2013 Oregon coast, Beachcomber's Haven, Gleneden Beach. Oct 13-18.

rated by 0 users
This post has 1,226 Replies | 29 Followers

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,384
Points 119,256
Patti replied on Thu, Jul 11 2013 10:57 PM

First, NO ONE is late.  But just informing you all of monies received.  I have been paid by Judy T, Marge, Macy, Diana, Karla, Kris, Patty Mc and Mrs. Cristie.  Not received yet are payment from Deb, Andrea, Nana, Gini and Spud.  Those in upper and lower Carousels, and unit 8 are responsible to make their own payments directly to Beachcomber's Haven, final payment for you is due 30 days before retreat. 

Tomorrow I will be sending Beachcomber's Haven a check for all the recent payments received.  I will be gone over the weekend, and want to get as much sent off as I can.  Eases my anxiety, as my Mother still lives in my brain and she wants to make sure you all know what has happened to your money, should something happen to me.  She is also nagging me about making my health insurance payments for the next couple months, in case I should get in an accident, you know who might forget to make the payments and we would lose our home and everything we have saved on the hospital bill.   (for our COBRA insurance, they won't take automatic withdrawals from our bank account.)

My Mom wasn't just there for me every time I fell, she was there guiding me so I would avoid falling.  (unfortunately, much of my life I ignored her when it came to my diet.)

But MOM, I am doing better now!  

Have a good weekend everyone. I am going to western WA to pick blackberries.  All weekend.  If successful, you all will have blackberry pie come retreat.

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

• Post Points: 65
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,426
Points 72,090
Karla replied on Thu, Jul 11 2013 11:14 PM

Thanks for letting me know that my check was received.  I'm looking forward to this retreat.

• Post Points: 5
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,220
Points 41,005
Donna B replied on Fri, Jul 12 2013 11:13 AM

Patti:
Have a good weekend everyone. I am going to western WA to pick blackberries.  All weekend.  If successful, you all will have blackberry pie come retreat.

Patti, LOL!   In Western WA this time of year...just pick a rural roadside and it is full of blackberry vines - as tall as a house!  

Believe me, she will get plenty of blackberries and we will have pie! Yippee!!!

Winthrop, WA

• Post Points: 20
Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 283
Points 4,415

Thanks, Patty Mc and Judy T.  I am baaaaaaack. And so excited for the retreat.

Patti, I sent a message to your facebook account before I fixed this account. I thought I had paid in full already.  Please let me know.

Happy summer, everyone.

Deb

• Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,119
Points 110,525

MNgutsygal :
Thanks, Patty Mc and Judy T.  I am baaaaaaack. And so excited for the retreat.

Glad you're back Deb. Looking forward to being your table buddy again. Lots of quilting, long walks on the beach, run into town for Chai Lattes........

In the beautiful Pacific Northwest!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,344
Points 126,144

Patti, you should have received my payment on the 12th. If not please let me know and I will check with my bank. Thanks for all your work on this, what a task and you are doing a wonderful job. I'm looking forward to your blackberry pie...

Life is like a quilt...bits & pieces, joy & sorrow, stitched with love

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,384
Points 119,256
Patti replied on Mon, Jul 15 2013 9:43 PM

Deb,you are right.   You paid the whole price for the whole room.  Then Diana and you decided to share, so she sent you half of that.   So, Diana, I goofed, you are now overpaid and I owe you $96.25.  PM me your address, and I will send you a check.  

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,384
Points 119,256
Patti replied on Mon, Jul 15 2013 9:45 PM

Spud, I have not been to the post office since the 11th.   It is probably sitting there.  I will let you know.

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,659
Points 435,535
Nana replied on Mon, Jul 15 2013 10:51 PM

Patti

You should have received my check by now too.   Just let me know if it isn't there.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,384
Points 119,256
Patti replied on Tue, Jul 16 2013 9:48 PM

Nana and Spud.  You have different banks but the payment comes through the same place.  Both checks came in the same envelope. 

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,659
Points 435,535
Nana replied on Tue, Jul 16 2013 11:05 PM

Patti

That is really weird.... LOL>   Just so you got the check.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,110
Points 410,949
gini replied on Wed, Jul 17 2013 5:22 PM

we arrive on the 13th of october.   do we leave on that friday the 18th?  we are staying 5 nights, right.

nana, chris, diana, what day are you arriving?  and have i left anyone out?

patti, and donna, what day are you arriving in portland,  and are you planning on going to the quilt show?

i thought i would try to give us an extra day on the front of the trip to drive through sisters, oregon.  that will depend on everyone's  schedules and if  we can leave sooner.  is anyone interested in doing this?   it will mean a night on the road somewhere.  it is about a 2-3 hour drive from the airoirt to the retreat.   it is about 3-4 hours to sisters, then another 5-6 hours to the retreat.   sisters is in the middle of oregon and if the weather is halfway decent you can see tons of volcanoes on the drive. there is also that quilt shop that is famous. we would drive over the cascade range in two different places,  the scenery is outstanding. 

what day is everyone leaving?   we need to plan on enough cars to hold everyone from portland to the coast.   my truck can hold 6 total, but the middles aren't that comfortable.  i have lots of room in the back for machines and suitcases. 

gini in north idaho

• Post Points: 65
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,659
Points 435,535
Nana replied on Wed, Jul 17 2013 6:26 PM

Gini

I arrive on Oct 10 and leave the following Saturday.  I am up for anything you work out.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,119
Points 110,525

I can pick a couple people up at the airport who are arriving on the 13th.

In the beautiful Pacific Northwest!

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,220
Points 41,005
Donna B replied on Thu, Jul 18 2013 11:07 AM

Gini, I was planning to drive to Portland on the 10th, be available to shuttle the fliers to Fabric Depot on the 11th and the PNW Quilt Show in Portland on the 12th. (I'll be staying with my sisters in a Portland suburb.)   

But, if people would prefer to drive over to Sisters instead of Fabric Depot maybe we could switch days (do Quilt Show on the 11th, Sisters on the 12th) & then drive direct to the Coast on the 13th.  I'm up for whatever everyone prefers!  

I will have DH + a dog (16 y.o.; 60 #'s) with me on the long trips.  We would have space for two people in our Subaru Station Wagon.  If Gini can take some luggage that would give Tasha (the dog) a little more space in the back-end.

Winthrop, WA

Page 31 of 82 (1227 items) «Prev2930313233Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today Copyright ©2009-2014, Crafts Media, LLC ALL Rights Reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use