2013 Oregon coast, Beachcomber's Haven, Gleneden Beach. Oct 13-18.

rated by 0 users
This post has 1,226 Replies | 29 Followers

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,782
Points 122,490

Doesn't the Sandbox supply cutting mats, ironing boards and irons?

I'm bringing a design wall. Also a small cutting mat, ironing pad and travel iron to set beside me as I'll be ironing lots of small pieces as I sew them together.  I'll also bring a power strip and a folding Ott light. Plus decks of cards and LRC dice.

I'm not bringing a fitted sheet as the only type we have is for an extra deep mattress. Since I'm sleeping along the flat sheet will be fine for me.

In the beautiful Pacific Northwest!

• Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Tue, Oct 1 2013 8:51 PM

Have we received an update from Kris as to how her vacation leave is working out?   Kris, are you online tonight?

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

• Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,951
Points 368,307
Kris replied on Tue, Oct 1 2013 9:09 PM

I'm here, still bumming. No answer yet. DH says I should just go and let them work out the pay thing. I'm inclined to agree. I really need the getaway.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,727
Points 437,045
Nana replied on Tue, Oct 1 2013 9:15 PM

Kris

I agree with Jason.  You have spent a lot of money on this and I would definitely be pushing for them to let me off,  If all else fails I would call in dead for the week.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,661
Points 63,480
Jacy replied on Tue, Oct 1 2013 9:51 PM

Kris:
I'm here, still bumming. No answer yet.

That's ridiculous that you don't have an answer yet. 

• Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Tue, Oct 1 2013 9:52 PM

Nana:
If all else fails I would call in dead for the week.

LOL

Come play with us, Kris!!!

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,661
Points 63,480
Jacy replied on Tue, Oct 1 2013 10:23 PM

MNnancy:
 I think I remember a challenge block with Jacy.  Do we know what colors we'll be working with for that?

I'm bringing the ugly fabric, a bunch of fabrics that could be used for the blocks, an some block patterns, The kitty thinks he's coming too, he's going to be disappointed.

I can post the ugly fabric if would rather know ahead so you can search through your stash for complimentary fabrics.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,661
Points 63,480
Jacy replied on Tue, Oct 1 2013 10:29 PM

Judy T-Bellingham:
I'm bringing a design wall.

I have a vinyl tablecloth for a design wall, was there clips or something to hang it up, or do I need something to hang it?

Like Donna, I have been busy with tomatoes, zucchini, etc, as well as my fighting my sinus again, I was just on antibiotics a month ago. Today I got my strips and FQ's together for the games. I'll probably end up packing the night before, I still have a lot to do before I can leave.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,401
Points 119,611
Patti replied on Tue, Oct 1 2013 10:51 PM

Jacy, I think I personally prefer not to see the ugly fabric until the retreat.  I have so much to do it would distract me, I'd be tossing around my fabric and messing up my quilt room again.  And I need to be sewing!

Looks like they do have clips to hang the design walls.  I'm bringing my flannel one.

I will call them tomorrow to see what they have at the Sandbox.  How many ironing boards and irons, tables for cutting and cutting boards, etc.  I also want to find out if those who have kitchens in their units also have dishes.  Oh and we much not forget the wine bottle opener. 

And good news, a friend of mine is coming.   Her name is Debbie.   She will room with me, so that still leaves Spud's room open. 

And my daughter's boyfriend's mother,  is interested.  I'll find out more later.   She is a wonderful person.  The whole family is fabulous.   She at least will want to come next year.  She has given me the dates that would not be good for her next fall, so I would like to try and plan around them.

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,727
Points 437,045
Nana replied on Tue, Oct 1 2013 11:51 PM

Patti

I just noticed that you changed your avatar.   From what I can see your DD looks a lot like you.  Beautiful pic.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,401
Points 119,611
Patti replied on Tue, Oct 1 2013 11:55 PM

Thanks.   the pic is a little fuzzy.  I was seeing her off at the airport.  She was in the security line and I was walking on the outside of the line when I remembered I wanted a picture of us.  So we asked the man in front of her to take a picture.  We were both trying hard not to cry.  But we got our picture. 

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

Not Ranked
Posts 2
Points 70
Orchidee replied on Wed, Oct 2 2013 12:41 AM

Good evening Patti.See you changed your picture.love it.

where would I find more info about the quilting,theme...?

thank you,

Catherine

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,727
Points 437,045
Nana replied on Wed, Oct 2 2013 12:58 AM

Catherine

If you are talking about the quilting at retreat there isn't a theme.   We each do whatever we want.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,951
Points 368,307
Kris replied on Wed, Oct 2 2013 1:00 AM

Nana:
If all else fails I would call in dead for the week.

I love that answer.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,951
Points 368,307
Kris replied on Wed, Oct 2 2013 1:01 AM

Jacy:
The kitty thinks he's coming too, he's going to be disappointed.

So cute. 

Page 64 of 82 (1227 items) «Prev6263646566Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use