2013 Oregon coast, Beachcomber's Haven, Gleneden Beach. Oct 13-18.

rated by 0 users
This post has 1,226 Replies | 29 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,717
Points 436,720
Nana replied on Wed, Oct 2 2013 1:18 AM

Donna

Thanks for all the info on sites.   I checked out the Tradewinds at Depoe Bay for their whale watching rates.   It was $25 for a 2 hr excursion.   The site also stated that there were several whales being spotted in the area.   Might be interesting to get a group together to go.   There were also 1 hr excursions that I think were $18.

Vinton, Virginia

• Post Points: 50
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,221
Points 41,055
Donna B replied on Wed, Oct 2 2013 1:25 AM

Nana:
Might be interesting to get a group together to go.   There were also 1 hr excursions that I think were $18.

Would you believe I've never done this, but I thought about it with this group!  BUT, this last week, Depoe Bay's waters were closed due to high waves with the storms, but hopefully this weather will be over before we are there.  I definitely would be interested if there aren't small craft warnings, etc.!

And it is really close - less than 10 miles or so...

Winthrop, WA

• Post Points: 35
Not Ranked
Posts 2
Points 70

Thank you for your prompt answer.

catherine

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,717
Points 436,720
Nana replied on Wed, Oct 2 2013 1:41 AM

Donna

According to the site they they think they are going to be able to go out on Wed.  That the swells were diminishing.

Vinton, Virginia

• Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,717
Points 436,720
Nana replied on Wed, Oct 2 2013 1:44 AM

Donna

I have never done any whale watching either.   I would love to go one day if the weather permits.   I love to just ride on the ocean period.   We did a week long sailing trip out of Miami into the Bahamas on a 60 ft sail boat.   It was amazing.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,797
MNnancy replied on Wed, Oct 2 2013 8:00 AM

If I keep on sewing while you all are whale watching, maybe I'll finally get a quilt top finished at a retreat!  It's hard to beat our whale trip off the coast of Alaska this summer.  Here's one of FIVE breaches we saw just yards from the boat!

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,395
Points 119,521
Patti replied on Wed, Oct 2 2013 9:00 AM

Hi Catherine!   I just put two and two together and realized it's you!

Hey everyone, Catherine is my daughter's boyfriend's mother.   (perhaps more someday?)  Fantastic lady, we need to convince her to come to retreat.

As said we do not have a theme.  The first year everyone brought 8 inch leaf blocks to exchange with everyone else.   Some beautiful quilts came of this, but some of us are still working on them.  Then last year, some exchanged blocks, and many of us did row quilts, doing our own row and then posting  a picture and others did rows to add, which we finally got at retreat.  I haven't got mine put together yet.  So this year we are doing neither.   But for those who want we will have an ugly fabric block contest.  Jacy is bringing some very ugly fabric, enough for everyone to use, and the contest will be to make the best block using the ugly fabric.  There will be a prize. 

My main project at this retreat will be the wedding quilt for my father-in-law and his wife to be.  They are getting married at the end of November.

I am going to look for the postings about last year's retreat.  So you can see how much fun we have.

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,395
Points 119,521
Patti replied on Wed, Oct 2 2013 9:05 AM

Here it is.  We called it escape to Leavenworth.

http://www.quiltersclubofamerica.com/forums/t/36034.aspx?PageIndex=1

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,336
Points 414,639
gini replied on Wed, Oct 2 2013 10:48 AM

Hi Catherine,  hope to meet you at retreat

gini in north idaho

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,221
Points 41,055
Donna B replied on Wed, Oct 2 2013 11:04 AM

Catherine, welcome to QCA - hope you can join us, both at the Retreat and on-line.

Winthrop, WA

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,221
Points 41,055
Donna B replied on Wed, Oct 2 2013 11:39 AM

Good Grief, I am running out of time!!!  DH just scheduled a veterinary cardiology appt in SEATTLE for our senior puppy next Tuesday <sigh>.  As we can't depend on the short route (Hwy20) being open over the mountains, this may be a 5 hour trip each way.  

There going to do an EKG, EEG and some other tests on her to determine the exact problem.  Can you see $$$$ here???  We love her dearly, but there is a financial limit here ...but we need to know first what is going on.  It may be that medication may control her symptoms and if so, that will be worth it.  If not, at least we will know we have tried everything within our capability.

Oh gosh, I don't need this right now...  But, on the bright side as long as we are going over there I am going to schedule a hair cut with my favorite stylist...YAHOO!

Winthrop, WA

• Post Points: 65
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,445
Points 116,335

Donna B:
There going to do an EKG, EEG and some other tests on her to determine the exact problem.  Can you see $$ here???  We love her dearly, but there is a financial limit here ...

Donna, what a worry.  I know how you feel as we will face some hard choices for our Corki as her kidney fails. But hopefully not for a few years yet.

Good luck, I'll be thinking about you on Tuesday.

In the beautiful Pacific Northwest!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,717
Points 436,720
Nana replied on Wed, Oct 2 2013 12:52 PM

Donna

You will all be in my thoughts and prayers.   Hope you get good news.

Vinton, Virginia

• Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,336
Points 414,639
gini replied on Wed, Oct 2 2013 1:07 PM

drive safely, donna,  i hope you get good news at the vet's

gini in north idaho

• Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,441
Points 361,672
Kris replied on Wed, Oct 2 2013 5:18 PM

Donna B:
Good Grief, I am running out of time!!!  DH just scheduled a veterinary cardiology appt in SEATTLE for our senior puppy next Tuesday <sigh>

Donna,

I hope you get desirable news about your puppy. You're in my prayers.

I'm glad you'll get yourself a great haircut while you wait.

Page 65 of 82 (1227 items) «Prev6364656667Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use