2013 Oregon coast, Beachcomber's Haven, Gleneden Beach. Oct 13-18.

rated by 0 users
This post has 1,226 Replies | 29 Followers

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,402
Points 119,641
Patti replied on Wed, Aug 7 2013 6:57 PM

Donna B:

This is the final design wall on the south wall of the room.  It is really long!  Note how they pinned the fabric together to keep it straight! (I'll try to look at this again if I can stop by today.)

here's some pictures Donna posted earlier.  Looks like lots of room for design walls.  I am bring my flannel, with the button holes to hang.  But looks like they have clamps to hold up flannel sheets, etc as well.

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

• Post Points: 20
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,221
Points 41,055
Donna B replied on Wed, Aug 7 2013 9:14 PM

Patti, thanks for re-posting the pictures.  Yes, they supply the clips...we need to bring our own flannel, etc. to hang.

Judy, I would say the short wall is probably a minimum of 12 feet and the long wall is closer to 20 feet.  The design walls are together - so not distributed throughout the room.  But for that amount of design room...I think we can live with it!

Winthrop, WA

• Post Points: 5
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,221
Points 41,055
Donna B replied on Wed, Aug 7 2013 9:31 PM

Judy T-Bellingham:
If Patti and myself can take at least 2 people each and Donna and hubby can take?? Will that cover it?  It will be nice to have company on that leg of the drive.

We can take  2 people (as Patti said ***with light luggage***)...as we will have 2 sewing machines, a 70# dog, my supplies, our luggage and some cooking gear.

Since Gini can take up to 6 people to Sisters (if the weather cooperates) and we were just there last month, I think we will pass on that trip and just drive over from Portland.  

Patti, I looked at the MAX routes and prices last night and that really looks like a great idea!  Being an "honored senior" (65+) it only costs me $1.00 a trip or $2.00 for a one day pass!  So then I could go to the Quilt Show and/or Fabric Depot with whoever wants to go.   (Living where I do, I don't get many chance to see quilt shows!)  That also makes us available to lead the caravan on the route around south Portland.  

Patti, there is one funny connection in getting from I-205 to 99W heading toward McMinneville (you need to go north on I-5 to the next exit - then turn west).  I can show you on the map or you can just follow us...whichever you prefer, or both might not be a bad idea!

Winthrop, WA

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 305
Points 4,670

Nana:

Does everyone still want Shrimp and Grits one night for dinner?   Just need to know so that I can pick up the really good grits while I am at my Drs apt Friday.

Yes!  I would love to try authentic grits!

MN Deb

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 305
Points 4,670

Judy T-Bellingham:

I'm bringing a Baby Lock for Deb to use.  Deb, I'll also bring extra pincushion/ pins, scissors, thread, rulers so  you can pack light.

Wonderful. I have a sewing kit for my scissors, pins, thread and such, but no room for rulers. Thanks!

MN Deb

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,741
Points 436,790
Nana replied on Wed, Aug 7 2013 11:12 PM

I have to go to Charlottesville Friday for a Drs apt so will stop at the Amish cheese shop to get a bag of really good grits to bring with me.   I don't get to go to the cheese shop except when I have an apt in Charlottesville....LOL>

Vinton, Virginia

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 11,657
Points 136,092
Leslie replied on Thu, Aug 8 2013 12:48 AM

Nana, I knew we were alike i was raised on grits raised my girls on them and my grandbabies we love them

[Ava, Missouri

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 467
Points 9,790
Pam replied on Thu, Aug 8 2013 11:50 AM

Hi all! I finally am able to post again....it just wouldn't let me after I did not renew my Premium membership (!?)

Any way- here is a Mapquest link to the closest quilt shop (I think) to your retreat site. I like this shop- though it is small. https://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&tab=ll

It will be 17 miles so. of you and you pass several great viewpoints to pull out at.

If you venture north of Lincoln City there  are other shops.  Also I dunno if you are into outlet mall shops, there is a large one at Lincoln City

if link won't work just type in Quilter's Cove, Newport Oregon.

Also there is a free aquarium there to visit - a science center run one. Hatfield Marine science center right next to the Newport Aquarium (where Free Willy was) and they DO charge. Also right in same area is a flea market/antique mall called Pirate's Plunder that is always interesting- a whole group of shops there called Aquarium Village.

• Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,706
Points 419,524
gini replied on Thu, Aug 8 2013 1:19 PM

There used to be a great quilt shop in lake Oswego on the way to Lincoln beach

gini in north idaho

• Post Points: 50
Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 964
Points 19,596

Nana:

Does everyone still want Shrimp and Grits one night for dinner?   Just need to know so that I can pick up the really good grits while I am at my Drs apt Friday.

Nana:  I promised to buy the Shrimp.  However  --  since I'm a HIGH DESERT girl and know nothing about shrimp  --  Please instruct me on what to buy and how much.

I will be going through Bend and could hit Fred Meyer to Wal Mart or Costco.    So, Please lead this dumb lady (?) along.  Thanks ever so much.

A bed without a quilt is like a sky without stars.

Patty Mc  

Oregon & Arizona

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,221
Points 41,055
Donna B replied on Thu, Aug 8 2013 3:11 PM

delete

Winthrop, WA

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,221
Points 41,055
Donna B replied on Thu, Aug 8 2013 3:12 PM

gini:

There used to be a great quilt shop in lake Oswego on the way to Lincoln beach

It's still there...in the center of Lake Oswego (the town, not the lake).

Winthrop, WA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,741
Points 436,790
Nana replied on Thu, Aug 8 2013 5:25 PM

Patty Mc

I will have to check the recipe and see how much shrimp it calls for and then I will let you know.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,656
Points 137,960

The shop Pam refers to may be the one I stopped at last year in Newport, Quilter's Cove.  I had asked her at that time if she gave discounts to retreat quilters and she said yes.

Patti, do you want me to contact her? If so, would probably need to know that day we'd be descending on her.

There's no hurry, we may want to wait until closer to the retreat.

In the beautiful Pacific Northwest!

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,656
Points 137,960

Oh, also. It may only be about 18 miles to Newport BUT....the road is slow and winding and the beaches and scenery are incredible. 

In the beautiful Pacific Northwest!

• Post Points: 35
Page 36 of 82 (1227 items) «Prev3435363738Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2015 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use