2013 Oregon coast, Beachcomber's Haven, Gleneden Beach. Oct 13-18.

rated by 0 users
This post has 1,226 Replies | 29 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,717
Points 436,765
Nana replied on Thu, Jul 18 2013 12:12 PM

Patti

I was telling Lewis about the checks coming in the same envelope.   He was quite impressed that someone was smart enough to realize they were going to the same place and using one envelope.  He doesn't see that very often in his business....LOL>

Vinton, Virginia

• Post Points: 5
Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 287
Points 4,435

Gini, dang, that trip sounds great ( I had no idea there were more volcanoes then St. Helens!) but I don't get in to Portland until 1:30 pm Saturday, October 12, and leave 2 pm Friday, October 18.  So I need a ride to the retreat and back from someone.

I am thinking of bringing my Baby Lock.  Think I can get it through security? I remember your story of your hubby trying to get your's through.  I am hoping to piece the Christmas quilt for my brother Jim and his wife.  I bought the fabric while at the retreat in Leavenworth.

I did reserve a room at the motel Nana is staying at for Saturday night. 

Spud, I haven't said hey to you yet. Can't wait to see you again!

Thanks, everyone.

Deb

• Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,471
Points 116,825

MNgutsygal :
get in to Portland until 1:30 pm Saturday, October 12, and leave 2 pm Friday, October 18.  So I need a ride to the retreat and back from someone.

Deb, I got you, no problem. I can easily pick you up Sunday morning and can get you back to the airport in plenty of time on Friday. It's only a 3 hour drive to Portland so if we early on Friday it's an easy trip.

When it gets closer, PM me your flight number and cell phone number and I'll get you mine.

I can also bring you a sewing machine and any other gizmo's you need. Just let me know.

In the beautiful Pacific Northwest!

• Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,395
Points 119,521
Patti replied on Sat, Jul 20 2013 8:49 AM

Donna B:

In Western WA this time of year...just pick a rural roadside and it is full of blackberry vines - as tall as a house!  

Believe me, she will get plenty of blackberries and we will have pie! Yippee!!!

Donna, those are not the true wild blackberries.  Those are weeds and in comparison very, very little flavor.  I had forgotten how difficult it was to pick wild blackberries.  Very tedious, on the ground, with very prickly vines , small berries.  Had to wear thick rubber gloves with the fingers cut off and long sleeves. Only tall vines were those supported by a bush underneath.  And since they grow where they get sun, this doesn't happen very often. 

I was overly optimistic in how much I could get.  But I will bring some blackberry jam.  Maybe we will have huckleberry pie.  Those are so much easier to pick and this may be a good year.  Will be going scouting soon to see what the crop will be like.

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,358
Points 414,959
gini replied on Sat, Jul 20 2013 12:56 PM

MNgutsygal :
( I had no idea there were more volcanoes then St. Helens!)

there must be close to a dozen up the west coast from california to the canadian border, and most of them could rumble into life like st. helens did at any time.   when rainier goes again it could wipe out most of seattle.  

an area on the eastern slope of the cascade range in oregon has been bulging for the past decade and has risen about a foot.  the view of the three sisters and related volcanos around them is one of the most scenic areas i've been through. 

gini in north idaho

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 287
Points 4,435

Judy, thanks, that is great.  And I will take you up on borrowing a machine. I am so excited!

Deb

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,471
Points 116,825

MNgutsygal :

Judy, thanks, that is great.  And I will take you up on borrowing a machine. I am so excited! Deb

Deb, it's a Baby Lock Audrey and a sweet little machine. I am so looking forward to the retreat and seeing you again.

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 485
Points 9,150
Darlene replied on Mon, Jul 22 2013 12:06 PM

I am soo looking forward to seeing some of you again and meeting with all the new friends.I will need to borrow a sewing machine please.I can promise that I don't speed or put a lot of miles on it because I am usually too busy talking or watching others as they create wonderful quilts.

I was hoping to book a straight through flight but I guess thats impossible so not sure what flight is best as of yet .This is the first time flying to a retreat so not sure what will get packed.I know lots of you are pros at getting everything in a suitcase but I will have to sit on mine lol.In Virginia beach Gini laughed at how much stuff I brought .lol

Darlene(2manyhorses)

• Post Points: 65
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,471
Points 116,825

Darlene:
I was hoping to book a straight through flight but I guess thats impossible so not sure what flight is best as of yet .This is the first time flying to a retreat so not sure what will get packed.

Darlene. I should have room for one more. Deb is coming in on the 12th and getting a room. I will be picking her up on the 13th in Portland. Her flight back is on Friday 18th.

I don't have another machine except the one I've giving Deb but I know others who are driving will be bringing extras. 

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,717
Points 436,765
Nana replied on Tue, Jul 23 2013 10:37 AM

Darlene

I am flying into Portland on the 10th so that I can attend the big quilt show they are having.  Diana is also flying in early and Gini and Jacy are going to meet us in Portland.  I think a few more are meeting up in Portland early to do the show as well.   If you are interested we would love to have you come early.

I have found that there is no such thing as a direct flight from anywhere on the east coast to the west coast.....LOL>

Vinton, Virginia

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,661
Points 62,790
Jacy replied on Tue, Jul 23 2013 10:53 AM

Darlene:
I will need to borrow a sewing machine please.

I have an extra sewing machine, and I know several of us brought extra machines last time. We'll have one for you for sure.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,479
Points 362,147
Kris replied on Tue, Jul 23 2013 5:50 PM

gini:
nana, chris, diana, what day are you arriving?  and have i left anyone out?

I'm scheduled to fly into Portland at noon on October 12 and fly out at 0735 on October 19. I think I'm supposed to be staying with Nana and Deb at the hotel near the airport.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,471
Points 116,825

Kris:

gini:
nana, chris, diana, what day are you arriving?  and have i left anyone out?

I'm scheduled to fly into Portland at noon on October 12 and fly out at 0735 on October 19. I think I'm supposed to be staying with Nana and Deb at the hotel near the airport.

My car holds 4 easily. We'd just need to be a bit creative with supplies but betcha we could do it. I don't know who else is driving through Portland on the 13th or if Patti, Gini etc are coming through the day before to go to Sisters, Oregon.

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,499
Points 30,480
Diana replied on Tue, Jul 23 2013 8:30 PM

I arrive on Oct. 10 at 11:46 a.m.  At least that's what my flight schedule says.  I'm flying in on United flight number1175 from Houston. 

I have hotel reservation at Comfort Suites Portland Airport for nights of October 10 - October 12.

I will need use of a sewing machine, if possible.  I can't wait for this retreat and to see the Pacific ocean.

And of course to meet new friends.

Diana in East TN

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,661
Points 62,790
Jacy replied on Tue, Jul 23 2013 8:47 PM

Diana:
And of course to meet new friends.

I look forward to meeting you too.

Page 32 of 82 (1227 items) «Prev3031323334Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use