2013 Oregon coast, Beachcomber's Haven, Gleneden Beach. Oct 13-18.

rated by 0 users
This post has 1,226 Replies | 29 Followers

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,221
Points 41,055
Donna B replied on Wed, Aug 14 2013 6:34 PM

Did Vivian ever get on the wait list or talk to you at all?

Winthrop, WA

• Post Points: 5
Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 467
Points 9,790
Pam replied on Wed, Aug 14 2013 8:39 PM

Patti, cpould you please tell me how many are attending the retreat?

I got brave and sent my quilt (landscape one) in to Oregon State Fair.....got my fingers crossed.

Am going to the Fair on the 24th and will be ashamed of my pitiful entry I am sure- as last year there were such incredible works of art there. But nothing ventured, nothing gained.

• Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,402
Points 119,641
Patti replied on Wed, Aug 14 2013 9:11 PM

We have 17 quilters for a sewing room that can hold 20.   And I think 6 husbands and a dog. 

I sent you a PM.  

Elizabeth will not be able to come.  

Vivian was on the list and then was offered an opening but had to turn it down as she has a lot going on.

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

• Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,741
Points 436,665
Nana replied on Wed, Aug 14 2013 10:22 PM

Donna

I got my gifties finished today.   Now I am just waiting on a purchase to arrive to finish putting everything together.   Then I think I have figured out something perfect for a door prize.  Hope to maybe get it together tomorrow.   I really need to get all this done so that I can move on to getting the Mystery Quilt 9 ready to go.  I have the pattern planned but figuring yardage really gives me a headache....LOL>

Vinton, Virginia

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,741
Points 436,665
Nana replied on Wed, Aug 14 2013 10:23 PM

Pam

Wouldn't you like to come and spend the week with us.   I know we would all love to have you with us.

Vinton, Virginia

• Post Points: 20
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,221
Points 41,055
Donna B replied on Wed, Aug 14 2013 10:49 PM

Nana:

Donna

I got my gifties finished today.   Now I am just waiting on a purchase to arrive to finish putting everything together.   Then I think I have figured out something perfect for a door prize. 

Show Off...ROFLOL!!!  I will get mine done, but much more slowly...  

Lots going on here like a) Senior Dog with congestive heart-failure and on diuretics (causing incontinence); b) Cistern empty again today so no water for showers, dishwasher or clothes washer [new cistern(s) s/be installed by Friday];  c) Leaving for Oregon on Friday for DH's 55th H.S. Reunion (near Portland);  and d) over Labor Day weekend a trip to Medford, OR for DH's favorite uncle-in-law's memorial service.  (For those that don't know, that's in southern Oregon and about 650 miles from our home in No.Central WA State).

(Pam, I'll wave as I go by on I-5... and yes, why don't you join us at the Retreat!) 

Plus, the tomatoes and peppers are finally starting to come on in the garden!  I'm going to be very busy for the next few weeks!  I'm tired just thinking about it all...

Winthrop, WA

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,402
Points 119,641
Patti replied on Wed, Aug 14 2013 10:52 PM

I think I know the perfect door prize.  It will be an easy, quick one to make, but so useful.  So when I get frustrated this month sewing together diamond blocks for the wedding quilt, I'll go make a door prize. 

Tomorrow I finish the Roman shades, and then on to the wedding quilt!

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 467
Points 9,790
Pam replied on Thu, Aug 15 2013 12:50 AM

hahaha!  Medford will be hot as the desert right about then....take lots of water!

You'll pass by my home's turnoff when you are leaving Eugene and see the "Willamette Pass Hiway 58 "exit to Bend etc. You can just start to see the Cascade foothills on your left and that's where I am- so wave  hard!

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,221
Points 41,055
Donna B replied on Sat, Aug 17 2013 12:05 AM

Patty Mac, I sent you a pm.

Winthrop, WA

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,595
Points 75,910
Karla replied on Sat, Aug 17 2013 6:19 PM

Donna B:
Show Off...ROFLOL!!!  I will get mine done, but much more slowly...  

