2013 Oregon coast, Beachcomber's Haven, Gleneden Beach. Oct 13-18.

rated by 0 users
This post has 1,226 Replies | 29 Followers

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,384
Points 119,256
Patti replied on Tue, Aug 6 2013 9:08 AM

Wow you guys posted a lot yesterday!

I have to go to work this morning.  I will post later today a list of everyone and will also try to make note of all those who will be staying in Portland before the retreat.  And I will make a decision for sure as to whether I will be in Portland, and what space I may have available. 

We may have an opening for the retreat itself, sharing a room with a queen bed with me.  Andrea is not sure yet if she can come.  I have told her to let me know by Wednesday, as I will need to find a replacement for her.

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

• Post Points: 5
Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 283
Points 4,415

Nana:

Judy T-Bellingham:

Nana:

Judy

Games sound good to me.  You did a great job at Branson with those.  Except you kept stealing my last square.....ROFLOL

Hmmpff, well if you expect any mercy this time lady, you just wait and see.  

Can't say I was expecting any mercy then either.....ROFLOL

Made me laugh!!!!!!!! MN Deb

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,107
Points 110,270

Nana:
Games sound good to me. 

Since the games take large tables, I'm wondering if there is going to be a place where we can play. We used two large round tables in Branson for the Quilters Strip with about 6-8 per table. I think there was about 12 or more at one table for the LRC game.

Maybe we should just plan a Snipe hunt on the beach?

In the beautiful Pacific Northwest!

• Post Points: 35
Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 283
Points 4,415

gini:

We need a count of how many beds are in Portland,  jacy and I need a place to crash too.

I can share my queen bed, too. But Kris may need her space to recoup from being squished in planes all day!

MN Deb

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,220
Points 41,005
Donna B replied on Tue, Aug 6 2013 2:32 PM

Judy T-Bellingham:

Nana:
Games sound good to me. 

Since the games take large tables, I'm wondering if there is going to be a place where we can play. We used two large round tables in Branson for the Quilters Strip with about 6-8 per table. I think there was about 12 or more at one table for the LRC game.

I went back to look at my pictures from April and there is only one round table...not all that big...could seat 4-5.  There are the two large banquet tables used for cutting tables (with risers under the legs) that could be used.  For an evening of games and fun, we could clear the cutting mats, remove the risers and move our sewing chairs around the two tables.  Here are two pic's - 1) the room layout and 2) the banquet/cutting tables with risers:

:

I know this is the largest room at Beachcomber's Haven so there are no options there...unless we could move dining tables from guest rooms into the largest open area of a guest room.  But Alyce (co-owner) might frown upon that...LOL!

There might be a church hall nearby that we could use for an evening.  Just a thought... 

Winthrop, WA

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,220
Points 41,005
Donna B replied on Tue, Aug 6 2013 2:33 PM

Judy T-Bellingham:
Maybe we should just plan a Snipe hunt on the beach?

Great Idea!!!

Winthrop, WA

• Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,659
Points 435,535
Nana replied on Tue, Aug 6 2013 4:19 PM

Donna

I don't see any reason why we couldn't use the work tables for games.   It wouldn't be difficult to remove the risers.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,107
Points 110,270

Nana:

Donna

I don't see any reason why we couldn't use the work tables for games.   It wouldn't be difficult to remove the risers.

Oh shoot, does this mean the Snipe Hunt is out? ;-}

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,659
Points 435,535
Nana replied on Tue, Aug 6 2013 5:04 PM

Judy T-Bellingham:

Nana:

Donna

Oh shoot, does this mean the Snipe Hunt is out? ;-}

Judy

I don't go snipe hunting....not even on an Oregon beach.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,107
Points 110,270

Nana:

Judy

I don't go snipe hunting....not even on an Oregon beach.

Ah come on, Nana. We really do have real live Snipe out here. Really we do. Cross my heart. They are all over the beach around midnight. Grab your flashlight.  I'll give you a fat quarter for every Snipe you catch.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,384
Points 119,256
Patti replied on Tue, Aug 6 2013 8:14 PM

Here is who is coming:

4 plex:

unit 9: Karla and DH, Marge and Lee

unit 10: room 1: Judy T      

room 2: Spud

room 3: Patty Mc and MsCristie

unit 11: room 1 queen bed Gini and Nana

room 2: twin beds: Kris and Jacy

unit 12  room 1 queen bed: Patti and ?Andrea?

room 2 queen bed: Deb and Diana

Upper Carousel: Darlene and DH

Lower Carousel: Nancy and Randy

Unit 8: Donna and DH with their dog, Jan and DH. 

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,220
Points 41,005
Donna B replied on Tue, Aug 6 2013 8:32 PM

Judy T-Bellingham:
Ah come on, Nana. We really do have real live Snipe out here. Really we do. Cross my heart. They are all over the beach around midnight. Grab your flashlight.  I'll give you a fat quarter for every Snipe you catch.

And Geoducks too! (Pronounced "gooey ducks") You'd really love "digging" some.  They are a site to see!  (Google "goeduck) and you will see what I mean...resembles a male appendage...lol.)  I don't think there are many in Oregon still...now mostly found in Puget Sound area of Washington.  It might be a challenge to find one!!!  I'd even pay a Dollar...LOL!

Winthrop, WA

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,384
Points 119,256
Patti replied on Tue, Aug 6 2013 8:35 PM

Arrival dates and pre-retreat plans.

Nana arrives Thursday Oct 10  at 2:30. (and leaves Sat 20th.)

Donna will be in the area starting Thurs Oct 10, and willing to shuttle people to Fabric Depot, Quilt Show, or to Sister's

Diana arrives 11 am Thursday Oct 10.

Kris arrives Sat at noon and flies out early Friday morning.

Deb arrives 1:30 on Sat.

Two rooms are reserved by various members at Comfort Inn.  Diana has a room for Thurs, Fri, and Sat.  Nana, Jacy and Gini will room with her.   Deb has a room for Saturday and Kris will share her room.

I hope to arrive Friday.  Not sure what I am doing about a room yet, etc.  Talking with DH tonight. 

Those flying who will need machines?

Judy T is bringing a machine for Deb.  I will bring my pfaff for Nana.

Diana, Darlene.   What about you Karla?

4 machines?   Please if you are flying, don't trust the airlines with your machine, let someone bring one for you.   I always come with 2 pfaffs.

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

• Post Points: 65
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,107
Points 110,270

I'm bringing a Baby Lock for Deb to use.  Deb, I'll also bring extra pincushion/ pins, scissors, thread, rulers so  you can pack light.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,659
Points 435,535
Nana replied on Tue, Aug 6 2013 9:15 PM

Patti

I don't have a room reserved.  I am with Diana.   Deb has a room reserved for her and Kris.  I think it has 2 beds though.  Diana and I had planned to have space for Gini and Jacy..     I don't know for sure who else is supposed to need rooms.

Vinton, Virginia

• Post Points: 35
Page 34 of 82 (1227 items) «Prev3233343536Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today Copyright ©2009-2014, Crafts Media, LLC ALL Rights Reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use