2013 Oregon coast, Beachcomber's Haven, Gleneden Beach. Oct 13-18.

rated by 0 users
This post has 1,226 Replies | 29 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,714
Points 364,457
Kris replied on Wed, Sep 11 2013 11:41 PM

Forgot to say; I'm in for the card games. I have lots of strips I could bring. Not much of a card player but it sounds like fun.

• Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,400
Points 415,559
gini replied on Thu, Sep 12 2013 1:06 AM

i found another designer 1.  this means i have 2 extra machines i can bring, if needed

gini in north idaho

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,221
Points 41,055
Donna B replied on Thu, Sep 12 2013 1:31 AM

gini:
 It is about three hours from Portland to the retreat.   Is that right, Donna?    It is about 8 hours through sisters and we would want to stay along the way some where.  Probably get up early Saturday morning, drive over the mountains look at the scenery, stop at the quilt shop and head back over one of the passes in the afternoon.   We would easily be at the retreat by after noon.  

Hi everyone... I've spent a LONG day in Wenatchee... Dr appts and shopping, whew!  I am exhausted!!!

Gini,  Yes, DH says 8 hours should be plenty of time to drive the loop through Government Camp via Bend to Sisters, then Santiam Pass to Salem and then on to Lincoln City.  It might be less than that depending on the route you take from Salem to the Coast.  Kris has also expressed interest in seeing Sisters, but she isn't arriving at PDX until 1:30 Saturday.  So,

Kris...Sorry, but I think you have some hard decisions to make.   Sisters, or the Quilt Show & Fabric Depot?  I don't think you will be able to do it all in the less than 24 hours you have between your Portland arrival and leaving for the Retreat.

gini:
  Jaci is riding with me, if she wants to do the quilt show and shopping in Portland,   She will need a ride to  the retreat, from portland,  but will be riding home with me.  So Donna, we may have different riders going different routes to and from the retreat.   We may need you to drive someone down.  jaci I will call as soon as I get home and work out details.

Gini (and all), I can work with whatever you all need me to do (within reason of course...lol). Jacy is welcome to ride down with us!!!  We will plan to drive up to the airport on Sunday morning and lead the "parade" to Lincoln City and Gleneden Beach.  

Does anyone want to venture a Sunday morning departure time from the Comfort Inn?  We can't check into Beachcomber's Haven until 3pm...but with a leisurely 2 hour drive to Lincoln City, lunch, some site-seeing and shopping -  maybe 10 or 11am?  What time is your required checkout at the Comfort Inn?

BTW, I'll bring my featherweight.  If it's needed - I'll have it along!

Now, I am going to bed

p.s.  We got smart phones today too (new to us)!  Huge learning curve with the new technology...lol!

Winthrop, WA

• Post Points: 5
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,221
Points 41,055
Donna B replied on Thu, Sep 12 2013 1:34 AM

gini:

i found another designer 1.  this means i have 2 extra machines i can bring, if needed

Gini, WTG!!!  Finally, you found one, congrats!

Winthrop, WA

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,221
Points 41,055
Donna B replied on Thu, Sep 12 2013 1:38 AM

Kris:

Donna B:
Saturday arrivals:  Kris, Deb, & Darlene (by air - Noon to 2pm)  Are you 3 interested in a late afternoon/evening visit to Fabric Depot???  Or would you rather go to the quilt show?  I don't think you will have time to do both.

Shopping sounds good but I also want to do the show. I'm torn.

Judy T-Bellingham:
Is it just Kris, Nana, Deb and Diana who need a ride? Any of those going with Gini to Sisters instead?

I would love to go to Sisters. I've heard so much about this place wouldn't want to miss it.

Nana:
I am getting so excited.  I will ride with anybody...even if you have to strap me on top of the vehicle.

Ditto. LOL

Kris and Gini...  

FYI,  I just checked and the Stitching Post in Sisters closes at 5pm on Saturday and opens at 10am on Sunday.  If you can make that work, go for it!