Same problem here, Donna...tomatoes and cucumbers are in full force.  New dog in the house has had a few accidents, I guess we're not alert to her signals, much different that Kaci.  We spent 2 days steam cleaning the carpets.  Neighbors who have been gone for about 3 years to North Dakota and we've sort of been watching the house called to say they will be back next week and have asked me to let all kinds of service people in to get everything ready for their return.  Yesterday, it was the water company to turn the water back on, and we discovered a huge leak under the house.  Today was the carpet cleaners...had to run a hose from our house to theirs so they could clean the carpets because can't turn the water on to the house.  Monday, I think it will be the plumber (they called for a number to a local company) so I imagine they will try to get one out here on Monday.  Still need to wait for the electric company and the gas company.  I suppose telephone and cable/satellite will wait until they get back as everyone has cell phones.  Today the carpet cleaners showed up right in the middle of my pickle making...had to miss a quilting class I had signed up for because it was late when they left and had to get the pickles finished.

I'm really looking forward to the Oregon Retreat, I need a rest, some laughter, and good friends to get me back to normal.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,933
Points 125,230

Karla:
New dog in the house has had a few accidents, I guess we're not alert to her signals, much different that Kaci.

Karla:
I'm really looking forward to the Oregon Retreat, I need a rest, some laughter, and good friends to get me back to normal.

Karla, Also looking forward to Oregon. Also have a new dog in the house, 8 month puppy, but no accidents. Just the opposite. This dog will not pee where we want her to, which is the back yard. I tried to out wait her and after 15 hours I finally gave up and took her for a walk where she peed (and peed and peed) in some clumpy grassy weeds. Twice a day that's the only place she'd pee. We finally dug up the clumpy sod of grass and moved it to our back yard. Did that work? Nope. She still waits for her walks.

I'll go to Oregon and leave George with the two dogs. Bless their little hearts.

In the beautiful Pacific Northwest!

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,221
Points 41,055
Donna B replied on Sun, Aug 18 2013 12:34 PM

Judy T-Bellingham:
I tried to out wait her and after 15 hours I finally gave up and took her for a walk where she peed (and peed and peed) in some clumpy grassy weeds. Twice a day that's the only place she'd pee. We finally dug up the clumpy sod of grass and moved it to our back yard. Did that work? Nope. She still waits for her walks.

Judy. your new puppy is probably "marking" over where other dogs have peed.  Since other strange dogs are not in your back yard, its not as interesting to her.  Probably as your puppy settles down, and knows it's her home territory, she'll be happy to put her scent on your backyard - to stake her claim in doggy-talk.  You can imagine our dog going out every morning and pee'g over the spot where the coyotes have pee'd the night before (on top of her pee)...it's a never ending cycle...LOL!

Our dog pretty much has to be walked to poo (and always has). I think she needs the activity to get her bowels moving. And from what I see on the dog-friendly ski trails, she is not alone.  The first 500 yards or so have a lot of poo along the trail, but after that - no more.  I think they have all taken care of business and are now happy to run and play.  (BTW, there are poo bags available, but not many use them...and it is so much more visible on the snow.)

Winthrop, WA

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,933
Points 125,230

Donna B:
Judy. your new puppy is probably "marking" over where other dogs have peed.  Since other strange dogs are not in your back yard,

Could be but doesn't really fit either. She'll figure it out. She's only been with us for a bit over a week. Before that she was a starving street puppy in Puerto Rico and then with a foster family for 7 weeks who had 5 other dogs.

We have grown to love this funny little pup and she seems to have made us her family.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Sun, Aug 18 2013 8:24 PM

Judy T-Bellingham:
We have grown to love this funny little pup and she seems to have made us her family.

That's good to hear!  I think it's wonderful that you adopted an older rescue puppy.

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,933
Points 125,230

MNnancy:
That's good to hear!  I think it's wonderful that you adopted an older rescue puppy

She's only 8 months old. Still a puppy but we would have taken her even if she were older. If there is an Oregon retreat next year and we're able to get one of the single cabins, and you go, you'll get to meet her. Whew, that was a mouthful.

Page 38 of 82 (1227 items) «Prev3637383940Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use