that drive always bring plenty to share.  We have several ladies that are kind enough to bring machines to share with those that fly.   Anxious to see you and Larry.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,952
Points 368,312
Kris replied on Wed, Oct 2 2013 6:37 PM

Nana:

Oh boy....big sigh of relief in your honor Kris.   I have been praying for a good resolution for you.   Can hardly wait till I can give you a big hug.

Doing the happy dance. Looking forward to that hug.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,465
Points 416,769
gini replied on Wed, Oct 2 2013 8:13 PM

i am about to pee my pants.  i was so worried you wouldn't get to come, kris and i am happy happy.  YOU GOT YOUR JOB, TOO.   i'm headed for the depends. 

darlene,   don't bring anything hard, like rulers, matts, cutters, books.   if you have to bring a project that uses something like a specialty ruler, ask if one of the drivers has one first.   don't waste space on a lot of clothes, we're not interested in fashion.  i wear something nice on the plane and save it to fly back.  

sam and  i wear one-way clothes when we travel, especially if we are planning on shopping and bringing stuff back.   we gather all our under wear with holes, t-shirts that might have a stain or hole in them. sweats that are ready to be retired, etc.   (i save our old clothes  for trips).    one pair of comfy all purpose shoes that you wear.  you don't want  to take up space with extra shoes.  it could be blustery and cold and rainy.   wear your outside layers on the plane, you can put them in the overhead on the plane, and even carry-on a heavy jacket if you need it. if you are planning on playing on the beach, you'll need extra shoes.  fleece is a great material for packing.  it keeps you warm, sheds water, and scrunches up small.  don't pack an umbrella, they turn inside out.  you might need warm jammies. 

patti  and donna, do we need a count of how many folks flying in would like a fitted sheet

general rule of thumb for flying and traveling in general.   lay out your packed bags  and all the money you are taking.  then take out half the clothes and add  twice the money you've planned on. . 

gini in north idaho

• Post Points: 50
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,401
Points 119,611
Patti replied on Wed, Oct 2 2013 8:23 PM

Kris, I am soooooooo glad you are coming and that you got the job too!    See you soon.

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Wed, Oct 2 2013 9:05 PM

Donna B:
As we can't depend on the short route (Hwy20) being open over the mountains, this may be a 5 hour trip each way.  

Wishing puppy the best!  I imagine you can go online ahead of time to find out if the road is open or not the evening before you travel?  

She won't have to stay overnight, will she?  

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Wed, Oct 2 2013 9:06 PM

Kris:
I got the job I applied for AND I can come to the retreat.

Double woohoo!!!

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Wed, Oct 2 2013 9:10 PM

Darlene:
This is my first retreat that I am flying to.

So Larry has agreed to fly???

We're driving, so let me know if there is anything you'd like me to bring.

I'd recommend bringing the big project and one of the small in case you need a break from the first.  Or, you might consider buying something small to work on once you get out here.  If you buy lots, you can always ship stuff back home.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,661
Points 63,480
Jacy replied on Wed, Oct 2 2013 9:33 PM

Kris:
Yes Ladies, I've got good news. I got the job I applied for AND I can come to the retreat. Woo hoo!!!

That is not "good" news, that's great, wonderful, fantastic news!!!!!!!!!! So happy for you on both counts.

Not much more than a week to go, I can't hardly wait.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,785
Points 122,625

Somehow I just knew you were going to make the retreat Kris. What great news.

In the beautiful Pacific Northwest!

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,221
Points 41,055
Donna B replied on Wed, Oct 2 2013 11:40 PM

Kris:

Kris, thank goodness!  I am soooo relieved!  Looking forward to giving you a hug...and congratulations on the job too!

Winthrop, WA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,952
Points 368,312
Kris replied on Wed, Oct 2 2013 11:49 PM

gini:
i am about to pee my pants.  i was so worried you wouldn't get to come, kris and i am happy happy.  YOU GOT YOUR JOB, TOO.   i'm headed for the depends. 

OMG after reading this I think I need some Depends too. LOL

I will be so wonderful to see you all again. 

Page 66 of 82 (1227 items) «Prev6465666768Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use