Winthrop, WA

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,398
Points 119,581
Patti replied on Thu, Sep 12 2013 9:43 AM

Kris, we could possibly do the quilt show Saturday afternoon and Fabric Depot Sunday morning for a couple hours.  Or better yet, do the quilt show until it closes at 5 and then Fabric Depot is open until 9.  And during the night, if you start thinking, "I should have bought that" then we can stop on our way to the beach.

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

• Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,714
Points 364,457
Kris replied on Thu, Sep 12 2013 12:21 PM

I like that idea Patti.

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 936
Points 15,850
Marge P replied on Thu, Sep 12 2013 1:48 PM

Wow - it is so fun to read all the posts on the retreat.  I am so looking forward to it and am working hard to get my energy level back so I won't be just a watcher, but be able to be in the middle of it. :-)

I will by pass the quilt show and The Fabric Depot.  We will be in Portland as Lee and I each have a son that lives in the area so we will be visiting with them before we head for the coast.

Love the idea of the strip poker and will bring strips for that - also the quilt show of our quilts sounds good.  I could bring my 2001 Diary Quilt to share along with a couple smaller ones.  

I am more than willing to pay $$ for any group meals we decide to do.  Just really don't think I am going to be going full bore by then but I may  be surprised.  I am allowed to try and do 100% weight bearing 6 weeks post surgery and that would be the 20th of this month which is almost here.  I might play it really careful on that and remain doing the 50% weight bearing until Oct 8 when I go and see the surgeon again for what hopefully will be my final visit with him.  Will just play it by ear and also see what the physical therapist thinks.  I really do not want to screw anything up at this point in time.  I just want to get fully mobile.  I have a walker that has a fold down tray and that certainly has helped my hubby - I can get into the kitchen and get my own breakfast or lunch and get it back to my chair.  I use a pint jar with lid for my milk - no spills that way while I am walking.  it is amazing what you think of when you have to make adjustments.

So looking forward to rooming with Karla and Sonny and seeing all of the QCA gals I know and getting to know the newbies.  Need to get to thinking about what I am going to take to work on.

Just one more month! 

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,221
Points 41,055
Donna B replied on Thu, Sep 12 2013 3:38 PM

Marge P:
So looking forward to rooming with Karla and Sonny and seeing all of the QCA gals I know and getting to know the newbies.  Need to get to thinking about what I am going to take to work on.

Marge, I know we will all just be happy to have you there...period!  

If you get tired, you could always sit in a comfy chair with some handwork for awhile. Here is a pic of one possibility (under the clutter):

But all the sewing chairs are ergonomic office chairs and should be fairly comfy:

And even if you need a nap, that's OK too!!!  

Winthrop, WA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,400
Points 415,559
gini replied on Thu, Sep 12 2013 7:14 PM

do they supply the design walls, donna?

gini in north idaho

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,221
Points 41,055
Donna B replied on Thu, Sep 12 2013 9:55 PM

gini:

do they supply the design walls, donna?

Just the hangers and the clips...we need to bring the flannel or whatever type cloth to use as the design walls.  But there is LOTS of space for hanging them!

Winthrop, WA

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,398
Points 119,581
Patti replied on Thu, Sep 12 2013 9:59 PM

I'm bringing my flannel. 

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Thu, Sep 12 2013 10:37 PM

I'll bring my flannel, too.

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,221
Points 41,055
Donna B replied on Thu, Sep 12 2013 11:17 PM

BTW, don't forget that it was recommended (by the quilters there in April) to bring your own fitted bottom sheet to use on the bed in your room.  BCH only supplies flat bottom sheets that seem to pull out regularly...according to them.

I could bring extras for the flyers if needed.  The only ones I don't have are twin sheets.

Winthrop, WA

• Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,400
Points 415,559
gini replied on Fri, Sep 13 2013 1:29 PM

I'll bring a bottom sheet for nana and I.  I don't have many extras.

gini in north idaho

Page 50 of 82 (1227 items) «Prev4849505152Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use