2013 Oregon coast, Beachcomber's Haven, Gleneden Beach. Oct 13-18.

rated by 0 users
This post has 1,226 Replies | 29 Followers

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Sun, Aug 25 2013 12:55 PM

Patti:
All this talk about food!  So what is everybody going to be working on, quilt wise.

I have a table runner cut out, and that panel for the window pane wall hanging that I mentioned in another thread.  I'm hoping to receive 500+ HSTs in the mail from the fall swap before we head out.  Those could be fun to work with.  Otherwise, I'll be working on items for our church bazaar which comes up in early November - I offered to make chicken pincushions, of all things, and some small purses and maybe some slippers.  I should probably bring my bigger sewing machine since I'll need more than a straight stitch for these projects.

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

• Post Points: 5
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 297
Points 4,555

Nana:

Judy

I like ice cream and frozen yogurt.   And I know Kris loves ice cream.

I am a huge ice cream fan!

MN Deb

• Post Points: 35
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,661
Points 63,440
Jacy replied on Sun, Aug 25 2013 6:28 PM

Patti, what was the name of that book you had last year with fractured quilts? I was thinking of pulling out that halloween panel I bought last year. I don't remember who else bought them, several of us I think. Did anyone make anything with them yet?

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,925
Points 125,055

MNgutsygal :

I am a huge ice cream fan!MN Deb

Well, then that settles it. After I pick you up we find an ice cream joint on our way to the retreat.

In the beautiful Pacific Northwest!

• Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,402
Points 119,641
Patti replied on Sun, Aug 25 2013 11:29 PM

Sad news.  I have received an email from Spud.  Her cancer has returned and she begins chemo this Friday.  She will not be able to come to retreat.  I know you will all be praying for her.

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

• Post Points: 65
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,661
Points 63,440
Jacy replied on Sun, Aug 25 2013 11:36 PM

I'm so sad to here that. Patti, do you have her address or email so I can send her a card.

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 467
Points 9,790
Pam replied on Sun, Aug 25 2013 11:53 PM

Oh so sad! Please tell her prayers are with her...

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,739
Points 436,625
Nana replied on Mon, Aug 26 2013 7:44 AM

Oh no.   I had a feeling something was up when she didn't post the results of her scan.  Prayers going up.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,925
Points 125,055

What terrible news about Spud. I feel so awful for her and her family. I just met her briefly at Leavenworth last year and was so looking forward to getting to know her better.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,221
Points 41,055
Donna B replied on Mon, Aug 26 2013 11:00 AM

Nana:

Oh no.   I had a feeling something was up when she didn't post the results of her scan.  Prayers going up.

Nana, I was thinking the same thing.  I pray she will remain strong to continue fighting this terrible disease!  

(I was so hoping she would be able to come to the Coast and have a fun week with us.)

Winthrop, WA

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 297
Points 4,555

Patti:

Sad news.  I have received an email from Spud.  Her cancer has returned and she begins chemo this Friday.  She will not be able to come to retreat.  I know you will all be praying for her.

OMG. My prayers go to her and her family. She is such a beautiful lady! I would like her address, too, Patti.

MN Deb

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 297
Points 4,555

Judy T-Bellingham:

MNgutsygal :

I am a huge ice cream fan!MN Deb

Well, then that settles it. After I pick you up we find an ice cream joint on our way to the retreat.

Yipee!

MN Deb

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,739
Points 436,625
Nana replied on Mon, Aug 26 2013 4:33 PM

I talked with Spud for about an hour today.  Her spirits are really good so far.  They found just a couple of smaller spots back in the neck and nasal passage.  She is really bummed about not getting to see everyone but is hoping there will be lots of pics so that she can be here vicariously.   She is very thankful for all the thoughts and prayers.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,925
Points 125,055

Nana:

I talked with Spud for about an hour today.  Her spirits are really good so far.  They found just a couple of smaller spots back in the neck and nasal passage.  She is really bummed about not getting to see everyone but is hoping there will be lots of pics so that she can be here vicariously.   She is very thankful for all the thoughts and prayers.

Thanks for the update Nana. We'll raise a toast to Spud in Oregon.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,221
Points 41,055
Donna B replied on Mon, Aug 26 2013 10:23 PM

I received some restaurant recommendations from our nephew who lives in Newport, OR...however, I tried to include websites for each in my post and it was 
"rejected", ie" needs moderator approval - in other words is in lala land never to be seen again.

SO, if anyone is interested, this info is on my blog.  If you want to see it, look there...

One thing I want everyone to be aware of:  The Side Door Cafe that is "close" to where we will be staying in Gleneden Beach is open for LUNCH AND DINNER ONLY...      NOT Breakfast and Lunch as I previously stated in error.  Sorry about that!!!  Plus, Dinner is by Reservation Only at this restaurant.   

Winthrop, WA

Page 43 of 82 (1227 items) «Prev4142434445Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use