2013 Oregon coast, Beachcomber's Haven, Gleneden Beach. Oct 13-18.

rated by 0 users
This post has 1,226 Replies | 29 Followers

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 467
Points 9,790
Pam replied on Sat, Sep 7 2013 1:17 PM

Hi Nana,

I saw the post on invisible thread and wanted to know if you heard of this method.  I learned it at a quilt class recently.

You can make it work with 'cranky' machines if you put it on a spool holder (like for lg. cones) and place it more than 3' away from machine.

Sounds weird but I didit! I had it 5-6" away on floor and it fed nicely- only a couple of problems instead of frustrating me constantly!

I guess the theory is it straightens it from it's 'memory' of being wound on spool.

• Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,399
Points 119,601
Patti replied on Sat, Sep 7 2013 3:33 PM

Nana:
Patti I think you are the one that said you were bringing a machine for me.   Does it like the invisible thread?   I think that is what I am going to do my applique with.

I took a class a long time ago using invisible thread, and It did just fine.

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,661
Points 63,390
Jacy replied on Sat, Sep 7 2013 3:59 PM

Pam:

Patti and all attending Oregon quilt retreat:
There is a coupon online for Fabric Depot. 25% off entire fabric purchase.  It is in the NW Quilt expo brochure pg. 17.

This link takes you to the site of the brochure- maybe can print it out for use BUT can still have enough time to order the free brochure anyway.

Hope this helps!

http://siterepository.s3.amazonaws.com/2740/2013_nwqe_brochure2.pdf

I tried to get a brochure but they were all out, so I went ahead and printed that page so I'll have the coupon if we go.

"Jackie, we are out of brochures.  I would think that Fabric Depot would still honor their coupon if you print it out from the website.

Laura Dickson
A Common Thread
Northwest Quilting Expo"

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Sat, Sep 7 2013 8:47 PM

Judy T-Bellingham:
those who want to play should bring at least (75) 2-1/2 x approx 22" strips

Since we'll all have strips along, I'll bring a new pattern I purchased for a purse made with jelly roll ruffles.  It's really cute, and some of us may want to whip one up before we lose all our strips in a card game.

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

• Post Points: 20
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,221
Points 41,055
Donna B replied on Sat, Sep 7 2013 9:26 PM

MNnancy:

Judy T-Bellingham:
those who want to play should bring at least (75) 2-1/2 x approx 22" strips

Since we'll all have strips along, I'll bring a new pattern I purchased for a purse made with jelly roll ruffles.  It's really cute, and some of us may want to whip one up before we lose all our strips in a card game.

But then, how would we play???

Winthrop, WA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,421
Points 415,844
gini replied on Sat, Sep 7 2013 11:27 PM

You could baste your ruffles on, so they are easy to remove for the game

gini in north idaho

• Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,399
Points 119,601
Patti replied on Sun, Sep 8 2013 9:41 AM

5 weeks from today retreat starts, and for those going early to Portland, LESS THAN 5 WEEKS!!!!!!!

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,221
Points 41,055
Donna B replied on Sun, Sep 8 2013 11:10 AM

gini:

You could baste your ruffles on, so they are easy to remove for the game

I've done enough ruffles in my life...I think not!

I'll just watch to see if Nancy has something "new" to do with the ruffles.

Winthrop, WA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,720
Points 436,870
Nana replied on Sun, Sep 8 2013 1:06 PM

Patti

Could you possibly post a list of who is coming.  I have gotten really confused along the way....LOL>

Vinton, Virginia

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Sun, Sep 8 2013 4:13 PM

Nana:
Could you possibly post a list of who is coming.  I have gotten really confused along the way

...and have we filled the rooms that were required to get the Sandbox?

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,399
Points 119,601
Patti replied on Sun, Sep 8 2013 10:33 PM

Everything in the 4 plex is paid for.  We do have the sandbox, but there are openings.  See the list below.

Those of you who have units outside the 4 plex need to pay directly to Beachcomber's Haven right away unless you have already done so.  It should be paid in full one month before we get there.   That would be unit 8, Donna and Jan and their DH's, Darlene and DH in Upper Carousel, Nancy and DH in Lower Carousel.

4 plex:

unit 9: Karla and DH, Marge and Lee

unit 10: room 1: Judy T      

room 2: AVAILABLE, THIS WAS SPUD'S ROOM AND WE NEED TO FILL THIS SO HER MONEY CAN BE RETURNED.

room 3: Patty Mc and MsCristie

unit 11: room 1 queen bed Gini and Nana

room 2: twin beds: Kris and Jacy

unit 12  room 1 queen bed: Patti and ? SPACE AVAILABLE, IF FILLED I CAN RETURN THE PARTIAL PAYMENT TO ANDREA.

room 2 queen bed: Deb and Diana

Upper Carousel: Darlene and DH

Lower Carousel: Nancy and Randy

Unit 8: Donna and DH with their dog, Jan and DH. 

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

• Post Points: 50
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,720
Points 436,870
Nana replied on Sun, Sep 8 2013 10:36 PM

Thanks Patti.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,221
Points 41,055
Donna B replied on Mon, Sep 9 2013 10:31 AM

Patti:
Those of you who have units outside the 4 plex need to pay directly to Beachcomber's Haven right away unless you have already done so.  It should be paid in full one month before we get there.   That would be unit 8, Donna and Jan and their DH's, Darlene and DH in Upper Carousel, Nancy and DH in Lower Carousel.

Patti, I called Beachcomber's Haven to pay and they said since the deposit was already paid in advance, it would be fine to pay the balance upon arrival.  

So others outside the 4 plex, I would advise you call first before sending payment.  Tell them what unit you are in and that you are with the QCA group 10/13-18.

Also...FYI, for those that have a separate unit booked for the 5 days - that is the same fee as a full week.  So, if you are interested, you might want to check to see if the following week-end for that unit is still available.  If so, you can have it for no extra charge!!!  (Jan & DH & myself & DH are booked from Sun-Sun in Unit 8 so we will be spending an extra 2 nights there.)

Winthrop, WA

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,399
Points 119,601
Patti replied on Mon, Sep 9 2013 6:59 PM

I have made my reservations for Friday and Saturday nights before the retreat at the Comfort Inn by the airport where some of you already have your reservations.  I am waiting to hear from a couple friends to see if one or both of them is interested in coming to the retreat, if not and someone is still needing a room let me know.  I have the first night free (reward points) and the second night I am paying and will be using the points towards another free stay.  So, no cost to whoever shares this room with me. It's supposed to be 2 queen beds, non-smoking.

I was going to travel down on the 12th, which would take most of the day and see if I could spend half a day Sunday at the quilt show, but decided that was not enough time.  Besides, I would rather take my time going down the Oregon coast, making stops, on the way to Beachcomber's Haven. 

Which reminds me.  Check in at Beachcomber's Haven is 3:00 pm.

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,679
Points 120,550

Patti:
I have made my reservations for Friday and Saturday nights before the retreat at the Comfort Inn by the airport where some of you already have your reservations.

Deb, is this where you're staying? I see a Comfort Inn at 5019 102nd Ave near the airport. 

I'm going to PM you my cell phone number so we can make connections on a time to pick you up.

If anyone else needs a ride, just let me know. I easily have room for one more..

In the beautiful Pacific Northwest!

Page 47 of 82 (1227 items) «Prev4546474849Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use