2013 Oregon coast, Beachcomber's Haven, Gleneden Beach. Oct 13-18.

rated by 0 users
This post has 1,226 Replies | 29 Followers

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 467
Points 9,790
Pam replied on Fri, Sep 6 2013 12:23 AM

I am taking the class "Medley" make & take Fri. am with Brenda and we're spending the night at the hotel mentioned in the brochure. It offers free shuttle to quilt expo (saves us $4 parking fees! Around 11:30 ish we'll be at the little restaurant or food court. If you are there look for me as I will wear my black T shirt with Coburg Quilt Show ( sorta red s ) front and you have seen my face on the site enough!

• Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,741
Points 436,665
Nana replied on Fri, Sep 6 2013 10:34 AM

Donna

This is for the Quilt Expo and is taking place in Sept.   This isn't the same quilt show that is in Oct.   I will see if I can find the info for the one in Oct.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,741
Points 436,665
Nana replied on Fri, Sep 6 2013 10:47 AM

Donna

Here is the link to the one that will be taking place in Oct.

http://www.mqxshow.com/MQX/West/Classes/ClassCalendar/index.cfm

Vinton, Virginia

• Post Points: 20
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,221
Points 41,055
Donna B replied on Fri, Sep 6 2013 2:17 PM

Nana:

Donna

Here is the link to the one that will be taking place in Oct.

http://www.mqxshow.com/MQX/West/Classes/ClassCalendar/index.cfm

Well duh...how did I miss that!  I guess I just got excited and totally overlooked the dates...

Nana, thank you for the sharp eyes and providing the link to the Quilt Show that "will" be going on while we are near Portland!  

In looking through the exhibits and classes (no free classes at this show), I did discover that the "White on White" quilts that I saw in Sisters (and that I posted pic's of on my blog) will be one of the "Special Exhibits" at this show.  They truly are amazing and worth seeing. It looks like there will be plenty of beautiful quilts to admire, so that will probably keep us all occupied.  

I'm going back to check out the venders now!

Winthrop, WA

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,221
Points 41,055
Donna B replied on Fri, Sep 6 2013 3:07 PM

One other thing, the coupon for Fabric Depot in the brochure for the Sept. Quilt Show is good until December, so it would be worth printing out in case you do decide to drop by there while you are in the Portland area.  (As Pam said, it is good "in-store" only...not on-line.)  Fabric Depot's only a few miles from the Convention Center where the Quilt Show is being held.

Winthrop, WA

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,661
Points 63,440
Jacy replied on Fri, Sep 6 2013 3:46 PM

gini:

i had a thought.    is anyone interested, who is driving,  in bringing a couple of their quilts for a show and tell.   i love looking at quilts, and it might be nice to take an hour one arfternoon and hae a quilt show.

I'm sure i can round up a couple.

• Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,937
Points 125,265

Have we decided if we're playing Quilters Strip Poker? 

If so, those who want to play should bring at least (75) 2-1/2 x approx 22" strips.  Remember this isn't really poker and you don't actually strip!

For details on how the game works go to my QCA blog   The instructions are more complicated than the game. Really.

The other game we played and was really a riot was LRC (Left Right Center). Played with three dice and three pieces of fabric, per game. In Branson we used charm squares (5" sq). Never forget Ruth Ann practically buzzing out of her skin or the look on Barbara's face when she won.

If enough want to play, I'll bring the dice.

In the beautiful Pacific Northwest!

• Post Points: 50
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,221
Points 41,055
Donna B replied on Fri, Sep 6 2013 7:06 PM

Judy T-Bellingham:

Sure, it can't be any wackier than Bunco...lol!  

75 Strips...hmmmm.  I'll have to do some cutting I think!

Winthrop, WA

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,221
Points 41,055
Donna B replied on Fri, Sep 6 2013 7:09 PM

Jacy:

gini:

i had a thought.    is anyone interested, who is driving,  in bringing a couple of their quilts for a show and tell.   i love looking at quilts, and it might be nice to take an hour one arfternoon and hae a quilt show.

I'm sure i can round up a couple.

I have been absolutely so "unproductive" this year.  I do not have one new quilt to my name for a show and tell.  But, I do have one at my sisters (in Oregon) that I gave her a couple of years ago that you haven't seen (at least in person).  I can bring that one and maybe one other.

Winthrop, WA

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,937
Points 125,265

Donna B:

Judy T-Bellingham:

Sure, it can't be any wackier than Bunco...lol!   75 Strips...hmmmm.  I'll have to do some cutting I think!

OK ladies, those who want to play the games, all you need to know is to bringing the following:

Strip Poker:     75 (or more) 2-1/2 x 22" strips. It helps if each one is rolled tightly and secured by a rubber band. But not required.

LRC:  3 pieces of fabric per game.  We used 5" charms in Branson but what if we used the 2-1/2" strips for this game also? Only 3 are needed each game. 

I'll bring several decks of cards and dice. 

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,937
Points 125,265

Donna B:
 I do not have one new quilt to my name for a show and tell.  But, I do have one at my sisters (in Oregon) that I gave her a couple of years ago that you haven't seen (at least in person)

Donna, I don't think they need to be newly made.  I'm bringing an old one that I made for my daughter in law. She's had it folded and stored on a shelf to protect it from her cats, so it's still in new condition. 

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,661
Points 63,440
Jacy replied on Fri, Sep 6 2013 7:22 PM

Judy T-Bellingham:
LRC:  3 pieces of fabric per game.

How many games of this do you expect we will play.

I have a shoebox of 2 1/2" strips and another of 5" squares, maybe I won't have to cut any. Any particular colors, themes, etc. I have some uglies in those shoeboxes too, should I throw some of those in too?

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,661
Points 63,440
Jacy replied on Fri, Sep 6 2013 7:25 PM

Donna B:
I have been absolutely so "unproductive" this year.  I do not have one new quilt to my name for a show and tell.

I don't have much completed this year either, lots of tops though. I think we will enjoy looking at them no matter what year you made them, and i enjoy quilt tops just about as much as finished quilts. (And they take up less space too!)

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,937
Points 125,265

Jacy:

Judy T-Bellingham:
LRC:  3 pieces of fabric per game.

How many games of this do you expect we will play.

I have a shoebox of 2 1/2" strips and another of 5" squares, maybe I won't have to cut any. Any particular colors, themes, etc. I have some uglies in those shoeboxes too, should I throw some of those in too?

No requirements at all.  We played one game of Strip poker and 2 games of LRC. Uglies are great. Seems like there is always so many things to do, especially on the Oregon Coast and games take a definite back seat. I'm going to bring Farkle also in case someone wants to play.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,741
Points 436,665
Nana replied on Sat, Sep 7 2013 11:29 AM

Only about a month away....yippee.   I loved playing the games Judy.   Unfortunately I gave my package with all my strips in it to Michelle when we were in Tennessee.   She was telling us about not having any stash.   Now I will need to come up with more strips.   I have been working on kits to bring and really need to get those finished up.

Patti I think you are the one that said you were bringing a machine for me.   Does it like the invisible thread?   I think that is what I am going to do my applique with.

Vinton, Virginia

Page 46 of 82 (1227 items) «Prev4445464748Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use